Mercy hides far more now than she used to btw

Just incase you actually thought putting rez on cool-down and giving it a cast time would somehow remove that, it didn’t. Can’t wait to see the next 10 nerfs that still won’t make her balanced.

72 Likes

Reverting would also have hiding even with the SR abuse fixed as hiding is inbuilt into the ability itself.

5 Likes

I know you mean well, but it get’s so tiring seeing people use that excuse when I never did unless my team yelled at me to do so. Was it a problem? No. If they removed the invulnerability (which was only added so Mercy could compete with an overpowered Ana) she would be fine. I never liked that buff anyway.

13 Likes

It WAS a problem in anywhere below Masters.
Mercy WAS the top pick in all seasons before the rework.
Masters and GM players where savvy enough to “deal with it” so Mercy was picked less.

17 Likes

Wow… ignorance is bliss. She wasn’t top pick every season before her rework btw

39 Likes

I suppose all those times of me staying in the fight and evading damage and going in for the tempo rez just aren’t real then?

Only ever had to hide if ults were popping out and the enemy team would likely waste aton of their ults and then complain when they forgot that they hadn’t killed mercy.

she was because she was a popular pick not because she was op.

HOWEVER the invuln overbuff to mass rez was op and was highly unnecessary.

13 Likes

In season 3 she was more or less a troll pick, after the rework she became mandatory… are we playing the same game?

34 Likes

In Masters/GM yes…

So… masters and GM knew how to counter rez and you’re mad you never chose to? ok.

12 Likes

Thats not the point though :slight_smile:
She was the most picked if you disregard the higher ranks (which I do for Mercy as BY DESIGN she should be less picked up there)
Even before the invulnerability buff.

1 Like

Also, she had an high pick rate beacause

1. She has a big fan base
  2. she was the only one with susteined heals, no moira, no ana (for a little time), no brig with tons of utilities
17 Likes

She wasn’t tho lmfao she was a troll pick worse than symmetra in seasons 1-3 you would be reported for playing her

15 Likes

I’ll agree.
She is STILL the only one with sustained heals though.
Ana in her current state is worthless and waaay outweighed by what Mercy can do.
Also Moira got the barrier nerf, further shoving her down.

1 Like

One rez could be used behind cover/without LoS and had a bigger radius.

Another rez doesn’t get any of that.

Explain to me why the second one is promoting more hiding, please, when the first one literally didn’t need you to come into sight at all?

6 Likes

you need to hide to use rez or you’re most likely dead.

1 Like

Mercy was picked more than Ana in Season 3.

Plat,Gold,Silver,Bronze have over 85% of the population.

8 Likes

Wow what amazing insight. I suppose your argument for the sky is red would be “the sky is red.”

6 Likes

I used to play her in the season 3 era, but i can tell you that ana was wayyyyy to useful for triple tank, you know, 5 seconds of 100% increase healing was a must (read, completly broken).

Mercy had a higher pickrate than Ana in Season 3 (not in masters/gm)
Ana was still very useful sure, but Mercy still won. As she did in Season 1 and 2 as she was the “only” choice. With the current state of the main healers. Mercy 1.0 would still win.

Resurrect as a concept and what it can do, far outweighs anything the other main healers can do.

4 Likes

The “problem” with Mercy 1.0 was the hide and rez. The pros started to cry about it so the rework came to be.

Current Mercy has a hard time with all the dive, flankers, stunners and you want more nerfs?