Brig Rework Concept #SaveBrig šŸ›”

Great read, but I believe that this rework wouldnā€™t change much. She wonā€™t be any different, and the same people who complain about her will continue complaining. Goats meta will fall out of meta in a few days though, so the Brigitte whine will vanish together with it. Just wait and see.

Also increasing the skill floor is not important.

Skill floor is how much effort is needed to learn the basics.

What matters is the skill ceiling, meaning the effort and time needed to reach a heroā€™s full potential. A high skill ceiling brings replayability and keeps you interested . If you meant skill ceiling, then Iā€™m with you.

I know what ya mean. The goal were to make her better but also feel more fair to play against.

I know some people will never change, so I didnā€™t bother making her that different, especially because of how Syms rework changed her to the point of her not feeling familiar to her mains. So while things are different, it was supposed to feel familiar.

Speaking of which, I had meant to say skill ceiling :sweat_smile: fixed that, but honestly, the added requirements for precision when it comes to Repair Pack and Shield Bash, along with the slower projectile speed on whipshot alongside itā€™s new ranges damage reward actually makes me believe it also raises her skill floor alongside the ceiling.

3 Likes

Ah ok! Your post was mostly describing skill ceiling, so I kinda thought it was a typo too :smile:

I had a similar idea about her whipshot too.
My idea was a bit more punishing (thought of it before the bash nerf) and it was 40 damage in point blank, 100 in max range.
I like this idea because itā€™s not so punishing (yet still dangerous) in close range, and itā€™s also rewarding skill in successful long distance shots.

While Im ok with current Brigitte, I could see myself playing that reworked version and having fun. After all, the idea has itā€™s merits.

1 Like

I donā€™t care what they change about her as long as she has the skills to kill a Tracer or Genji againā€¦

All she had left was being able to delay her teamā€™s death by giving everyone armor but even now thatā€™s gonna be gone

1 Like

Yeah current Brig is a total mess

4 Likes

As a brig main I can get behind this concept.

2 Likes

As a Brig main I hate how good of an idea this is on paper cause that means Blizzard would never do it. T-T

3 Likes

how about this
is now a tank
has 200health+250 armor
her shield is now 600 hp
has a shield charge instead of shield bash, travels 10 meter similar to dooms rocket punch how it charges but all it does is do 100 dmg in everything in itā€™s path and boops them away from her 3 meters up in a direction in a 45Ā° angle from point of interaction.

now inspire is an aura of increased flat damage of 5 per damage instant for her teammates, meaning shotgun and other characters that do lots of small damage instances fast gets a significant damage increase being around her.

whipshot is the same
her normal damage per swing increased to 50 (45 without her own aura)

her ultimate super charges her and increases her speed (as it does now) and now electrifies her weapon adding a flat damage increase to her flail by adding 40+damage for each swing, duration 10 seconds.
her flail while electrified slows the speed of any hero hit by it by 30%

(optional, still has repair pack but can use on herself or an ally, now does a flat 100 healing)

just buff every aspect and call it a tank rework huh?

double her hitbox
make her slow af
add charge time to all her abilities
and maybe your buffs wont make her extremely overpowered

nvm

How about #SaveTheGameThatBrigRuinedWithHerExistance ?

Completely agree, and this is what kills me about this game. The ā€œmetaā€ is patch forced. Itā€™s not ā€œmetaā€ itā€™s more ā€œthis is whatā€™s broken with current patchā€ / ā€œthis is what weā€™re allowed to playā€

and you buff shield bash to what it was 4 months ago.
Guys, stop being delusional, i know you miss your solo burst option because you like to go get solo kills, but thtā€™s not what brig is supposed to be.
Her combo is 145 damage hit-bash-hit-whip, comes out super fast and if literally anyone else is with you, the target is still dead. And the enemy is stunned and defenseless for a full second.
At any level where genji and tracer are a problem this means death for them.

Just because she canā€™t go gung-ho and kill everything in front of her doesnā€™t mean sheā€™s weak.
Bash is still one of the best CC in the game. It comes out instantly, has a big hitbox and a relatively short cooldown.

You know why going through shield was removed, right? Because if you want that back, then it means you havenā€™t really played the game or understand how sheā€™s used.

Imagine having rein-zarya, the usual combo. A brig walks up to a rein, with the help of her team, followed by a rein as well.
Brig just waltzes in front of you thanks to a 500 hp shield that requires to stop shooting at the enemy reinā€™s to break.
Brig stuns the enemy rein basically for free, as bash comes out instantly and zarya canā€™t really react to it with a bubble (and bash cd is shorter than bubble anyway).
At that point what happens? Rein has his shield down for a full second.

1. brig whipshots him, shooting him behind his team and leaving them uncovered.
  2. the enemy rein shatters and you are are all dead.

Brig and armor needed a nerf regardless, owl just sped up the process that was definetely going to come.
If you really think the last bash nerf killed brigitte, boy, you clearly have no idea what goats is, because the same patch buffed her aoe healing.

Just because you donā€™t delete a hero (and an entire class) by merely existing, that dosnā€™t mean you canā€™t still counter them. You just got used to being overpowered, so being brought down to normal feels like an unfair nerf. Iā€™ve seen this with the cries when they gave mercy a cast time on rez.
Brig countered every sustained damage dps in the game, since from her release, only hanzo and widow have been meta, while pretty much every other dps is a throw pick.
A hero that counters another by merely existing, with no way to counter them effectively, is broken.
Brigitte had counters, true, but not enough to shoo away goats, so that means they are not effective.

first of all with that amount of health, with even her armor pack she have 200+200 max (for 1 sec). thatā€™s not a tank! zarya have 750 health with her shield and she donā€™t even have to look down on to the ground to gain the armor packs and have another 350 health shield for another teammate. Tanks have lethal potentials, i donā€™t see any of that in your brig. Tanks have game deciding ults, i donā€™t see that in the new ult. Whipshot is already slow to begin with at max range and you made it worse, further reduce lethality. i donā€™t know how long until rein recharge his shield but she should be the same. i have mix feeling about the bash but maybe this should work (damage: 50 always go for a fixed distance and while so push the first hero for that fixed distance with her, while pushed you are stunned) give a skill celling to it.

This Tank version of Brig still has self heal :stuck_out_tongue:

And while WS is slower it isnā€™t so slow that itā€™s useless. The time difference travelled at midrange has been changed from a fraction of a second to a slightly longer fraction if a second lol.

I never wanted to add a knockback to SB because itā€™s counter-intuitive to her her short range kit, and the fact that her steady DPS is low it would only make her feel really weak.

However the shield recharge is something to consider. Thnx for bringing that up

Your know that hanzo can still miss shots have the speed of 110m/s right? Skill celling too high and if you miss, you have about 2.5 sec (if ws doesnt hit a wall) of not moving with no shield and 300 health, death wish? Low damage is what makes her not a tank in the first place and just 50 armor is not gonna change it. 10hp self heal is not that clutch. You know rein charge right? SB is just like that just for a very short distance, not a knock back.

I understand that. Thatā€™s why the sacrifice in damage that she has compared to someone like rein comes with the fact that sheā€™s a lot smaller, can Regen her own health, and can give her a burst of armor.

So itā€™s less of killing something because you have damage and a larger health pool,

But more of killing something because you can always outlast them without outside help. And if youā€™re in trouble, you can always rely on ws and your larger shield.

Remember sheā€™s a lot smaller than Rein. I canā€™t just give her +300 how because with her size it doesnā€™t make sense. And I canā€™t just give her a butt-ton more damage because that would be Zaryas forte.

thatā€™s the point! A combination of bad versions of both tanks dont makes her a real tank. Your version is still a lost cause to me unless her kit is changed completely. The shield is smaller, weaker than rein. Zarya have 350 health extra for both her and ally, Brig have 100 armor for either her or ally. Her health is less than both of them, her damage is less than both of them. The ult is an incontrollable, weak version of zen (not tank also). Aura heal is nerfed. She is faster but not in a way you can call ā€˜mobilityā€™. Solo vs rein, dead. Solo vs zarya, can escape. Solo op version of brig, win cause of armor packs and more health not because of anything else.

Because that is what she is, a tanky supportā€¦ basically where we have dive tank or off tank, she is a healer tank. I fail to see the issue except Brig mains want the easy ticket again up in rank. I finally feel she takes some actual thought to play, its nice and I donā€™t feel dirty anymore playing her.

That being said, I think she might get a rework at some point, but unless they drop this flail concept, I think she is stuck as is. A rework to a mace would be so much betterā€¦

Why tho? To justify health increase and healing decrease?

Actually good idea. itā€™s like no one realizes that GOATS is meta not because of CC and armor, but because of gigantic aoe healing that can heal up the tanks.

Why tho? Like really no reason to make it aimable projectile, only to make it ā€œskillzā€ for dum tryhards.
About other stuff: Is it 150 heal + 100 armor with 5 second cd. Poor decision.

For close-range off-tank. WHAT A GREAT IDEA SEE NOTHING WRONG ABOUT IT. Not to mention that with larger distance and slower travel it takes millennium if you miss and want it back. Like really unnecessary/

To make her more of a rein-parody? No thanks.

BAD! Now range matches her flail, so you can ā€œoh if i can hit it with m1, then i can stun itā€. Ez and simple.

Sooo you can pick some abstract nano-blade genji and make him immortal unless he get rip-tire in the face? Or even normal dragonblade. Armor ramp up is so fast that actually none ā€œsustained dpsā€ canā€™t scratch him unless 6v1 focus fire. If you do let him ramp up, then burst damage wonā€™t work. Not to mention your repair pack.

My humble opinion: 1/10.
Change just for change, with no meaning behind.

Soā€¦armor packs but weaker cuz their on a timer

This is literally a trash version of sound barrier, this ult would be horribly weak, only useful to make genji during.drangonblade.more OP

I dont see the point of this

Just make it cripple

Too little health for its size, it would die instantly tbh

I dont really like this idea, overall her new repair pack is weak

Her ultimate is literally weaker than her E