Mercy bets, on next patch

The point is that barriers can have their IFF (identify friend or for) systems messed with a bit.

Furthermore, if you wanna go from a technical standpoint.

In reality, shooting your teammate, or shooting your enemy would be a complicated IFF process.

So each individual dart would need an IFF system onboard that flips just before impact.

So clearly with this system, it’s flipping to “heal teammate” just before impacting an enemy shield.

Or maybe it would be a jacketed bullet with the dart encased inside of it, that disperses like reactive armor.

Either way, it’s reasonable that something complicated like this could get through a selectively permeable barrier that can get confused by having enemies walk through it.

A mass res with a 3 person limit only when in Valk must require LoS and the cast time remove E completely or make something else like a defensive move. I just think they messed with my Mercy enough

The nerf kinda sucks but there is still no alternative so support players wanting to win will still have to play Mercy.

I mean, I could go Mercy, Ana or Moira…

So Mercy it is.

Have to realize, though, that the people who would take Mercy’s place (Moira or Ana) would just equally be screwed by said changes.

And that’s the catch 22 of this whole “Nerf/Counter Mercy” fiasco. Sure, you can screw Mercy over as much as you like, but unless you actually make the other healers good enough to replace her, she’ll still be the undeniable best of the bunch, and have an excessive pickrate because of it.

This isn’t strictly a Mercy issue, yet people seem to constantly fail to see the bigger picture. At this rate, we’ll just end up with 0 viable main healers instead of 3.

1 Like

Not really.

300 dps dragon
300 hps trans
130 firestrike

You’d be missing 70 damage

That said, Coalesence might do the trick

No Hanzo dragon dmg boost doesn’t take away the fact she’s still the most mobile and consistent healer
tbh

She will always be a must pick. She is the only healer who does nothing but heal and support. Even though she has a pistol its nearly never used. ALL of her abilities are rendered useless without a teammate. She is consistent with healing because that is all she does (besides rez and damage boost). At the same time, she is restricted by her 60 hps and single target healing, as well as a range restriction (which Ana does not have. Even GA doesnt have infinite range). Ana heals in one shot what Mercy does in a second. Plus she has a burst heal which Mercy does not have outside her ultimate. The other “main” healer, Moira heals at 80 per second for potentially multiple targets, in addition to her orb which heals at 75 per second. Yes these are harder healers to use but the reward is ultimately more healing as well as being able to peel for themselves. Mercy will likely always be a must pick as a healer because of the simplicity in design. You sacrifice less healing for that and most players agree that is a choice worth making. There was a time where Mercy was the most powerful healer but people preferred Lucio and Zenyatta over her.

Mercy is also the only dedicated healer who needs to be babysat by her team, hence why she needs mobility.

I’m sorry but I don’t get it. Are you trying to counter argue?
Because she still
Is the most consistent healer in the game and can respond to her team quicker than other main healers.

It’s not going to because damage boost still enables the double snipe meta with standard kills and she’s got the ability to erase single picks. Which is the one thing snipers do.

She is easy to play (and hard to master but that’s not the point). People will still use her.

Agreed ,nerfing mercy alone isn’t the way to do it ,it’s nerfing mercy AND buffing the other healers.

Dev team have stated that they don’t want people ulting for Resurrect. That’s what was happening when Resurrect gave a bonus charge and Mercy players would just save up the Resurrect for two burst instant Resurrects.

What we need is another rework that will permanently put Resurrect in an ultimate spot ON IT’S OWN. With an ability that won’t be influenced when her ultimate Resurrect is activated. We need to shift away from this transformation ultimate. What it’s doing is making Mercy have no weaknesses.

1 Like

Her Rez is the only thing a Support can do when their allies are being hit by a Hanzo, since his burst arrows, especially his storm arrows, outdamages all healing besides Transcendence.

It’s not that Mercy’s OP, or that she synergizes particularly well with him. It’s that she’s the only support who can really do anything to help her team against him. So long as Hanzo remains dominant with his Storm Arrows, and Rez remains an E ability, Mercy will be the most picked support.

Maybe if you they nerf Hanzo’s SA and revert Mercy back to MultiRez as Ult we wouldn’t have this problem situation anymore.

More like a Revert than another failure of a Rework.

1 Like

Zero. That nerf is nerf to grav dragon combo thus won’t affect mercy’s pickrate at all.

I’d be okay with a revert so long as it didn’t give her invulnerability during and after casting, along with a long cast time to prevent hide and seek minigames with mercy.

As an Ana main, I am slightly insulted. However, I do agree that Mercy is fine and does not need a nerf, it’s the other two main healers, mainly Ana, that need buffs.

Dunno, thought that with the introduction of Brigitte, healing in general might be too strong.

Buffing the heals on Moira/Ana another 50% would make for a lot of stalemate gameplay.

1 Like

Never have I ever only picked Mercy because she could damage boost Dragonstrike.
Never have I ever told someone to go Mercy because we absolutely needed that damage boost (Ana nade works fine)

I HAVE, however, asked someone to go honzo.
… for dragonstrike grav.

So I bet all of the imaginary tokens that it changes nothing for Mercy.

Because she’s not the issue lol.