[MEGATHREAD] Symmetra 3.0

Well, you know that ults don’t charge when they’re deployed usually right? Symmetra has one of those ults. So that’s not a problem at all.

Yup. That’s why I posted “Symmetra STILL wouldnt be able to generate Ult charge while her Wall Ult is up”. :eyes::point_up_2:t3:

1 Like

Symm’s teleporter and survivability are her main issues

I’ve added a few other important threads that you may want to consider reading before coming to the correct conclusion that Sym3 needs help.

I’m so mad that Sym is in such a bad spot. She’s received more sweeping changes than any other hero and she’s in a worse spot than the Syms 1. Symmetra deserves better than this.

But I don’t think Blizz will do anything until Owl starts again and Sym is still not picked at all. And lord knows they’ll refuse to buff a hero until their rework is ready.

Welp. Bring on the Syms 4 I suppose.

1 Like

Symmetra 1.0 was an absolute useless catastrophe. This iteration of Symmetra is strictly better :stuck_out_tongue: That being said, Sym2.0 offered many things that Sym3 does not. And what Sym3 gains, IMHO, is not worth the trade-off. (Before small tweaks, of course.)

That post by Geoff is rediculous -_- “there is no way to increase her damage potential while keeping the lockon” THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE POTENTIAL at rank three she deleted basically everything infront of her the only thing that felt really awkward with the old beam was its dealt tickle damage of 30 at first the only thing that needed a buff was the initial damage not the end potential.

4 Likes

I don’t think 120dps was OP at all, especially considering the heavy stun/knockback/CC abilities in game now that would shut it down.

I don’t think it was taken away based on practicality, I think it was taken away due to image. Too many people thought it was no aim/no brain and wanted it removed.

Ultimately, what it did was punish people who were out of position. Personally, I have no problem with that. You should be with your team, if you’re not, you’re a flanker and she was designed to combat flankers.

Now, I’m not sure what she’s designed to do.

4 Likes

That idea really gets on my t!t$ no aim no brain bull. Winstons primary functions essentially the same but nobody ever whined about his. They removed her primary because of other people and removed part of her indentity she used to counter dive squishies now she counters nothing objectively she is more versatile and better but it was possible to achieve that and keep her primary.

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t mind if they brought it back. Even if it was still capped at 120dps. It would at least make sense then, and would bring back the ‘symmetry’ that Symmetra lost in the 3.0 update.

120 primary
120 secondary

4 Turrets (even if only 3 are deployable)
Photon Barrier lasts 14 or 16 seconds, not 15.

I think if they did that, we’d see more Symmetra use, and she’d be borderline OP even WITH the lack of front end damage.

2 Likes

I agree with you… The risk/reward for playing Symmetra really made her stand out as a fun character to play. I looked over my stats recently and She is still in my #2 position of play time and I haven’t really played her in awhile. But you had to think out your traps and attacks and you had to risk diving the enemy to shut down an advance.

The main issue for me is (1) I miss the lock-on because it was engaging. (2) with the new system, unlike Zarya she can no longer protect herself with a barrier if things go south. (3) To engage the enemy, you have to setup flanks (which is fine) but chances are your going in alone, as just about everyone ignores her teleport now. (although I do like the temp teleport)

I wonder why they feel the need to dumb down characters. is it a power scaling issue? (its power level is over 8000!!!)

Either way, playing symm now is a lot like playing Mercy now, kinda bland but unlike mercy, you cant really escape.

The symm rework does make her feel like a normal average hero and that’s just plain wrong.

(her old teleport was better imho)

3 Likes

It needs to come back her current primary is useless and utterly garbage for what her damn role is all of her abilities revolve around supporting her team from the back and helping them with turrets/portals to high ground or out of danger whats the biggest thing she is missing? the ability to defend herself when people get close, she used to have 6 turrets so she could have 3 to help defend herself and 3 out in the map but now she has to reposition them at the first sign of someone diving her for a chance of survival cause her turrets are so key to her ability to fight they utterly gimped her with her new primary.

4 Likes

Sadly, I don’t think we’ll ever see a return of the spaghetti noodle of death :frowning:
I’d be happy if they’d at least put a cone emitter on the weapon instead of a straight line, and have the snapto animation that Moira currently enjoys. At least then it would be easier to aim the weapon, and the visual feedback would be there, and it would feel more like the old Symmetra.

4 Likes

I doubt it will ever be reverted as well because they have that whole toddler thing going for them refusing to revert things when they make a glaring mistake.

1 Like

12-second Photon Barrier that costs 1200 instead of 1500. More frequent, less longevity = more power.

40/80/120 would’ve been a perfect model for the lock-on beam being pushed into the future, had it been kept.

If the primary were the old lockon in a 40/80/120 system, and it retained the shield-draining property that it had now

I think an 8-second cooldown would be better than more turrets, for consistency’s sake.

Just trying to get the turret numbers to be symmetrical is all.

Cooldown notwithstanding. If they added a pocket turret, I think that would alleviate a lot of the cooldown issues we have. We spend a lot of time chucking orbs, 10secs goes by pretty quickly. I think they’d accrue at a quick enough rate while they were spending time idle that it would be the same overall effect of always having a turret handy.

It’s a shame the Devs don’t pay any attention to ANY of these threads… so many good ideas which would solve their problem. Instead they take it upon themselves to try and fix it and simply mess it up again.

6 Likes

Oh, they DO pay attention to threads. Unfortunately when they do this they “Cherry Pick” the best ideas then put them on new Heroes (E.G. Combined Beam was thought up in the Mercy Feedback for Valkyrie, an they gave it to Moria).
I soooooo miss playing Symmetra 1.0 - 2.0 and putting out 6 Turrets and melting enemies that came into a room or under/over a bridge area. An even Pharah was not safe even though she could fly because I was very VERY good at placing Turrets to stop her. :joy_cat:

1 Like

Lmao rip the good old days… like countering a Genji.

5 Likes

At this point i’ll take any buff !!

10 sec CD for one single sentrie is crazy , reduce to 8 sec sym could be way more strong with that little change.
Left Click lvl 1 hitbox is tragic 60 dps is too low BUFF THIS ASAP

That’s the 2 main issues i have with new sym i wish they can fix that in 1.30