[MEGATHREAD] Symmetra 3.0

Tested this with Blasphemy in a custom game last night. Moira gets use of the exploit for recharging her stuff.

Easy to test for yourself with a friend. Empty your healing resources to 0, hold right click on your friend and watch the healing resources sloooowly recover. Empty healing resources a second time, set the secondary weapon to also fire when mouse scroll down (or up either works). You’ll get full resources in moments of flicking down the scroll wheel.

3 Likes

No, there would be logic in place to prevent this from happening, but it wouldn’t require a delay.

Logic would be something like:

Has player X been damaged by beam Y/N
If Y, ramp to next level at damage tick
If N, apply damage at current level

Add in some logic for damage decay, and you’re all set.

1 Like

I’ll just add you 20 characters

1 Like

:+1:

I mean I’m not asking to join but this sounds great. I really hope they get points across and discuss things that actually are harming her.

1 Like

I think we will because this is the community members talking

Good point. Honestly, almost everything that was been said was said in the first three days of the PTR back in June. There have been a few new ideas posted since, but, for the most part, every suggestion since then is just the community spinning their wheels repeating themselves.

That’s not a community criticism. It’s just the way these things work. The problems with her design were fairly obvious after playing her for 3 - 10 games. (Depending upon which design flaw you’re talking about.)

2 Likes

Truu

Besides the horrible problems of Sym 3.0…
Where is the part with “More Skillful”?

Primary Fire -> Longer range, now only for No-Skill Barrier shoting
Secondary Fire -> Faster, easier to charge, no longer involves the “Let’s hit the Mercy behind 3 shields”-Skill
Turrets -> No more slow, can protect themselves, easier to place
TP -> Due to its long cast time and low potential, very little skill compared to old phorton barrier.
Phorton Wall ->
-> Compared to Barrier: No more Pharah/Reaper block cause cast time. To big to aim at something
-> Compared to Shield Gen: No need to protect or hide it. Just press the old buttons wherever you are.

I get it: You cant run around while holding left click anymore. But that was mostly a gold and below thing. In high ranks, her primary fire took a lot of skill and was usually combined with the slow charge slow movement orb. Even in melee.

3 Likes

The flaws we’re obvious as soon as the changes were announced

3 Likes

I just want to point out that symmetra tp cast time is only 0.5 seconds faster then reaper teleport

So it’s really really bad as an escape tool

I mean to be fair Reaper has to stand completely still and can’t attack while he’s using shadow step. At least Sym can still move and fight.

Though I do agree, they’re both bad as escape tools.

1 Like

Well if you do move while casting then you are moving away from the tp and have to run back to it to go through it

And reaper has more hp then sym

Not saying syms is worse but they are very close in power, which is to say none at all In terms of escape tools

1 Like

another thread for this and a bump

1 Like

Might want to add this piece into the thread as well

Thank you very much for that thread, it’s certainly very relevant.

I posted a topic about Symmetra changes that I think would be perfect:

1 Like

I don’t think Symmetra is a hero that should have a direct mobility ability. I’ve added your post to the first post regardless of my disagreement however.

I’m a big fan of the lower Ult cost for more frequent deployments and smarter Turret A.I., but that’s it from your list. :man_shrugging:t2:

Symmetra suffers horribly because she doesn’t counter any Hero, has inconsistent DPS, and doesn’t have any survivabilty. I’ve been begging for Blizzard to add any of the following:

• leave the Teleporter as is, but make it permanent until destroyed or redeployed elsewhere.
  • give her primary a shield-healing effect that triggers only when damaging enemy Barriers.
  • a +50 Shield HP buff.
  • a -2 second reduction on Turret cooldown.

And if I could only have one buff from my list, it’d be adding the shield-healing effect
to her primary. That way, Symmetra would actually have a reason to be picked, as the premier DPS soft-counter to Barrier heroes.

1 Like

And I thought of another buff to Symmetra, a passive, that would go along with her light-construct lore and barrier interactions:

Bend Reality

• Symmetra’s primary fire generates Ultimate charge by damaging enemy barriers as if inflicting Hero damage.

Of course, Symmetra still wouldn’t be able to generate Ult charge while her Wall Ult is up, else we’d be dealing with infinite Walls in a Sym vs Sym matchup. :sweat_smile: