Plz give Mercy her own category

I’m referring to today and yesterday. As of now, since yesterday, the posts have been pretty even.

It’s not really spam when you take a look at CoC. Spam refers to the same person making the same topic over and over again. Also, these threads often almost always have different contents in them, making them not spam. Why don’t you link some of them? :blush:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
1 Like

honestly. i could barely see anything regarding those heroes on the general discussion forums so i moved to the PTR feedback but even that is starting to get flooded by mercy players

1 Like

no.
they should keep going since it shows the devs that people are not happy with her current state.

But what can be done to stop it?

Every playerbase of a hero have loud vocal players, but Mercy’s playerbase is the largest playerbase. This means that there are more loud vocal players compared to other playerbases.

The Mercy Feedback isn’t the solution because it keeps getting flagged and locked. The forum moderators already stated in the past that they don’t know how this forum truly works and they can’t find a way to disable the flagging causing the Mercy Feedback thread to keep getting flagged and automatically locked.

A Mercy subforum can’t work because what will stopping them from keep creating new threads in the General Discussion sub forum?

What other options are there?

And having mercy threads everywhere is going to change that ?

If they didn’t do what you demanded back then they wouldn’t start now just because the threads are more visible ,it’s primary purpose was keeping the frontpage clean

It’s true that I can’t tell for sure ,but really who else would have a reason to flag it ?

Yes ,but if you did your thread would just get thrown back in it relatively quickly ,or at least wouldn’t last as long as threads do now.

As if that changes anything ,having a clean frontpage is far better than making people cement their opinions further than they already have, it’s not like they were going to change their mind eitherway

that’s the excuse mercy players use when people bring up the floodings… that’s why i said

im not calling out people nor do i really care about what’s in them. you just asked for some links to the threads ri assume to “confirm” what i said

1 Like

they will never be. they literally gave her a buff and people still flood the forums with complains because it’s not mass rez and it doesn’t bring back her 60hps base healing.

Anyone who dislikes Mercy feedback? Those who just want to silence Mercy mains, thinking that their threads will still get moved into the megathread even when it’s closed? Those are the kinda people that come to mind. :man_shrugging:

But people will still post outside of it. That means it’s a waste of space. And it’s unnecessary work for the mods.

It changed everything. They’ll become even more upset and spam even more which is what you don’t want. :neutral_face:

Tbf, the ‘buff’ is a partial revert while at the same time, a buff.

We had 60hps Valkyrie for months, until they decided to nerf her primary healing, which made it heal 50hps then they buffed Valkyrie to 60hps. Soooo…

:man_shrugging:

tbh i just wish for tags… like write #mercy somewhere and remove all posts with mercy in the title from my forums’ general discussion page. i think she’s fine, i think she’s fun, i think those buffs are nice - and i don’t need to see the same topics flooding the forums when i might be interested in things like symmetra’s or hog’s state.

1 Like

Aw damn, if only people didn’t flag such thread for fun…
So front page again :woman_shrugging:

sooo it’s a buff and not a revert. it would be a revert if they decided the 50hps nerf was too much so they made her base healing to 60hps again. but they didnt they buffed her ult… you can’t say “well they reverted her healing… but like… only in valk form” it doens’t work like that. also people dont mention the ult charge is faster?? like its good…

they reverted her back to a state that was already hated by a big part of her community.

her ult was garbo before it’s ‘buff’.
nothing has or will change.

Which is why I say its a buff, but at the same time kinda of a revert since its back to where we were before the 50hps nerf.

If im not mistaken, the ult charge buff was done because she charges slower due to her primary healing getting a nerf, which made it charge slower. So the buff was to basically make it charge equally before the 50hps nerf so that she charges as fast before she had the healing nerf.

2 Likes

They did. But 99% of it was asking for something similar to mass rez, or removing rez.

And the other 1% was usually poorly publicized, or had generic design issues.

It’s been locked due to flagging multiple times ,if you were right only one flag lock would’ve happened ,people aren’t that stupid

No ,no it’s not ,anyone who’s been around when it was up can see the huge difference it has made ,the only people who were consistently posting outside of it are countable on one hand and there were very few threads ,and even then said threads get moved in an hour at most ,unlike any current mercy thread which can keep getting bumped.

Spam doesn’t matter much when they’re all locked into one place, might see a few threads on the frontpage but nothing nearly as bad as it is now without the thread.

There’s also a solution to the megathread being locked + solves the problem of scrolling and how unfocused a megathread is.

Give mercy her own sub-category

‘‘that’s too extreme’’ ,it’s better than what we have now ,and I think even mercy mains would agree that it would be better and easier to navigate than a megathread.

i wonder if they forgot to change the charge rate or just didn’t care.

It’s not really making excuses if the CoC agree’s with us. Asking for the devs to rewrite the definition of spam means that you’re conceding with me that it isn’t Spam.

1.) Asks for a buff to her base heals (50 to 60)

2.) Mercy main’s aren’t entitled + explanation

3.) Mercy’s “buff” isn’t a buff but rather a partial revert + video

4.) Mercy’s buff contradicts a previous nerf.

None of these are spam. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Isn’t that the definition of… spam? :thinking:

Actually, the system is pretty weird. Basically, if you get mass-flagged once, for some reason, a weird glitch happens where it automatically locks the thread again once it opens.

Again, if you’re still able to post outside of it, using it as a dumpster is pointless because people can post outside of it without fear of prosecution.

Again, Mercy players have the ability to post outside of it therefore, it immediately becomes meaningless and just ends up giving the mods unnecessary work.

If Mercy gets her own subreddit, so does every other hero and again, people will definitely be more upset at this and brigade general discussion even more.

Doubt it. I, as a Mercy player, personally think that this is not necessary at all. Stuff like this almost always happens when a change goes live that people don’t like. Especially when it comes to Mercy.