Mercy has had Valkyrie longer than she ever had Res

“Mercy 2.0” has been around exactly 100 days longer than launch Mercy has been (481 to 581 days).

It is time to once and for all put any rework or revert ideas to rest. They will never, ever revert it. Blizzard are done reworking heroes too. I know it might be difficult for the die-hards to accept but at this point, there are probably more players who don’t even know the original Mercy than there are players who do.

Mercy is in a very healthy spot right now. Her win rate and pick rate have steadily ticked up over the past month.

Please, for the love of God, let this one go.

117 Likes

Shes seeing play at all ranks. Shes in a great spot right now, contender for most balanced hero.

62 Likes

All of her numbers are right on the money. Just on paper and by eye test Mercy is perfectly fine right now. I can’t see how that is worth complaining about at all.

And that’s all with no buffs or changes (aside from the way damage boost is applied) in nearly a year now? She is just a meta-dependent hero, that’s all.

5 Likes

How bout she gets a R skill that increase hps for few seconds? Haha

2 Likes

Honestly I think they should put mass Res Mercy and all other previous versions of heroes and abilities in Custom Games. So it’s accessible but not part of the main game.

65 Likes

Technically Mercy has had rez for the longest time… Cause y’know you still have it in Mercy 2.0

3 Likes

This is a forum for Overwatch discussion. There’s no rule, that I’m aware of, to say that one can’t continue suggesting reworks, changes or anything that may change Mercy, even if they are being ignored or disagreed with by the OW team.

Her ‘on fire’ is still screwed up, but at the same time could be argued that it is a reasonably accurate representation of how small Mercy’s own individual potential impact is. She’s great at an enabler, but not much more than that. If you need a hero with more individual potential impact, not just being primarily an enabler pocket, then Ana or Moira are better options. Need I also mention that they said, on multiple occasions, that they felt Mercy was now fine and still continued nerfing.

42 Likes

Mercy had 60 HPS for 2 years before they nerfed it unnecessarily back to 50.

730 days

59 Likes

Thats strange because with 50 she still sees good play at all ranks and in OWL

18 Likes

Lucio is also in the game, played at all ranks, and in OWL

guess that alone makes him a good hero too

7 Likes

Yea. Lucio is one of the best heroes in the game right now - defo not balanced, a lil overpowered. Same with Zen and Dva.

21 Likes

My word! You got all of that data just from the fact that Lucio is in the game, played at all ranks, and is in the OWL?

3 Likes

Yep.

*played in the OWL… very frequently

5 Likes

Are you suggesting he’s not?

12 Likes

So by that merit alone, Mercy is incredibly overpowered, right up there with Zenyatta and D.va

No. Being seen in OWL semi frequently means youre balanced (mercy). Being seen in OWL VERY frequently means your a tad overtuned (zen,dva, lucio)

1 Like

But Mercy is

• also in the game
  • played at all ranks
  • played in the OWL

so we kinda hit all the checkmarks here

very frequently vs semi

4 Likes

Maybe you should read up a little further

1 Like

Bad design can last for years, but it won’t become good.

So this one won’t ever be let go.

40 Likes