Mercy hides far more now than she used to btw

Leaving your team outnumbered and without a main healer is the right way to use the ultimate? Okey then.

But what I don’t get about your logic is there are ways to dispell hiding and rezzing. Add a cast time to her ultimate is the simplest answer to that problem.

Why is your logic that “here is problem. There is no solution to problem ever. End of story.”

1 Like

She SHOULD have been the top pick at the lower ranks as she has the lowest skill floor. However, she was not OP there, and the problem was solved by getting better at the game.

But this isn’t exclusive to Mercy?

If you just stand out in the open against any competent team, you’ll get focused down.

What was exclusive to Mercy is how she would be rewarded for completely abandoning the fight.

That’s probably because they utilised Mercy in a specific way. Having lots of Resurrects does not make you a good Mercy.

Because the rez was instant and you were immune to all damage, so there wasn’t a point in hiding unless you wanted to abuse free sr.

She will no longer be rewarded as performance based SR isn’t a thing anymore for diamond and above

I think the main point is that for other heroes, they aren’t rooted into place of 1.75 seconds. Mercy literally can’t move. Obviously if other heroes stand still they will get focused, but the point is that they have the OPTION to move. Since Mercy can’t, she NEEDS to play it as safe as possible.

Look at Ultimates like Reaper and Pharah. Also leaves them vulnerable, and have a reputation as being killed while using it (more Pharah than Reaper). It’s because they are also pretty much rooted in place.

And Mercy is not the only one that can get reward from leaving the fight. A McCree, Reaper, or Junkrat to name a few can all get reward out of their ultimates by leaving the fight.

Funny how you pulled a 180 on acting like high rank Mercy players are pulling massive rez numbers. When “in reality” that doesn’t happen.

For curiosity’s sake, how many rez per game does your main average?

1 Like
  1. I’m a GM Mercy main lol

That’s impressive.

First one I’ve seen beyond 9.

The only reliable main healer is a good pick? Who would have guessed.

Console players are sh*t soooo…

There’s a difference between hiding away from the fight to fly in and rez, than it is to hide out of enemy line of sight while actively healing/damage boosting your allies.

One is engaging, the other is not.

1 Like

I hate this misconception.

SR was not a factor in this at all.

The reward for winning a point/match due to hide and res was a win.
And no matter how you look at it, a won game is a won game, end of story.

They could take SR away from Mercy for every person she Res’d, and you would still see people do it because doing so successfully would increase her odds of winning.

So can we please stop trying to spread this lie that “players only did it to game the SR”?

Ah yeah, I pretty much only look at PC stats.

Some people won’t be happy till she has just her gun and a nerfed guardian. Then they will cry about her pistol.

1 Like

Oh but it is. You’d get rewarded more SR for hiding.

Given the disadvantages you’d be giving your team by hiding, the win rate naturally would be low.

Except, hiding would increase her odds of losing.

Mercy won’t be balanced as long as she has rez and damage boost. Altering breaks is 2op.

Some people won’t be happy if Mercy isn’t the best healer for every comp, every map, and every skill tier.