Mercy cooldown reset when dying

Why is this not a thing although every other hero gets their cooldown reset when they die.
I know rez is powerful and on 2CP maps she could constantly rez when coming back. But only 1 person after not being able to heal (due to respawn) for like 8 seconds.

Or

Keep the cooldown for every hero after dying.

11 Likes

yeah dude let’s give an unnecessary buff to an already very well performing hero! :smiley:

23 Likes

Because they have fear to make Mercy consistent with other characters

5 Likes

I can see why it is the way it is, although for consistency I guess this should apply to all characters (how many abilities have +10 second CD though?).

4 Likes

It is less of a buff and more of a bug fix, if you ask me.

11 Likes

They changed her damage boost because “consistency” and “logic” so they should stick to consistency and logic and reset her cooldowns when she dies just like everybody else has.

34 Likes

it’s literally intentional… because being able to res every time you die would be insanely broken…

16 Likes

I don’t think it would be seen as a very benefiting strategy to kill yourself to get a faster rez when you can just try to prevent your team from dying by healing them.

25 Likes

How on earth would you even pull that off on 2CP maps. None of them have cliffs there unless you go and feed the enemy kills and ult charge along with it.

The fact that you want this change to be made is because you think it would make her better, so therefore, yes, it would be a beneficial strategy in certain circumstances. If this change would never benefit Mercy in any circumstance then there would be no point in asking for it, and since Mercy is currently performing perfectly fine, there is no need to make such a change.

Again they changed her damage boost despite NOBODY asking for this just weeks ago when she was still “performing perfectly fine” because of consistency even though again, nobody asked for it. Show us that consistency again blizz, reset her cooldowns like you do with all other heroes.

6 Likes

How would it be good, when would you decide to kill yourself to rez someone when you have no idea how long it will be before you can pull off another rez.

This would not be some crazy game changing buff, but it wouldn’t be completely useless.
If anything this would be a small QOL buff if she is the last to die while trying to rez and is able to regroup with her team with her abilitys ready.

Defense advantage on 2CP B caps and payload C caps would lead to kamikaze Mercies trading their 200 HP lives for 600 HP tank resurrects over and over. Significantly improved stall capacity, especially if other heroes can start showing up and reinforcing.

You can say “But I won’t do that!”, but that won’t stop people (who aren’t you) from doing it.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to do this as Baptiste. He could save multiple people and his IF already gets refreshed.

5 Likes

so let’s remove baby D.Va and make it so D.Va dies instantly after her mech dies, and let’s give Tracer 200HP because no other hero has 150HP and therefore it’s inconsistent. And let’s make hammond’s barrier health feed enemy ultimates because it’s so inconsistent that it doesn’t already.

:thinking:

Not the same thing. Death resets all abilities. Do tanks have the same hp as dps? They started this when they nerfed Grav Draggon by nerfing mercy and recently with damage boost. I am just asking them to follow the rules and precedent they themselves set.

11 Likes

No in 2 cp she might rez tank then die after, she respawn and her tank die again them she revive him again.
Encourage stalemate in defense.

HOW will she do this on any 2CP map that doesn’t involve feeding the enemy ult charge by standing in front of them and letting her die?

1 Like

“No other hero gains shields when they use their abilities to interact with enemies, so therefore Doomfist should not have that ability because it is inconsistent with the rest of the roster.”

“No other hero has their cooldown reset on elimination so we should remove that function from Genji.”

And no, they did not nerf Mercy to prevent gravdragon; they nerfed Hanzo’s ultimate by not making it damage-boostable by ANY damage modifier. It cannot be boosted by a nano or an orisa ult, so how exactly is that a nerf to Mercy? That is a nerf to Hanzo (and a very warranted one at that - gravdragon was completely overpowered.)

Are you not aware that passive abilities are a thing? You know like if you click character description passive abilities are listed right next to the active ones? Did you even finish the games tutorial before posting here?

7 Likes