Mercy does not require the same game sense as everyone else

Whenever the opportunity arises, many people keep forgetting that leading an hand with Mercy’s blaster is far better than damage boosting in most case of scenarios.

2 Likes

If you’re poking and your entire team is safe, sure, but not in actual fights unless you have to. The weapon swap animation delays her healing, while her damage boost is instant. In most case scenarios the safer option is to not pull out your pistol in case a teammate takes damage because then you could fall behind on healing. Zen and Lucio however have no opportunity cost for firing their weapons so they get a lot more use out of it.

1 Like

It just depends, because if both of you can quickly drop the enemy, once done you can quickly heal and be on your way. It just depends honestly.

Nah, you want me to exaggerate and so you can paint it as “hyperbole” to dismiss a point. I didn’t make these posts and experience btw.

Ah here we go reddit search:

dear_people_who_hate_mercy_she_got_nerfed_so

Mercy griefing is getting out of hand

the_mercy_shaming_is_still_strong_feat_hypocrisy/

i_played_first_game_after_moth_nerfs_with_my

I’ll fill" does not mean “I’ll Mercy”

Nor did you read them all. So don’t lie. I do agree that Mercy is #1 target to kill the most which takes more game sense to recover or do their job. It’s more taxing with excessive nerfs and cool down that make her a sitting duck to be killed more than any other support. I also said previously “check youtube or twitch just about anybody playing Mercy for an hour” people do excessive yell for rez in general. That’s fact. You want to keep attacking caricature/strawman that’s all on you.

lol try ana/zen,. they require far more gamesense than mercy, their kit is more complex, decisions too (espcecially ana), they don’t shift around neither they got skill to visit the skybox

5 Likes

True, cleanup Mercy is a lot of fun when it does happen. Honestly, I think I’m better at aiming with Mercy than any other character… Which is kind of sad, haha.

1 Like

it’s not sad at all, I won plenty of FFA matches with Mercy. It is simply the best.

You want a medal? Seriously you are not entitled because you play a healer i play mercy not often but when i do i do not cry for protection i just try not to die and always look for that teammate to shift to to avoid harm. If you shift correctly it is actually easier than zen/ana to survive.

The examples seem rational well thought out responses with high votes, but apparently its “exaggerations” or “stupid” by others. But Ritzyuk/SirShaggy keeps shooting the messenger :

Ctrain10Reinhardt 158 points 1 month ago

“There was match Seagull put on YouTube where he played against XQC on Kings Row as Mei. At the end of the match in which XQC LOST, he said in chat, “See you plat after the next patch Mercy”. Seagull, trying to save face as a member of the Fuel, told him to (censored). I don’t understand the hate for people who play Mercy; like it is not their fault Mercy was OP. Hate on Blizzard for taking so long to nerf her, but don’t hate the players.”

TwinSnakes89Sombra 20 points 1 month ago

"Mercy mains didn’t decide to make her OP thats on Blizzard. Most of the people who have rose in the ranks are probably the same people who demanded her on every game they had and won.

"NaquImaFine I yeild. I’ll Flex for Att just stop going 5 DPS 63 points 1 month ago

(Play mercy)Or they throw, which is kinda a lose lose for everyone. You’re just held captive by the least mentally stable person in the team and its unfortunate that it has to be like this…

There should be a vote system. In League you can vote with your team to surrender within the opening minutes and no one losses ladder points (iirc). We should have this too.
"

CyberpunkPieI fap to Sombra daily 8 points 1 month ago

People who harass and annoy Mercy mains are those who pester the most for heals. Like… are you literally harassing me because I play a hero that you know you need?

Some people need a brain check.

Are you done being melodramatic and attacking a caricature/strawman? Getting easily offended by the mundane constructive post with proof doesn’t refute a point. It just deflects it. When those type of comments are biggest exaggeration of your life or get triggered because a Mercy player confirm they get frequently yelled out for Res. Then you probably lack the clarity or critical thinking to be objective and hear both side. You dislike exaggeration but pompously do the same when faced with examples or facts that debunk your views, and miss the point of the entire thread. That Mercy does not require the same game sense as everybody else.

1 Like

:joy: She requires a hell of a lot less than Zen or Ana. Though the truly easy Support is Moira, she’s literally the best beginner healer now IMO.

1 Like

Ana and Zen may have less mobility than Mercy, but they have a much higher chance of fighting back than Mercy, saying they are the same is just dishonest.

1 Like

Exactly, I said they were harder, not nearly the same lol.

Agreed. Mercy requires constant awareness.

Some people just suck at that

2 Likes

lol that is what I say about Lucio. Relaxing.

completely agree with your post, if i whole hog a mercy then it was a great whole hog

If you had a job that’s normally manned by two people. You had to solo fill in the workload of two, that substantial require the amount effort, experience, self awareness to pull that off. Mercy more commonly trained and placed in that position than any other support. Even OWL game announcer says this play is greedy on part of more dps or tank and stresses a Mercy vs going two heals to spread the responsibility. Yes in reality it does create more stress and require more game sense when you force a Mercy to carry harder. But apparently in your opinion it is “ridiculous” and “untrue.”

I disagree. I play Mercy, Ana and Moira very differently because their kits have nothing in common. Mercy is very mobile with a team that knows how to position, so my job then is to make sure everyone is doing fine, boosting players that are really excelling, and keep tabs on what the enemy is doing and calling it out. Ana demands so much focus that it becomes a lot harder to keep tabs on the enemy, so often I will just have to let that go and hope someone else can help share that burden. Ana is all about slower strategic positioning, maintaining LoS without exposing yourself too much and balancing your cooldowns (since they are very long).

Does this mean that Mercy is harder? I would say I actually feel less hunted nowadays than before her rework, mostly because people know that once two people are dead Mercy can at most negate one, and if they move forward she won’t be able to rez without significant risks. All in all, with how much is stacked against Ana, she’s more difficult to play (not just mechanically) because the room for error is freakishly small.

2 Likes

That’s stupid. Zen is a more important target than Mercy and unlike her he doesn’t have a certain escape ability.

4 Likes

I didn’t click on anything. I spoke generally. Seems like i touched a nerve

Ok you’ve misunderstood something greatly. Your job as a support isn’t only to heal. And when I said “play any other hero” I did not mean supports. I meant litterally any other hero. Because every hero need to be aware at all times. And if you think solo heal Lucio is bad I think it’s safe to say you actually haven’t tried out other heroes besides Mercy.

You litterally just said people never group up. That’s why it’s called game sense. Game sense doesn’t mean you get the ideal scenario every time. It means to make the correct decisions when you’ve been dealt a poor hand. Your idea of game sense is just black and white. That isn’t game sense. That is game knowledge.

1 Like

Every other healer is target number one as well. That’s kinda the point of playing a support.

1 Like