Mei - The Silver Surfer

Perhaps too cartoony for OW, but the thought of Mei rolling into a giant snowball that grows as she travels could make for a fun variation on Cryo.

1 Like

His point on not giving every hero mobility.
——>
Your head.

Mei just needs more finetuning for her freezing. I really don’t think she needs a new ability or rework.

8 Likes

This is a really good idea because it would allow Mei to catch up with slippery targets

We don’t care. It’s cool.
if u don’t want stuff in game because u want everything to be unique, then u’ve already forgotten that a game is meant to be COOL.

1 Like

you have to stare at the ground for ice wall… You also need to push 2 buttons to place it, which is counter productive for wall purpose

1 Like

mei able to freeze people and you want her to go fast as lucio?

yeah no thanks would be borderline broken

1 Like

Mei is fine, she just needs to have some of her bugs fixed.

4 Likes

She wouldn’t be able to freeze opponents and move faster at the same time :slight_smile: Because if she is freezing the ground, she can’t freeze the opponent

I NEEEEED IT!

(16 characters lul)

They can balance Mercy Rez with a slow etc. So they can balance that easily.

You should just put mobility (unique mobility) on every hero so they all stay relevant. Dive comp really made some heroes useless for many months.

1 Like

Nah, I totally think she is fine, this is in no way a “Buff Mei” thread. This is just something I think made sense with her gun and her character :slight_smile:

Glancing down at the ground to place a wall and literally having to stare at the ground throughout 90% of the match for the added mobility are two completely different things.

Also the two button presses actually lets you see where the wall is placed. It’d be much, much more annoying if you had to guesstimate it with a single press.

Believe it or not, I’m pretty sure the devs have thought of this more than you have.

3 Likes

I agree with you.
Mei is not a character that should have mobility but rather slow down the mobility on the game.

Her primary fire, her ultimate and her ice wall is all about slowing down.

But the problem she has right now is that she only slow down the base movement. Abilities like Blink and Swiftstrike ignore her slow down effect because these abilities will always travel a fixed distance. This is why Mei is stronger against enemies who doesn’t has mobility than against heroes with mobility.

Well, let’s see how she is once the PTR changes has hit live.

2 Likes

ever heard of multi tasking?

1 Like

It is LITERALLY impossible to stare at 2 different places at the same time, so I’m sorry but multitasking is not applicable in this situation, unless they were earthshattered, but then, who would care if she could freeze and move faster at the same time? It’s not like they could move xD

1 Like

why not add optional smart-cast for wall? Hold button - aim for wall, release - wall instantly appears. it would disable turning it, but since it’s optional - it doesn’t matter

Because with how it is now, if you press E twice you can change the direction of the wall.

I’ll take the added functionality over the wonky “hold down the button and guarantee place it no matter what, even if you change your mind” mechanic any day.

1 Like

you can freeze the ground then proceed to chase anyone thats out of her reach

it takes less than a second to freeze the ground then you just chase them

for example im roadhog and im out of her freeze range and im trying to avoid it by going backwards

she freezes ground, goes faster, freezes me, im dead

2 Likes

Yet Genji has so much mobility…