[MEGATHREAD] Symmetra 3.0

Besides the horrible problems of Sym 3.0…
Where is the part with “More Skillful”?

Primary Fire -> Longer range, now only for No-Skill Barrier shoting
Secondary Fire -> Faster, easier to charge, no longer involves the “Let’s hit the Mercy behind 3 shields”-Skill
Turrets -> No more slow, can protect themselves, easier to place
TP -> Due to its long cast time and low potential, very little skill compared to old phorton barrier.
Phorton Wall ->
-> Compared to Barrier: No more Pharah/Reaper block cause cast time. To big to aim at something
-> Compared to Shield Gen: No need to protect or hide it. Just press the old buttons wherever you are.

I get it: You cant run around while holding left click anymore. But that was mostly a gold and below thing. In high ranks, her primary fire took a lot of skill and was usually combined with the slow charge slow movement orb. Even in melee.

3 Likes

The flaws we’re obvious as soon as the changes were announced

3 Likes

I just want to point out that symmetra tp cast time is only 0.5 seconds faster then reaper teleport

So it’s really really bad as an escape tool

I mean to be fair Reaper has to stand completely still and can’t attack while he’s using shadow step. At least Sym can still move and fight.

Though I do agree, they’re both bad as escape tools.

1 Like

Well if you do move while casting then you are moving away from the tp and have to run back to it to go through it

And reaper has more hp then sym

Not saying syms is worse but they are very close in power, which is to say none at all In terms of escape tools

1 Like

another thread for this and a bump

1 Like

Might want to add this piece into the thread as well

Thank you very much for that thread, it’s certainly very relevant.

I posted a topic about Symmetra changes that I think would be perfect:

1 Like

I don’t think Symmetra is a hero that should have a direct mobility ability. I’ve added your post to the first post regardless of my disagreement however.

I’m a big fan of the lower Ult cost for more frequent deployments and smarter Turret A.I., but that’s it from your list. :man_shrugging:t2:

Symmetra suffers horribly because she doesn’t counter any Hero, has inconsistent DPS, and doesn’t have any survivabilty. I’ve been begging for Blizzard to add any of the following:

• leave the Teleporter as is, but make it permanent until destroyed or redeployed elsewhere.
  • give her primary a shield-healing effect that triggers only when damaging enemy Barriers.
  • a +50 Shield HP buff.
  • a -2 second reduction on Turret cooldown.

And if I could only have one buff from my list, it’d be adding the shield-healing effect
to her primary. That way, Symmetra would actually have a reason to be picked, as the premier DPS soft-counter to Barrier heroes.

1 Like

And I thought of another buff to Symmetra, a passive, that would go along with her light-construct lore and barrier interactions:

Bend Reality

• Symmetra’s primary fire generates Ultimate charge by damaging enemy barriers as if inflicting Hero damage.

Of course, Symmetra still wouldn’t be able to generate Ult charge while her Wall Ult is up, else we’d be dealing with infinite Walls in a Sym vs Sym matchup. :sweat_smile:

Well, you know that ults don’t charge when they’re deployed usually right? Symmetra has one of those ults. So that’s not a problem at all.

Yup. That’s why I posted “Symmetra STILL wouldnt be able to generate Ult charge while her Wall Ult is up”. :eyes::point_up_2:t3:

1 Like

Symm’s teleporter and survivability are her main issues

I’ve added a few other important threads that you may want to consider reading before coming to the correct conclusion that Sym3 needs help.

I’m so mad that Sym is in such a bad spot. She’s received more sweeping changes than any other hero and she’s in a worse spot than the Syms 1. Symmetra deserves better than this.

But I don’t think Blizz will do anything until Owl starts again and Sym is still not picked at all. And lord knows they’ll refuse to buff a hero until their rework is ready.

Welp. Bring on the Syms 4 I suppose.

1 Like

Symmetra 1.0 was an absolute useless catastrophe. This iteration of Symmetra is strictly better :stuck_out_tongue: That being said, Sym2.0 offered many things that Sym3 does not. And what Sym3 gains, IMHO, is not worth the trade-off. (Before small tweaks, of course.)

That post by Geoff is rediculous -_- “there is no way to increase her damage potential while keeping the lockon” THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE POTENTIAL at rank three she deleted basically everything infront of her the only thing that felt really awkward with the old beam was its dealt tickle damage of 30 at first the only thing that needed a buff was the initial damage not the end potential.

4 Likes

I don’t think 120dps was OP at all, especially considering the heavy stun/knockback/CC abilities in game now that would shut it down.

I don’t think it was taken away based on practicality, I think it was taken away due to image. Too many people thought it was no aim/no brain and wanted it removed.

Ultimately, what it did was punish people who were out of position. Personally, I have no problem with that. You should be with your team, if you’re not, you’re a flanker and she was designed to combat flankers.

Now, I’m not sure what she’s designed to do.

4 Likes