šŸ•Š [Mercy] Instant Rez, with GA reset

• 30sec cooldown Single Rez is instant cast, and refreshes Guardian Angel cooldown.

Sounds like a big buff, but hereā€™s the catch:

• BUT rez targets while glowing for 2.25sec:
  • For the first 0.25sec they are invulnerable, so they can get their bearings
  • After that they can receive damage, but no headshots.
  • All heroes have 200hp.
  • All have the same hitbox (even if the visual is different, just use one single rectangular cube).
  • Can move but have a 25% slow status.
  • Can jump.
  • Can crouch.
  • Cannot use abilities or attacks.
  • Can be Zarya bubbled and tanked for.
  • Cannot be healed.
  • If the hero survives the glowing, all default health is restored.
  • If the hero does not survive the glowing, they are put back in their old respawn timer.
  • Damage dealt to glowing rez targets does not give ultimate charge up enemies.

Makes it so instant Rez still has counterplay, but the responsibility for the Rez being successful is on her teammates.

5 Likes

I donā€™t think this fixes the main issues people have with Mercyā€¦

30 Likes

It definitely would be more fun for Mercy.

Isnā€™t that the issue?

To OP:

I do not like this idea, and would prefer that it not be implemented

3 Likes

Any particular reason why?

I prefer her as she is

1 Like

For me, it wouldnā€™t make her any more fun. There are a lot of catches to this buff and I think it isnā€™t enough to get Mercy out of her ā€˜current stateā€™.

5 Likes

isnā€™t guardian angel 1.5s? what would the refresh to the cd do?

Itā€™d let you GA in res and GA out rather than waiting.

Being fun for mercy doesnā€™t justify balance

3 Likes

Agreed. But is there anything particularly unbalanced about this?

Itā€™s potentially unfair to healers and headshot based dps as healers canā€™t heal the target but tanks can barrier them and headshot dps canā€™t get headshots.

Depending on how cooperative players are it may significantly up the res count and somewhat bolster healing numbers.

Resing someone takes 1.75s which means that for 1.75s Iā€™m not healing anyone which outside of ult is a potential loss of 87.5 healing per res.

We could move back to the Mercy reses everything quite quickly.

If I get GA back once I hit res and res is instant I am going to go for it most of the time and most of the time Iā€™ll be able to hit it and get out. The person may end up dying but, they were already dead so that isnā€™t going to matter all that much beyond a slight stagger and a slight feed and they will manage to provide a distraction for however long it takes for them to die again.

Hereā€™s some of the res counts from my recent games in QP.

Some of these matches Iā€™m already flirting with nearing 1 res/minute.

Youā€™ve also got issues from a fun perspective. Itā€™s not fun for Mercy to res while slowed and I doubt itā€™ll be fun for the res target.

Well, one point I forgot the cover ā€œDamage received during the glowing, does not feed ultimate changeā€.

this would be a huge punishment to alliesā€¦ no one wants to go back into the fight with a huge handicap

Well, if you survive, youā€™re good. You got all your HP back.

If you donā€™t survive, youā€™re no worse off than if you werenā€™t rezzed.

If I understood correctlyā€¦ youā€™re in this state during 2.25 seconds, meaning that if Mercy rezzes someone with less than that number, their downtime would be factually extended

That still doesnā€™t take care of the fact that you (as an ally) are forced into a situation that might be particularly frustrating with you having no input in the matterā€¦

But you got 200hp, a single sized hitbox for everybody, and a 25% slow instead of a 75% slow, and you can jump and crouch.

Which means that your only hope is hiding or being protected, rezzing amidst a fight is pretty bad if that were the case and you are also punished with a larger body if you happen to be thin or mobility dependant (since you canā€™t use abilities?)

All Iā€™m saying is that for everyone rezzed, the vast majority would go: thanks for nothing mercy

Well, if you go in for a rez and it fails now. Youā€™re down 2 teammates.

If you go in for a rez and it fails with this. Youā€™re down 1 teammate.

Trash idea, as always.
Do you know what TTK is and how low it is in this game?
It wonā€™t make tanks worth rezing because itā€™s basically going to negate their large health pool.
What will the hitbox be? A small one or a large one? WIll it be worth it to rez a DPS with a hitbox the size of Dva, for example?
Way too easy to be killed again, way more respawn time.
You need to stop coming up with ideas, youā€™ve done that a bunch of times till now and each and every one of them has been absolute trash. Let it go buddy, Mercy doesnā€™t need help from people like you.

1 Like