Mercy, all I want is 60hp/s at this point

I don’t care if valk and rez ability are on a 10 minute cooldown. Give mercy 60hp/s base healing back.

Mercy should not be being outhealed by Ana and Moira, the character feels weak.
I was actually exited to start playing again when I saw the 50->60, what a disappointment.
All this is, is a partial revert that still has her pegged below her last pre-nerfed state.

Please just revert to 60hp/s base and add 10s to the E ability or equivalent.

7 Likes

You realise this change will most likely tip Mercy over into the most healing output again.

If we account for Moira and Mercy’s self healing, they are actually a fair bit closer in raw healing than most players think.

2 Likes

Except that Mercy cannot save anyone with her output. Of course, she can pad her stats as she tries to and topping everyone up while self-healing like crazy, but that doesn’t really mean anything when she can’t save someone or restore a tank’s health quickly. She needs more than 10 seconds to fully heal tanks, while Ana takes half of her clip and 6.5 seconds to do so on Hammond and D.Va while not even using Biotic Grenade, and healmaster Moira can fully heal a tank in potential 4 seconds.

There’s a reason why Ana has a lower average healing output than Lúcio even at Grandmaster, but is considered the best healer in the game. In the end, burst healing is much better for saving people and bailing them out.

6 Likes

yup 60 main hps

1 Like

Their average healing is on par with each other. Just saying.

2 Likes

Why not? Mercy have the best healing method in the game because you can heal tru barriers/corners and with 0 aim required, you can assist a friendly target every 1.5 seconds with momentum or just flying around with Valk.

Moira and Ana have 0 mobility they cannot follow people around (specially Moira ) and all their kits like healing orb / grenade can be blocked by shields/DM and so on, a single Winston bubble on Ana face makes her useless until she gets out or the bubble breaks.

Mercy is supposed to have the best healing output out of every support hero.

Here’s a 2016 quote of Blizzard from a patch log:

Developer Comments: Resurrection now allows teammates to jump back into the fight more quickly, which should help Mercy survive after activating her ultimate. Mercy’s healing is also getting a boost to solidify her role as a strong, single-target healer.

Here’s a more recent quote from Blizzard:

Mercy is intended to be able to consistently pump out more healing than any other healer over the course of a match. While this is currently true, the difference in healing is so significant that it makes it very difficult for other healers to compete with her for a spot on a team. Reducing her healing output will close this gap a little, but she will still maintain her status as the go-to pick for raw healing power. We’ll keep an eye on her to make sure she is still a strong pick.

And here’s what they said in the patch where they nerfed Mercy’s healing output four months ago:

Even after this change she will still be able to deliver more healing over the course of a match than any other support hero.

4 Likes

Ana shouldn’t be outhealing Mercy becaue by blizzard’s own stance on this according to that support patch notes Mercy should be the go to for raw healing, Ana has the advantage of Burst healing which can have the valu of more healing in the short term obviously and utility that competes with Off healers like Zen and Lucio.

Only time Ana ever outhealed Mercy was during the Tank meta where Ana really was OP

1 Like

This is why people do not take most Mercy mains seriously.

2 Likes

Which she already does, you are not counting the times when Ana needs to reload or fails her shots because X

Moira runs out of healing pretty quick and her orbs usually are 100% nullify by DM. Main reason why Moira is the worst support on GM.

> Consistently

No CD managament
No blocked by Shields/DM etc
No interrupted unless you stop holding m1.

Your people just want to hold m1 and expect to be the best against characters who needs to aim/ manage their CD properly / Avoid shields and DM with 0 mobility?. Sorry but that just stupid.

8 Likes

No you don’t need to add 10s to her E ability or anything. Reverting her back to 60HPS would put her in a very healthy and balanced spot without any other changes to her kit. She was simply strong before because she had the highest synergy out of all the heroes in the game with Hanzo+Zarya+Zen meta so there was no reason to pick Ana or Moira over her. There was nothing overtuned in her kit at that time. If they would’ve just taken her ultimate projectile damage boost without any other changes she would’ve been fine.

In other words there’s no other reason to not revert her back to 60HPS except the stubbornness of the developers to not revert changes.

4 Likes

Moira’s average healing is higher than that of Mercy. The same goes for Ana in some circumstances, and Ana has far better burst healing than Mercy does, especially with the buff to Nano Boost earlier this year.

You can’t have the easiest to play healer, have the most healing in the game…

1 Like

I don’t think Mercy really did that back when she had 60HPS.

Sure it takes upto 12 seconds to heal D.va or Hammond but it took upto 10 before. Not an amazing improvement…

Burst healing is much better at saving people but Mercy is the only character able to save someone after death, her resurrect is never added to her healing stat but I’d argue it’s basically the biggest burst heal in the game.

Clearly mercy needs this buff but I don’t think she was exactly burst saving people back with 60 hps, they just hide while she healed them and she did it slightly faster than now.

We also had the meta shift away toward these more brawl heavy comps and I think even at 60hps you wouldn’t really want to bring Mercy over Ana to those fights.

You can when that healer is a single-target healer with next to no offensive capabilities.

2 Likes

Except for her gun, damage boost, valk, and self heal.

I think people are saying that because when someone asks for 60HPS they get angry and say they don’t want Mercy a must pick again. Completely obvlivious to the fact that Ana was buffed, and will not be treathened that easily.

Even if it’s at least 55hps. We just want to be able to heal, not fly and see people die.

3 Likes

This is not true by the way. It was true back before Moira was released, but after that Moira is designed to have the highest healing output out of all the supports as her kit consists only healing and damage where as Mercy’s kit offers her high mobility and the added value of resurrection.

This is true though. Ana should never come close to the healing output of a Mercy yet it happens constantly as Mercy’s so weak currently :confused:

1 Like

Her healing was already not great before, it took ages to heal a tank still, but she could heal squishies much quicker and much more reliable, and could take a tank with mid health to high health in reasonable quick 5 seconds. Plus, with Valkyrie she was able to effectively pocket the entire team and make them extremely difficult to take down. (Which is getting restored now.)

If Mercy is using the Caduceus Blaster, it means that she isn’t healing or damage-boosting. Her blaster is just a last-resort weapon. If she’s being jumped on, she will likely die without her team’s protection, unlike the other support heroes, who are more independent.

Damage-boosting isn’t the same as dealing damage yourself. Mercy can’t use damage boost to solo-kill enemies or defend herself against flankers.

Valkyrie lets her fly, but it doesn’t exactly do damage. She can get close and use her blaster, but again, she’s not healing or damage-boosting, and it’s risky flying so low and so close to the enemy.

Mercy’s passive, Regeneration, is Mercy’s way to stay alive. It’s a survivability passive. It only takes effect after Mercy has been out of combat after one second (i.e., not dealing or taking any damage for one second), meaning that it’s useless in a fight.

Moira, Zenyatta, and Brigitte are damage hero hybrids. All three can heal while dealing damage at the same time.

Lúcio can heal while doing everything else, like shooting at enemies, and he can heal multiple enemies at once.

Ana can heal multiple enemies at once with her Biotic Grenade and has three different ways of healing (Biotic Rifle, Biotic Grenade, and Nano Boost). She has extremely high burst healing capabilities, while Mercy has no burst healing.

I’m not saying that Mercy needs high-burst healing, but her healing needs to be increased back to 60 health per second (or, at the very least, 55).

4 Likes