Mercy cooldown reset when dying

They do. I tested it. All 10 second + abilities reset upon death. Baptistes field resets upon death. do you see him drop it to stop ults, die and have it reset to immediately drop it down again on 2cp maps? I personally do not.

4 Likes

You’re really grasping at straws to try and defend your point.

There’s not even anything to argue here: Resurrect is a dangerous ability to use when you use it in an obvious pattern. It won’t even benefit Mercy that much if resurrect’s cooldown resets upon death: but here’s why it should.

Mercy’s cooldown will start if she dies or gets stunned while rezzing.
When she’s back alive, she will have a 20 seconds cooldown still on an ability she didn’t even use before dying.

Resurrect has the most restricted usage in the game and even the cooldown is heavily restricted: even starting without the benefits of the ability

It’s not even an ultimate or ultimate-worthy. She’s bringing back someone after standing still, not healing for 2 seconds but even then it might not work.

Would it be so unfair that resurrect’s cooldown could possibly reset upon death like every other ability in this game? I don’t think so.

EDIT: This feature even forces me to switch off Mercy & pick her again in spawn after dying if my ultimate isn’t too charged, just to get it back. That shouldn’t be necessary.

Ah coldown, my favorite character in Overwatch.

Edit: Aw you changed it

1 Like

No. The longer cooldowns like TP and immortality field get a reset too. Only rez and Sym turrets don’t get that.

Hahaha duuude. I just saw it before your post. Your timing is amazing.

2 Likes

Doomfist’s shields and Lucio’s shields also don’t provide ultimate charge.
It’s almost as if temporary shielding was not providing ult charge to enemies consistently.

I know right? I’m also very impressed with that discovery.
Sym turrets also don’t reset on death and they should.

2 Likes

It’s not the only one, there’s actually no ability that resets on death.
Baptiste’s immortality field doesn’t “reset” either because it’s cooldown is longer than the death timer.

No ability resets on death, it’s just that 99% of the abilities have a cooldown of 10 seconds or less

Yeah dude , let’s say bullshlt

It has been tested. Every ability that has a longer cooldown than the respawn timer gets a reset upon death except rez and symmetra’s turrets.
You can try yourself.

1 Like

because that means she could rez a person every let’s say 15s (time it takes her to respawn + time to get to corpse that is close by etc.) instead of 30s. i think baptiste’s field shouldn’t reset either but that’s less severe imo.

Cooldowns don’t reset when dying. They are still there, just respawning timer is enough to reset most hero cooldowns.

I don’t need to, saw Rascall yesterday on Baptiste during HAngzhou Spark vs SF Shock dying just after using IF and coming back with it on cooldown.

You can watch that if you want, or of course show the testing if you’re that certain.

That is kinda weird. I play Baptiste a lot myself and I respawn with no cooldown every time. Even if I died right after using IF.
I wouldn’t complain on the forums if I wasn’t certain. I would ask instead. But it has been already tested and confirmed by other players here.

Either you don’t remember correctly (which I don’t think is the case tbh) or that’s actually a bug and IF shouldn’t reset either (which would make sense since rez and IF are the most comparable abilities refering to this topic).

1 Like

No cooldowns reset when dying, they are simply short enough to have them upon respawning.

There is more that enough counter play for res currently, with the new knockback mechnics a lucio or phara jus has to look in the mercy’s general direction and she goes flying accross the screen, res fails and you have to wait 30 sec before you can use an ability again. I’m sorry but res has become why to clunky.

The reason for this is because of point B defences on 2CP, and point C defences on payload and hybrid maps.

Team fights were often over very quickly and your resurrect wouldn’t be up and ready by the next engagement. So Mercys would walk off the map, or walk into their spawn, switch hero and then switch back to reset their resurrect cooldown.

It was extremely broken.

Is it not more like that no any cooldown get reset but that Mercy rezz is just longer than respawn time??

If they even think about Buffing Rez they got a bunch of crying children up their front calling “MERCY IS OP I CAN’T KILL ANYTHING BECAUSE OF IT”
Mercy isn’t allowed to be on par with other healers
 she has to be terrible in comparison because she was top meta for a while

2 Likes

Symm doesn’t have cd reset

1 Like

Considering that only way to make her meta was to make her brokenly OP in the first place, question remains until today: why attempt to make hero meta, if no one wants it to happen, not even players playing that hero?

Yikes. Where is that Mercy cause I haven’t seen her in a few seasons.

1 Like