Mei And Reaper buff speculations

Excuse me, an increased what now?
By god, this change better be worth it.

6 Likes

Reaper:

• Make Reaper take 30% less damage while Teleporting.

*Make the falloff range 10% shorter.

*Reduce spread by 10%.

Mei:

*Enimies stay frozen for .3 seconds longer.

*While standing inside her Blizzard radius, Mei and her allies movement speed are increased by 20%.

*Blizzard now heals Mei overtime for 15 healing per second while she stands within its radius.

2 Likes

You should, because thatā€™s what a functional Reaper looks like, only more dangerous because sheā€™s harder to hit.

This is nonsense, you will never use wraith form in a team fight unless youā€™re trying to escape, and at that point itā€™s only to buy yourself time. And again, Tracer is more threatening in this situation because she can blink out of the fight and kill everyone involved from behind, Reaper has to be in your face, more risk for less reward.

I wouldnā€™t be afraid of her at all if I was soldier, because Iā€™d just walk backwards and shoot her to death. Meiā€™s a threat to Soldeir because of her ice shot and her spray, with Reaperā€™s shotguns she would be a joke, just like Reaper is, even with her instant iceblock ability.

4 Likes

This right here, the pros better outweigh these cons, because from how Geoff explained it, the cons are gonna be weighing a ton. Heā€™s already easily counterable when he pops out of wraith.

Weā€™ll see.

3 Likes

Mei can cancel, Dva can cancel. reaper should be able to cancel as well. Heā€™s too predictable as is. Right now itā€™s oh reaper is wraithing in the middle of the group heā€™ll ult and he does. but with a way to cancel early weā€™d never know when heā€™d ult. sometimes I just want to wraith for a second or two then cancel it.

for me itā€™s consistency between the heroes.

3 Likes

You wouldnā€™t use wraith form unless it was to escapeā€¦until you can cancel it and attack instantly afterwards.

Reaper and tracer are nothing a likeā€¦ and shouldnt be

Thereā€™s no point with the change, since you canā€™t stagger damage with it, and even if he could exit wraith form immediately there would most likely be a cooldown to re enter it. With a cooldown to fire upon exiting itā€™s useless in most situations why can you not understand that.

They are, theyā€™r supposed to be high risk cqc oriented heroes, except Tracer does far more far better than him. Sheā€™s also a better tank buster than Reaper.

The point is Tracer is Reaper, only good.

3 Likes

I think Meiā€™s buff will be making her reload during cryo freeze as well as fixing a bug where she gets hooked during cryo freeze animation.

How many other characters get a fully invincible ability that is can be cancelled anytime and instantly allows full damage to be done? Also none.
Thatā€™s what theyā€™ve always been afraid of making and similarly why Sombra has recovery time when decloaking.

Iā€™ll quote was Geoff said last year on the old forums:
"
For Reaperā€™s case specifically, his Wraithform ability is very strong, but at least you know he canā€™t attack you while he himself is unable to be attacked. Currently, you can try to time a shot to land just as it ends, if youā€™re practiced enough. If he were able to cancel it freely there would probably have to be a decent delay before he were able to fire again, to give his enemies enough warning. Otherwise on your screen heā€™d shoot you before you even saw the effect end (at least until someone invents 0 latency internet).

Again it isnā€™t completely off the table for him but iā€™m trying to give you guys an idea as to why it is the way it is to begin with, and that removing these ā€˜costsā€™ that abilities have isnā€™t always good for the game as a whole."

They arenā€™t thinking just in terms of mobility like you say.
Letā€™s hope the recovery time is not as long as Sombraā€™s though.

Genji, literally Genji, his deflect hitbox is so god damned big you can barely hurt him while he does it AND IT DAMAGES YOU WHILE HE DOES IT.

2 Likes

Instant reaper teleport would be good

What I think they will do is this:

Reaper:
ā€¢The Reaping: Now recovers 25% of damage dealt to Reaper.
ā€¢Shadow Step: Decreased cast time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
ā€¢Wraith Form: Can now be cancelled mid-use.

Developer comments: Reaper is capable of dealing lots of damage but can be easily defeated mid-fight. These changes will hopefully help him to get out of sticky situations faster and more reliably stay in the fight.

Mei:
ā€¢Endothermic Blaster: Secondary fire fire rate increased by 25%.
-Secondary fire bullet speed increased by 10%.
ā€¢Cryo-Freeze: Reloads Meiā€™s Endothermic Blaster.

Developer Comments: We feel that these changes to Mei will give her more places to be effective without having to be constantly in the middle of the fight to be effective.

These are my ideas

Heā€™s not CC immune. Can still be hit behind the hitbox, hit by aoe damage, beam weapons and other stuff like Reinā€™s charge.

I feel Mei has several issues that make her too weak, here are suggestions to fix her:

1-Make her frost stream pierce heroes (not barriers), so more than one person can be frozen at the same time.
Right now its too easy for a teammate to bodyblock and essentially negate any current freeze buildup.

OR

1-Let her frost stream cause a small freeze aoe as it connects with an enemy.
Make standing near a target being frozen by Mei be very dangerous.

2-Let her skate on the frost stream as she sprays, for better mobility to get into range for freezing enemies and escaping.
Mei is slightly too slow at moving around, if shes willing to spend ammo and reveal her location maybe its reasonable to let her move faster on her ice.

3-Reduce or Reverse the damage falloff for long range icicle hits.
Landing an icicle hit at range is very difficult, if anything it should do MORE damage, not less.

4-Slightly reduce the wind up time to fire an icicle.
If mei is supposed to be able to snipe targets with her icicle, make it less difficult to land hits.

5-Reveal meiā€™s current targeted placement for icewall, so teammates can react and are not surprised when you do place it.
Teammates have no way of knowing when or where you will icewall, it would be nice to be able to have natural coordination by showing the current placement.

6-Blizzard can be stopped during the cast time, this feels awful.
Once the ult leaves her hands, it should continue, even if she activates Cryofreeze, is stunned or dies.

7-Blizzard has quite a long cast time. It must be thrown, land, then snowball flies up and activates, then the freeze BEGINS, and enemies still have time to escape. With that much windup enemies have a significant amount of time to get out of the way.
Perhaps it should activate and freeze sooner

8-Icewall should not be useable by enemies.
Icewall should not provide an escape route for enemies such as lucioā€™s wallride, and shimada wall climb.

3 Likes

This barely ever happens, and again, hitbox is so huge most of the time youā€™re not getting damaged or taking very incidental chip damage. He also move much faster than Reaper does and can double jump and wallclimb while doing it.

DVA can also do it while ramming you and shoving missiles down your throat with DM up, and again, little to no damage.

Winston can leap into you drop a shield and stance dance between it taking barely any chip damage while he #$%^s you up.

So at the end of the day they get basically the same thing only they get to do damage while theyā€™re doing it. With Reaper you can visibly see his reformation coming and know exactly how long you have to attack him while heā€™s reforming. The vulnerability period he has currently is about 1 second which is enough for Tracer to one mag his @$s before he can even do anything.

2 Likes

Using the star system as your argument I meanā€¦just lol

You realize hogā€™s effectiveness relies entirely on a SKILL shot right? If you canā€™t hit over 50% of your hooks you contribute nothing to your team as hog.

Also hog has 0 mobility or defense, so if you get caught out youā€™re completely screwed.

1 Like

if you want to add pause before he could shoot - better just donā€™t touch wraith at all. Sombra stealth is garbage because of this

6 Likes

The thing is, he already has a pause before he can shoot anyway, this is just making it longer.

3 Likes

PLEASE dont give him a Sombra like pause.

Let abilities flow.

I truly wish EVERYTHING had a delay when it came to these moves, itā€™s so inconsistent in this game. Why does Sombra get a delay when she isnā€™t even burst coming out of teleporter but Genji gets no delay from the deflect + slashdash shuriken combo?

Mei gets no delay in shift but sheā€™s fine in my book because sheā€™s NOT BURST.

Reaper, if they truly do go this route, definitely needs a small delay before shooting 110% necessary.

I still wish they would nerf Genji deflect / slash combo to actually have a delay so it can be countered though if you are quick, or at least make it so he is melee-able while deflecting.