MERCY Bugs have not been addressed for a Year! A lot of them are game breaking

I’ve been looking through what I can but frick it all, finding things through 2 years ago is hard.

This is a thread from the old forums and there is somebody commenting that Super Jump was patched out, but is now added in again.

And this video with the description of:

“As of patch 1.16.0.2.40990 Mercy vertical boost from PTR is back live.”

I’m still trying to find more about this to just show that:

YES! THE DEVS KNOW! THE dEVS PATCHED IT OUT! THE DEVS PUT IT BACK IN!

Shut up and instead of going on a tirade of a bug that the devs KNOW about and have been fussing with focus on the bugs that make it so she CAN’T UTILIZE HER ENTIRE KIT!

“4. VALK DOES NOT CHAIN HEAL/BOOST THROUGH ENEMY BARRIERS”

EDIT: In a Mercy SuperJump Thread on the old forums there was a link to Goodman talking about Mercy’s momentum bugs. However the link takes you to a 404 error page. Using the Wayback Machine I was able to pull this up:

(Overwatch Forums This is the thread.

This is the now 404’d link: Overwatch Forums)

Geoff GoodmanPrincipal Designer143 posts

5 hours ago

Let me give some extra context for these changes.

First off, these changes will not be included with the other changes on the PTR, which will be coming out with the Halloween update. These Mercy changes are purely something that we’re experimenting with, and there will likely be more changes coming to try out.

There was a bug where Mercy’s Guardian Angel momentum wasn’t slowed correctly sometimes when canceled. This was intensely frustrating for most Mercy players, but some players enjoyed trying to use this bug to gain extra mobility. This bug is important to fix so it doesn’t feel like Mercy randomly gets out of your control, but we’re looking seeing if there is a way to include some of what people enjoyed about this bug as new functionality for her.

To reiterate: These changes aren’t hitting live any time soon. These are just things we want to try out for now, and they are likely to change.

1 Like

Absolutely she needs it. Mercy is nerfed enough as is. If anything offer a trade like increase HPS for superjump. Otherwise stop taking away from hero’s; it’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

Careful, fixing a bug might cause them to nerf her.

Also Blizz doesn’t know how to fix bugs really. I still get randomly launched out D.va’s mech into the stratosphere only to fall to my death.

Also sometimes still get a black screen for a second after getting kicked out of D.va’s mech.

These bugs have been in the game since launch. Blizz hasn’t even acknowledged them after countless post and videos showing them.

Not many bugs of her would actually cause a nerf. Most of them would be Quality of life improvements

Thought I’d update this post with a recent Mercy bug fix:

Mercy

• Fixed a bug where Mercy could sometimes mispredict being able to Guardian Angel to a teammate who had died behind a wall.
3 Likes

Wait, they finally fixed this? At this point I thought it would last forever… :laughing:

1 Like

don’t worry. This is blizzard we’re speaking.

Any beneficial bug will remain for her as a FEATURE, and any unwanted bug will be fixed.

If it was another hero however, INSTANT FIX if it’s a positive. We’ll look at it in another 2 or 3 years, if it’s a negative.

1 bug at a time? I fully support that! Glad that this topic managed to bring the attention of Devs, when nothing could for a very long time!

1 Like

Slowly but surely I suppose :crazy_face:

Last bug fix she ever had was about a year ago ¯_(ツ)_/¯

She does need it, specially on console with pharmercy still reigning supreme.

I was about to do the same thing before you beat me to it, wanted to give them props where credit was due for finally helping with this one.

1 Like

I do hope they finally fix the resurrect bugs

See you in a year I guess. :wink:

Who knows, maybe I won’t fly straight into enemies because of my bugged GA by then!