Mercy hides far more now than she used to btw

No, you get SR for winning. If it didn’t work more often than it did, then you would fall by the sheer fact that you lose SR on losses.

It was risky, yes, but if you pulled it off, which many players were capable of due to incompetent enemy teams, it would practically guarantee you the win, and thus the subsequent SR.

Right, which is why top tier players did it. Because it would throw the game more often than not.

Sure thing pal.

Force the other team to use ultimates to win a fight and then resurrect your teammates to render their ultimates valueless, then use your own ultimates to win the fight? Yeah, totally horrible value.

I legitimately never said that, stop putting words in my mouth. I only said that the way it was was broken.

You won more Sr if you won and lose less if you lost.

My point is even if they fix that, people would still do it.

Because a win is still a win.

1 Like

That’s just the way you were coming off TBH.

If you’re fine thinking of Mass Rez with some nerfs added on to it to remove Hide and Rez, then I have no problem with you.

Just a lot of people refuse to even consider that.

I’ve posted this before and it’s pretty true.

“Even if they fix that”.

Ideally, if they “fix” hide and rez, it won’t be as effective anymore. Meaning that you won’t win as much with it, making Tempo Rez much more useful.

Why would people still do Hide and Rez if it is less likely to work than just staying in the fight?

Add a cast time. If the whole enemy team is dead, should be easy to stun Mercy. And that makes Tempo Rez better as your team can help protect you while casting.

You’d lose less SR.

You seeing top tier players hiding does not make the win rate of the strategy any higher.

The only way you’re going to do this is by expending ultimates yourself.

Any competent team can walk through a 6v5 without a main healer without expending ultimates.

Wait a minute, isn’t that what Mercy is since she was reworked? Why people are complaining about her saying that she is bad design and that valk makes her too easy and good for every comp and situation while rez makes her too powerful, claiming for a rework or a revert to a point where she was at least balanceable? I don’t get your logic.

1 Like

No, in all ranks during season 3, Mercy was a troll-pick. This was during the triple-tank meta, remember?

And guess who had the highest overall pickrate despite being of troll-pick status? Mercy.

1 Like

So just remove rez; mobility + dmg boost + easy, consistent healing should be more than enough

a 5 man rez wasn’t a garanteed win tho.

Or we can rework/revert her rather than giving her even more sledgehammer nerfs.

I’m sorry, did I say anything about Zenyatta? No? Stop making assumptions. Discord orb is borderline broken, but it’s fine because he pays the price with a lack of movement options and low healing.
Mercy has two of the best abilities in the game, one of the best mobility options and a self heal passive, but she only pays for it by not being able to use her gun while healing. Zenyatta pays for his near busted ability in full, Mercy does not.

And a quintuple kill doesn’t guarantee a win either.

It still drastically increases your odds.

LMFAOOOO how biased are you bye

How tf is it broken if there’s something in Zens kit to compensate for it.

Wrong actually. Almost every time I did get a 5 man rez it would be countered by zarya or rein or even McCree ult so… maybe stop being ignorant?

A revert is one of the things that the devs actually mentioned; it’s not gonna happen. We don’t have to rework her; sledgehammer nerf or not, I’m fairly certain she’ll be usable without it or with a replacement ability.

You are not forced to use anything. The enemy team is one main support down, so damage done is done, no heals or just the off support’s. You use just one ult if you want, kill the enemy team, save one ultimate, wait for the angel to come and send her to the heaven with all her fellows with just one click and no counter available. That’s why she wasn’t picked at GMs. They knew how to play around mass rez, and without that, she had no mid game utility.

They mentioned it long ago, and it’s clear at this point that this design is just bad by nature. Valk has been designed for making Mercy extremely easy to play without any weakness. E rez is too powerful and always will. No matter how much you keep trying to balance the unbalanceable, it will never happen. The only solution is to stop wasting everyone’s time and rework or even revert her, at this point it would be easier to balance her than from this nightmare of revert back to all Mercy’s old removed mistakes.