Mei will destroy the owl?

So where was she for the previous OWLs?

2 Likes

Why do people keep lying about this? That buff was during dive, and it was to make it consistent and make Mei actually usable in a team fight as freeze could be completely shutdown by an enemy accidentally running in front of it.

She had 1 ghosts buff, increase in primary fire DPS…

5 Likes

In the moment they introduced 2/2/2 she was meta.

1 Like

dive was 2-2-2, she wasn’t in dive.

8 Likes

Mei becomes more mandatory the more barriers are nerfed, and barriers are mandatory because Hanzo and Widow still exist.

Nerfing Mei is just stupid and attacking a symptom and not the disease.

Mei didn’t have 6 buffs in OG dive she does now. Dive back then would of been destroyed by Mei rn. Stop playing ignorant

2 Likes

Mei is hardcountered by mobility so that could have never happened.

Also Mei was also just nerfed. Her wall just has become mandatory in a game where barriers are nerfed but no counterplay burst snipers still exist.

1 Like

The only changes Mei received after dive are:

• 10 more damage on freeze
  • Wall merged by 100hp
  • Slow down nerfed by 0.5 seconds.

I really doubt she will have a larger impact on dive in her current state than how she was during dive.

Also, the reason why Mei was F-tier during dive was because she sucked at dealing with mobility, despite having slow and freeze. Tank heavy comps are a different story.

4 Likes

Yeah. So far: Mei Rein and Lucio have 100% pick rate.

I guess these pros can’t play long range heroes. Or any burst damage heroes.

I think Multifreeze was at end of dive, just before goats.

AS IT IS, it wouldn’t have helped her.

1 Like

But still during dive, right?

And after that did we had GravDragon and double dragon, so I doubt multi-freeze is what is causing her to be meta in owl.

1 Like

I’m sorry did you miss multi freeze and piercing? Mei would of stomped OG dive Winston would of been frozen into oblivion and the supports blocked off as at the time Mercy didn’t have super jump and Lucio wouldn’t have wall ride buff

Rein is the only decent barrier tank left.

Lucio has always been a LCS staple, specially when Rein is the only viable main tank.

Mei is mandatory because the other barrier tanks are subpar now but barriers are still mandatory due to all the long range damage the game has rn.

Yup, and it’s substantially weaker at this point than it was then due to the slow and linger nerf.

It sure as wouldn’t have made her good vs dive.

Multi freeze IS piercing.

2 Likes

Actually, you’re the wrong one here. Geoff literally said when the Multi Freeze buff went on PTR that it was to counter the upcoming tank/GOATS meta they were expected to happen with Brig’s release.

They even say dive is looking to be completely replaced with a tanky meta in this post, so your claim that they buffed Mei to make her better against dive is just wrong. Especially since they said they were weary of buffing Ana/Zarya/Hog against dive in case dive just died off on it’s own with Brig’s release.

Do your research before calling other people liars.

Tagging you two because you’re also spreading the misinformation.

1 Like

Her projectile got piercing too or you forget they buffed that?

We’re talking about OWL here.

If it was so easy to counter those comps, would see pharamercy or snipers for at least 1s

Her projectile doesn’t have piercing. right click doesn’t pierce.

1 Like