Top500 Junkrat main explains in extreme detail why he needs buffs

Its not a buff, his grenades literaly pass through targets because server side collision is slow on physics, and he is the 1 physics driven primary fire character in this game,

6 Likes

Yes, but I think most people agree that his grenade hitbox has to be increased again, simply for logic’s sake, as they can and will pass through the tiniest gaps sometimes, where even hitscan heroes would hit their marks.

1 Like

Wanted to link this discussion here as well because it has good conversations about primary vs ult.

Edit: lol on mobile I guess it can link to a random reply in the topic and not the topic itself.

2 Likes

Help Junkrat

2 Likes

help junkrat

4 Likes

Unfortunately there was no " how" or " why", but I appreciate finally getting at least some eyes on the question…

1 Like

well… its a start??

1 Like

Yeah people may want to respond directly to him to see if he can get back with more feedback. This is a rare occurrence.

3 Likes

i really do hope it fixes the hitbox issue

Not holding my breath.

It’s got nothing to do with “knowing what you’re doing” and everything to do with having an amazing connection that never lags, the luck of God in the physics engine so that your grenades don’t phase through your target, and beyond widowmaker aim in order to hit anything beyond point blank range.

1 Like

like i said i really do hope that change fixes junkrats primary

1 Like

hey i got forum level 3 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats

thanks inky

PC- Grandmasters: Junkrat is 3rd least picked only above Bastion and Reaper

PC- Masters: Same as grandmasters

PC- Diamond: 4th least picked only above Sym, Mei, and Bastion

PC- Plat:Better but still in the bottom 8 least picked.

I think 6(or are there 7 of us now?) decently ranked Junkrat mains/1 tricks all with hundreds of hours(Thousands combined) on him, know what we’re doing on rat.

4 Likes

While I haven’t seen anyone bring up the “noskill” agrument lately, I was talking to some people in discord and 1 of them said this:

“im honestly surprised how much of the community thinks junk takes no skill, like imo arching shots are just interesting, but in every game I’ve played with them, overwatch is the first one where I’ve heard it referred to as no skill” -apotatomaybetwo

Which baffles me, being that I was unaware of this with Overwatch being my first FPS.

Also another GM Junkrat player I know stated this:
“once you hit GM people stop giving a ship unless they’re toxic as]” - Dizian

Can you attest to this claim Alexis!?

So I came to conclusion that the youner gen,aka the lazier people who don’t think they should have to put in effort, is where the belief of Junkrat being lowskill spread from and players, unwillingly to accept truth held on to this lie.

3 Likes

I hate junkrat. Hate deeply with all my heart .

I wonder why this hero being able to provide so much spam damage don’t even take it from his own abilities? Why he can double jump on concusive mine without any self damage? Why his spam grenades can bounce 3 (!!!) times from any surface?
Can someone explain??

1 Like

self damage made junkrat F tier, if you played junkrat in the early seasons you would know exactly why it was removed

because using both his mines makes him an easy pick, if you cant punish him after hes just doubled mined then thats your problem

ive never seen complaints about primary fire like ever… the bounces arent even that big of an issue because of the small hitbox size

2 Likes

I used to play tf2 pretty much, as a demoman, and I really can’t understand this. Self damage for hero with gargantuan damage output is very fair, at least would make junk player think, should they spam or not.