Mei's Honeydew skin is easily her absolute BEST!

It doesn’t really have to appeal to a specific fetish to be fanservice. The short-shorts, midriff, and bare feet are just over the top enough to be intentional. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I love that skin from the chest up.

Though like, another blue mech…

She may be a 19 year old but she’s made to look like she’s in a high school, a tribute to animes that flat out do sexualize minors.

I don’t see it that way, but I guess if you do that just show what’s on your mind. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thats because they are animes, and have awful consistency problems with them. They are not real, and most things from animes arent real.

Shows what’s common in anime. The same anime she’s paying tribute too, which you can see from the mech. It was literally her original concept before they decided to age her up.

Actually it does. That is the whole point for it to be called that.

1 Like

No, it just has to be purposefully titillating to look at. Doesn’t have to be a particular kink

No. It doesn’t. It’s just called that when it’s sexy for the sole reason of pleasing fans. Stuff outside the characterization, shoehorned in, etc are all fanservice.

1 Like

… can we keep the DVA skin argument out of the Mei skin thread? Yeah/nah? There’s a lot of threads for that already

2 Likes

Japan has some pretty lax laws regarding rl child stuff too. Go compare the punisnment of the guy who made Ruroni Kenshin with the VA from Yakuza.

No ship, Sherlock.

1 Like

Yeah. True. Just answering some questions probably better left unanswered. :woozy_face:

Besides this skin is kinda neat. The gloves look odd but the rest of it is pretty.

MEI’S ICE CREAM SKIN IS EASILY HER ABSOLUTE BEST!

Its Bubbletea Mei :wink:

1 Like

Saw someone call it Mei-d cafe.

I’m … kinda … ih on the gloves but I’ll wait till I see them moving. She has bare hands for the LNY skins so maybe it’s ok. She got some crazy big tendons or something on the back of her hands in that picture.

It’s a very cute idea though. And the melon snowball is all kinds of hilarious.

1 Like

It doesn’t mean that at all. They never go by proportions of how many skins one hero has gotten or anything. Genji has gone over a year without a legendary skin that you don’t have to buy with real money, for example.

1 Like

But yeah. Her getting a skin is not a problem at all. People are just complaining about problems that dont exist

I agree. Mei looks quite cute with this skin.

If we look at every post-release legendary every human in OW has got:

Ashe

N/A

Doomfist

4 skins, 3 of which cover him up MORE than his standard skin. Swamp Monster could be argued as fanservice

Genji

5 skins (including 2018 Pacific all-stars), no fanservice

Hanzo

5 skins, no fanservice

Junkrat

5 skins, Beachrat and Bilgerat shirtless

McCree

5 skins, Lifeguard is clear fanservice

Mei

8 skins(!), New Ice Cream skin is fanservice

Pharah

5 skins, no fanservice

Reaper

5 skins, no fanservice (unfortunately)

Soldier:76

5 skins, no fanservice, though Grandmaster:76 could be argued

Sombra

5 skins (counting Demon Hunter from Blizzcon 2018), Tulum could be argued

Symmetra

4 skins, Magician could be argued

Torbjorn

7 skins, no fanservice

Tracer

8 skins (including 2018 Atlantic all-stars), Sprinter and Track and Field could be argued, but considering their context probably not

Widowmaker

6 skins (including Kerrigan Starcraft 20th Anniversary), Cote d’Azur fanservice

D.Va

6 skins, Black Cat, Waveracer and Academy all fanservice, Palanquin could be argued

Reinhardt

4 skins, no fanservice

Roadhog

5 skins, all cover him up more than the base skin

Zarya

7 skins, only Barbarian could be argued

Ana

3 skins, no fanservice

Baptiste

N/A (obviously)

Brigitte

1 skin, not fanservice

Lucio

7 skins (including 2019 Pacific all-stars), Capoeira and Equaliser shirtless

Mercy

7 skins (including 2019 Atlantic all-stars and Pink charity skin), Pink and Witch definite fanservice, Winged Victory and 2019 Atlantic all-stars can be argued

Moira

2 skins, not fanservice

As you can see, quite a few heroes have fanservice legendaries. But only 2 have majority fanservice legendaries - D.Va and Mercy. And that is what needs fixing.

1 Like

Sentai is fanservice

2 Likes

Sentai and Scion are totally fan service

2 Likes