Mei will destroy the owl?

They buffed it to better go through shields Stop pretending Mei isn’t a massive issue rn

It doesn’t go through shields.

4 Likes

It was added to deal with a potential tank heavy meta with the addition of Moira, but it was not the meta we had after dive, had we?

We still had GravDragon and double sniper between it. Not to mention Goats, which Mei saw little play in.

2 Likes

When did I say it was to counter dive? I said it was during dive and shocker, she was bad against dive with this change. It wasn’t a buff she had during goats that diversely affected dive as she had it during dive. That’s the point. Work on your reading comprehension.

The point is, she was weak to dive and continues to be weak to dive. She’s strong because dive isn’t as effective as an overall comp right now.

OK, so you are saying… it was just before Goats, and you are upset that we are saying it was just before goats…

3 Likes

Mei is being an issue on OWL because OWL will always pick the safer comps over flashy or risky comps.

Outside OWL though, Mei has never been a balance issue unless you consider making people rage over their own mistakes a ‘‘balance’’ issue.

When pros develop a meta specifically to counter a sert of heroes, its obvious that hero wont be played. They wont play snipers into an anti-sniper meta for obvious reasons.

1 Like

Here you go:

This is the patch that added freeze piercing. Noticed the date? Goats wasn’t a thing yet.

Not even the weeks or months following it.

3 Likes

Something LIKE goats was expected. but it was before goats.

No…this change was added after the release of BRIG, as it’s in the BRIGITTE QandA. Geoff was referencing how Moira was also released that year and how now that Brig was also in the game, multi tank comp was looking to be the meta.

Yes, because snipers/Mercy was still incredibly strong, and the Hanzo rework made him a monster which launched both of these metas.

No DPS saw play in GOATS, but Mei Goats and Sombra goats actually were comps in high ranks.

But the principle of my post was that multi freeze literally WAS added to counter multi tank so saying someone is a “liar” for saying so is just laughable.

Mei and Sombra ARE DPS.

But before Goats.

3 Likes

Yeah, because of the addition of Moira were they afraid for another comp like triple tank.

We did got one eventually the next year, and only after having a few different metas, but even during that tank heavy meta saw Mei little play. I mean, Snoats was a rare thing, and it was mostly Sombra who saw play during goats in owl, but still not much.

2 Likes

I’m aware…are you OK? My statement makes perfect sense…GOATS was a meta where almost no DPS were ever played, hence it being 3-3, but there were variations that included a Mei or a Sombra. It’s not hard to understand.

1 Like

grabs popcorn

And so it begins…

Totally.

Slambulance was already thing, so they had good reason to think so. It just was only useable on some maps.

1 Like

You guys are getting so defensive over this and it’s funny. Multi freeze was added to counter the potential for a multi tank meta. We are now in a 2-2-2 setting where multi tank is physically impossible, so there’s zero reason she needs to retain said change.

Enjoy the Mei nerfs when they come on PTR. I personally hope they nerf her wall and spray range.

I’m back to watching OWL. Adios :smiley: :yellow_heart:

Because the suggestion that people keep making is it’s strong against dive as she ‘had it during goats’. This isn’t true, the buff preceded goats, and she has remained weak against dive. So this change will have no bearing on dive if it comes back. Heck, with her recent nerfs, she’s actually weaker now than she was in dive.

1 Like

I’d really like to know why this is, especially when Tracer, and even moreso Genji haven’t seen any real play at that level in well over a year.

Can’t you see how…

kinda implies that you said - no DPS saw play in GOATS?

3 Likes

If I am going to be honest, Mei getting even more nerfed wont change anything.

Forumites will still cry and whine about how she still managed to kill them, and about how ‘‘no skill brainless’’ she actually is.

The same happens with Sym even after a nerfwork and being gutted, and the same could happen to Moira if they reduce the size of her tracking beam.

People are already biased against them and that wont change unless the hero gets deleted. Even if Mei and co. have worse stats that the rest.

2 Likes

Better Mei than Tracer, or Genji, or Hanzo.

OWL will be garbage with or without Mei.

1 Like