Mei And Reaper buff speculations

So now that we know Mei and Reaper buffs are in the pipeline (And hopefully going to PTR this week) what do you hope for them?

9 Likes

Hopefully a buff to reapers wraithform. Don’t really care about mei.

5 Likes

I think Meis biggest weakness is her ult, because it takes too long and usually people can escape the freeze. I also would like to see an increase of her firing rate of her secondary.

12 Likes

The most obvious thing for Reaper would be to manually cancel out of wraith form at any time (similar to D.Va’s rocket boosters). This would raise his power level. I play Reaper a lot so this would be a fun change.

15 Likes

Predictions :
1-Reaper can ignore armor
2-shadow step improvments
3-Movespeed buffs.
4-possibly an alt fire.

15 Likes

I doubt it’ll be all of those because the patch may be coming out very quickly (next week) but I hope it’s at least 2-3 of those.

2 Likes

yeah of course it not gonna be all of them. probably 1 or 2 of those.

3 Likes
  1. hopefully not, he already does high dmg with little effort. I think his main problem is to get close, so i think they will buff something about his movement.
4 Likes

oh please D.va mains are already worried that reaper could actually counter tanks now.

7 Likes

no i’m not really worried, d.va will always be in top tier because she is very flexible. I just think it would be to much if he would deal even more dmg.

7 Likes

No first brigitte and now Reaper , mei buffs. D.vas pickrate gonna go below 40% pretty soon.

6 Likes

lets talk about this in a few weeks. I say d.va is just too good in dive and in a deathball.

5 Likes

Her ult is not grav. Her ult is a zoning ult like everything in her entire kit

4 Likes

Well of course but they are pretty much nerfed dive with the new hero. we can’t be 100% sure. but hopefully D.va goes to F tier one day.

1 Like

Reaper is the flanker who is currently suffering the most from Brigitte.

The shield strike forbids us to approach and Dps.

If I have a lot of ideas for Buff I can not see how we could get over this problem.

• We must revise Wraith Form by greatly increasing its speed of movement and allow us to stop it at our convenience.

• Shadow Step is too slow to use and always too visible to be effective.

• The Reaping is too weak.

• We clearly miss an alternative shot.

7 Likes

My predictions:

Reaper
Spread down by 25%
Pellet count down by 2

Notes: "We intend to keep Reaper in an anti-tank role but would like him to be able to engage slightly earlier in every fight. This should keep his DPS close to current values while allowing an earlier first shot.

Mei:
Secondary Fire Windup 50% shorter
Projectile Speed slightly reduced

Notes: “Mei is in a very healthy place overall but we feel her secondary fire didn’t have a consistent use. These changes will empower her a bit more at ranges outside her primary fire without making her a long range character over all.”

3 Likes

And what if d.va becomes f-tier? There are many d.va mains who will spam the forums like last time, than she will get buffed again. She is one of the most changed heroes and she where always viable since the first DM change. DM is one of the most powerfull abillities, that’s why she will never be f-tier and i cannot imagine that they will nerf her DM twice.

Btw. i can understand why its frustrating to play against her.

1 Like

for reaper probably cancel wrathe

mei probably less right click wind up.

reaper is still going to be crap though, he is already very very good vs tanks but the problem is that he gets dumped on by the likes of mccree, tracer, genji, 76…

If they could nerf her to mercy state It would be more than enough. people who use her as op hero will stop playing her. and we see more skillful heroes instead of boost into face heroes.

reaper and roadhog isnt anymore skillful than dva.