Mei - The Silver Surfer

I’ve noticed the people who say this usually don’t even play Mei.

No. Just no

Really ??? a up when she needed a nerf of health recovery and iceblock so that it could be possible to kill her ?

I’d like to hope one day Roadhog can hook an object, and pull the entire map towards him.

1 Like

This is why Mei can never be that good. Because she’s focused on something players hate and will complain about being “oppressive” and you’ll always throttle her effectiveness based on that feedback. As long as that’s her primary focus, you’ll keep her hamstrung.

It’s like the situation with Roadhog. His WHOLE DEAL was the hook combo kill. You essentially removed it (made it largely RNG) because of player rage and regardless if his damage numbers still look good on paper, fewer people like playing him because there’s no solid reward for landing those hooks. In fact you guys made landing hooks HARDER at the same time you made them less rewarding. Throwing a buff to his healing ability didn’t help it because that was never his core.

Mei, she’s in the same boat. You will NEVER allow her crowd control to be powerful enough to be satisfying because you listen to people crying “oppressive”.

5 Likes

God forbid any hero can have mobility to chase tracer around, totally unacceptable.

uhm this makes sense, so this is why Ana is the only sniper who cannot adquire high ground?

1 Like

Couldn’t this have been solved by doing the Halo/Destiny thing? Where the crosshair in the bottom third of the screen?

Dude, she can only freeze the ground imediatelly in front of her. So when she stops freezing the ground, her speed will get back to normal. Roadhog is one of the few heroes that would have no option but fight back, since he has no escapes, but he would be able to survive, so no problem for him

So basically you dont want mei to be relevant.

got it.

1 Like

I was main Mei, so I’m not that case. And I’m just saying it does make sense that she would be able to move faster if she froze the ground in front of her. Not saying it would make her more balanced. Just from a logic point of view.

I am in the Forums every week and it’s the first time that i see it :slight_smile: So don’t listen to that other guy.

1 Like

Interesting stuff. What if her spray dropped and covered the ground in a style not unlike Splatoon? The way their bullet physics have so much weight and splotch ‘ink’ on the terrain ahead of them could work well for Mei, or possibly another hero.

On that note, maybe you’ve already tested something like that? I would be interested to know if it’s something the dev team has ever explored.

In season, many times during respawn, i always sprayed the ground in front of her, wishing it would speed her up a little bit, like in her POTG intro.

Thank you for the reply! We love hearing from you guys.

I’m a Mei main (XBox) and I would be ok with looking at the ground. I spent most of my time getting to high places to get behind enemy lines. I would use this ability to get to the front lines faster or get out of a sticky situation.

I support ice skating Mei

why not make everyone slip on the ice?!

Mei has so much crowd control and area denial that I’m not sure if a mobility buff for her is viable at all.

Well can you give her any sort of significant fking buff so she actually can do her fking job instead of tiptoeing around THE WORST HERO IN THE GAME WHO HAS BEEN IN F-TIER LONGER THAN ANY OTHER HERO ON ALL 3 PLATFORMS with those useless, pathetic, and insulting “buffs” that just went live?

Make her can do this on her own ultimate area, just like faceless void in dota would be nice.

Thank you for that :slight_smile: