Mercy has had Valkyrie longer than she ever had Res

I’m not trying to be rude but that just seems like unreasonably poor play to me quite frankly.

Like as an Ana or Zen or Lucio main some people are more aggressive while others are more passive, but nobody neglects one part of their kit because they deem it to be a gamble they can’t make.

People don’t just opt to not use speed boost or offensive nades or discord orb because it’s less safe than healing

2 Likes

Well, since my teammates don’t spend much time above 50% health, opportunities to damage boost them are fairly limited. Takes 2 seconds to heal them there, but only one shot to drop them back below 50%.

In that case you have impressively incompetent teammates. If your teammates spent most of their time at or below half health, you’d be losing way more fights than you’re winning. Avoiding damage and using cover is still a skill in this game

2 Likes

I win most of the fights by discarding most of the teammates as lost cause, and sticking to one teammate on Pharah, who is competent at dodging. Bad teamwork? For sure. Does it work? Well, even with me not playing beyond placements and skipping one round(automatic loss) it was 89% winrate.

Average time teammate benefits from damage boost is about 2-3 seconds, before enemies switch their attention to them. Then they either have to disengage to be healed, or get killed.

Just leave Mercy how she is. They can’t put the old version in :confused:

1 Like

The statement above sounds (to me) like a support who doesn’t actually support their team

Rule #1: don’t support someone, who wants to die. You will simply die together.

1 Like

still sounds (to me) like a support not actually offering her team any support

given the lack of said support, it is unsurprising (to me) that teammates die more often with such a Mercy on their team than what other folks with a Mercy who supports her team seem to experience

They will die anyway, only question is if I will join them. If there is Reinhardt charging in, he is doomed moment he decided to charge.

Can heal/boost only one teammate at a time, and one better be worth it.

Our experience differs

In my experience as a Mercy, I am not guaranteed teammates who - always - in every single match - run to get themselves killed, nor do I take it as presumed that this will occur in each match and ergo withhold support form my teammates

In my matches as Mercy, I find that my teammates survive better if they are actually supported…you know…by a support character

In my experience, it always happens. Teammates always overestimate their ability to handle situations, and watching them die with my beam on them gets boring really fast.

Rare few tend to hang back and spam area, before proceeded, and stay alive. But rest pretend to be Leeroy Jenkins.

Agreed, I do miss armor packs though

Win and pickrate dont matter much.
If the game or character isnt FUN its a failure.

3 Likes

I didn’t start playing Mercy regularly until she got her rework. The main issue i have with her right now is her low hps. It just feels too slow when i heal tanks.

2 Likes

It is odd that this always happens to one player, and yet, others dont seem to report this always (keyword always) happening to them

Given that this is stated to always be the case, and ergo one’s game is always boring, I find it odd that a player would continue playing (and complaining about) a game they find to always be boring, especially with many other games to choose from out there

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am going to have to politely decline. I will much rather continue fighting for what I believe in, and fully intend on doing so.

We should be mindful that they say many things, but it doesn’t mean that such things are set in stone:

• They said that Deathmatch won’t happen. Later on, we were given deathmatch.
  • They also said that “there are no plans to revert Mercy.” Months later, she’s had multiple reverts of her kit, from voicelines, to her main healing, and then further with her Valkyrie healing.
  • They’ve said that they’re not going to do role-queue, and now, we have statements from them re-considering it.
  • We have statements of the devs saying that they believe Mercy doesn’t need changes, and then later on, there are statements from them saying how they are thinking about other ways to make her feel better to play.

The facts remain, they change their stance on the game all the time. Regardless, I will continue to voice my thoughts about her current state, the injustices done to her, and the ignoring of many Mercy player’s thousands of complaints that have still were left without resolution, and I will continue to voice my opinions. As I and anyone else asking for a revert, has every right to do so, regardless of your opinions on them.

I believe that mass res will most definitely make a return in some shape or form, be it a revert, a rework, or via minor tweaks, and a length of time between a rework and her original state is not going to convince me otherwise… But hey! Those are my thoughts, and I respect yours. We’re going to have to just agree to disagree on that. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

4 Likes

I can say without blushing that:

1. I know of no valid evidence to support a claim that Mercy players have been ignored

and

1. I know of plenty of valid evidence that Mercy players are currently (and have been) getting attention

While i think that Mercy is fine now, there are characters like Doom and Brig who are long overdue to a class-changing rework.

AFAIK Blizzard only makes a pause with the reworks.

Maybe its an effect of the megathread. No dev post on that while other characters like PTR Brig or rebalanced Sombra would have got an other megathread for the amount of spam the forums had that time.

1 Like

A reply would indeed equate to a specific instance of attention, but no reply does not equate to no attention

One can listen without replying

2 Likes