Mercy has had Valkyrie longer than she ever had Res

You have to give Valve credit, however: engine they picked already had good modding potential. They also have guides on how to make modifications for it, and content can be ported between games too.

There is nothing wrong with selling items your community made, if 70% of profits goes to creator and 30% goes to Valve. Works as stimuli for content creators to make good things, so their efforts not only recognized(they receive special version of their item in game), but rewarded in cash.

One of the devs already said they can’t put two versions of the same hero in the game.

What they can do then??

As a Mercy player with well over 1000 hours and still plays her frequently (no longer a one trick).

The Good
Mercy is balanced and the gold standard healer by the numbers.

The Concern
The fun of playing Mercy is on the lower end. It is a complicated thing to really put a finger on even after much discussion, and for that reason I understand it not being addressed.

No one wants another Mercy meta, but there is missing fun about Mercy that was there in Mercy 1.0. Hopefully, it is replaced in some way going forward. Godspeed to Blizzard in figuring it out.

Lucioball
Mei Snowball Offensive
Yeti Hunter (to a degree)

All would like a word. It IS possible for more than one version of the hero at the same time.

I don’t get how hard it has to be to do that in CUSTOM GAMES

4 Likes

Funny thing about this is that those that defend 60 HPS never really say why the nerf is unnecessary, they just say “because”

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

Yeah, so list for me all the heroes that do under 60DPS in the game right now

3 Likes

Blizzard logic: let’s make Mercy players use damage boost more, by nerfing her healing.

Too bad that you can’t damage boost someone, who is being dead, thanks to your healing not being up to the task…

When you heal teammate, it’s you being in control: you know, if they are going to live or not, and if they aren’t, how much time you buying them with current damage. With damage boost, it’s up to teammate, not you, and it’s not something you can reliably predict or control. They can miss their important shot at any moment, leaving them dead and leaving Mercy with mute question “what did I do wrong?”

It surely is “fun” to wonder every time, if it’s you screwing up, or you picked wrong teammate to begin with to give your buffs to.

2 Likes

Ok so what? Many support abilities in the game are reliant on teammates doing the right thing at the right time. That’s the nature of a team game honestly.

Damage boosting is kind of a game of percentages, expected value and context. You know (or learn) from context who to damage boost when, when they’re likely to take damage or die and if they’re capable of maximizing value from the boost. It’s honestly not that hard. I just think a lot of players are inexplicably reluctant to use it.

There are many times when I have to repeatedly ask a Mercy on my team to damage boost me instead because I know I’m not in immediate risk and it’s a waste of healing downtime to not be damage boosting.

1 Like

Wrong, as most of those abilities are used by user themselves. Speed boost, biotic nade, sleep dart, discord…all of those benefit user, allowing to make up for teammate’s not making use of them.

And using damage boost is a gamble, which isn’t something you naturally would want to do. Just like it’s safe to use resurrect behind shield, but it’s even safer to do so from behind a corner. Shield can be destroyed, moved, walked through but corner will always be there.

With healing, it’s simple: someone being healed, you gain ult charge. With damage boost you gain ult charge, or just stand there doing nothing, depending not on your actions, but on whoever is on the other end of damage boost beam.

1 Like

Nonetheless their value is entirely realized by how their teammates use them, not the user.

Using amp it up speed on yourself is kind of a total waste. Discord only becomes one of the best abilities in the game with focus fire. Slept or naded targets often are more than an Ana can handle herself. These abilities are all of way more benefit to the team than to the individual.

Damage boosting is not a gamble, it’s a conscious choice that’s part of Mercy’s kit. Neglecting to use it just makes you a bad Mercy player because you’re not able to optimize her kit and read what is happening around you.

2 Likes

How about it was buffed when the power creep wasn’t a problem? Or when there wasn’t a lot of burst damage let alone burst healing in the game? Even when she was at global 60hps she was still a niche pick up until her rework.

We also don’t know if the 60hps was what kept her at the high pickrates and will not know because when that was reverted back to 50hps, all other healers (sans Brig) were buffed.

5 Likes

It is gamble, as it’s not up to me to decided, if it’s going to be useful or a waste of time. With discord, at least, it will be useful, even if it’s only myself attacking discorded enemy.

On the contrary, healing isn’t gamble, and always beneficial. Worst case scenario you would gain ult charge, and doomed teammate gets a second or two of life time.

Since you can do only one thing at a time, it’s natural to pick one, that can’t go to waste.

Healing isn’t always strictly beneficial. It can be pretty low priority if you already have ult or your 2nd support does not.

Also unless your teammate is throwing, whether they will use the damage boost or not is not a concern at all. Think about it this way, what’s more value? A single Zenyatta firing at a discorded Rein when the entire team is focused on something else? Or a single damage boosted Junkrat charging riptire in seconds but with zero focus fire whatsoever?

The second has more value and is arguably much easier to attain. It requires much more coordination because your whole team has to be on one target to get discord’s full value. It only requires 2 players to get damage boost’s full value.

1 Like

It requires that player to actually hit 100% of their shots, to get damage boost full value.

yeah, and with Junkrat particuarly it’s essentially possible, or possible to get very close to it within a specific window.

Rarely ever saw Junkrat in my games.

Either way, alive teammates are more useful, than dead ones, which healing helps to prevent.

Yeah, and damage boosting kills the opponents faster, lowering the chance that you’ll die to them.

It’s literally nothing more than a quick assessment and honestly, it’s pretty easy to manage. It’s even easier than deciding when to damage or heal with Ana.

1 Like

Between chances(damage boost) and no chances(healing), I would pick no chances.

Not quick assessment either, as players aren’t consistent. So I somehow have to predict, that they would hit this exact shot, and start boosting them, before they actually make it. Even if they successfully missed previous three.

I agree, Mercy’s in a good place.

1 Like