Top500 Junkrat main explains in extreme detail why he needs buffs

Congratulations that you guys get so high… I was more appreciate if you get so high on Sombra, or Widow maybe… Excuse me for my toxicity… As I said I hate junk with all my heart…

junkrat is harder then sombra or widow at gm because he is so bad, in gm you cant just spam, you need to think alot

bankshots, positioning, tire usage, mine management, leading your shots, shot calls, focus fire ect ect

the most recent junkrat nerf actually lowered his skill floor instead of raising it like they were trying too, if they really wanna make im more skill based they need to increase the projectile speed or just revert the most recent nerf

3 Likes

If we are going to go the “demoman” example - then lets look at the percentage of damage he puts out.
He deals 100 damage with his default grenade launcher
He deals 100-140 damage per sticky.
The highest health character is heavy with 300 hp. (without overheal - could technically get to 450)

So he is dealing 33% of the biggest hp bar in the game PER SHOT.
AND it can crit for 300!!! literally able to one shot the biggest guy on random.

Now compare Junkrat his primary grenade launcher deals 120 damage.
The biggest hp bar is 600 (without using abilities - could technically get to 1000 (winston) or 1400 (hammond)).

Junkrat does 20% of the base hp with absolutely no way to crit.
So at best it takes 5 shots to kill the highest health hero.

Now lets look at their HP,
Demoman has 175 without equipment or overheal
Junkrat has 200

Both did 40 damage as self damage.
it would take 5 hits for either of them to die to self damage with no enemy damage.
In those 5 hits Demo could possibly take out anywhere from 1.66 to 5 heavies.
in those 5 hits Junkrat could possibly take out 1 Winston.

They have the same rate of fire, Demo has faster projectiles and 6 ammo per clip.

Would you exchange weapons from Junkrat to demoman for a crit of 300 with faster projectiles and an extra grenade - so that junkrat damages himself again??
Perhaps he should be able to deal 33% of the highest healthbar in the game per shot (200 =600/3) like the demo.

5 Likes

tf2 and overwatch are not the same game

3 Likes

bump :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spamrat is fine where he is, other heroes are struggling more and it’s because doom/hanzo are so good that other dps are useless

1 Like

No he ain’t, he needs a bit more fixes before he’s fully balanced. Even without Doomfist and Hanzo, he’s still the weakest DPS.

On a side note, I also realized that Junkrat been massively nerfed

If you take a look at the sprays, Junkrat bounty is worth 25 million.

Ashe however, is sitting at 65 million.

WTH, how did Ashe get more bounty than Junkrat who flew across the world doing more?!

Edit: Even McCree worth is 60 million, but that’s also possibly because he’s part of OW.

Roadhog is also sitting at a 25 million.

1 Like

Of course there are others worse, reaper and bastion are below him in GM.
And that is about it.
So you could say he is in the bottom 3 for heroes right now.
that doesn’t make him “fine where he is”.
Saying that shows you don’t want him to be viable.

4 Likes

i never realized the bounty thing

2 Likes

He’s got this “treasure” people are hunting him down for, seemingly not even sure what he has, and he’s ONLY 25mil?

1 Like

at least 1000M :wink:

bump :wink:

Because this is a moving ability. So by that logic you wanna Soldier’s sprint to slowly reduce his health, Tracer’s blinks reduce her health etc?

Self-damage from primary fire and ult is another story, it was removed cuz it made char ineffecient in close range while slow grenade speed made him also ineffecient on long ranges.

Because it’s the slowest projectile in the game? Barring only old Sym’s secondary fire.

3 Likes

this

Just started this toon is a bad man.

Gets to section 2-4… I almost agreed with you up to this point… But saying someone should be rewarded fully for horribly missing…

This is going to sound harsher than I mean it… but you… a GM t400 can’t tell if his mine is close enough? I can and I am total succ at OW…

Agreed on a small speed up

my biggest issue with him is definitely the primary fire, its just so inconsistent and near impossible to aim now

junkrats mine has a 3M range, within 1.8M is over half of the heroes hitbox just for it to do 80 damage.

if it was like 1.3M-1.5 cool thats like half the hitbox, my issue is that it is over half the hitbox. most of the time you just need to chuck in the middle of teamfights because you dont have time to think.

also falloff just made him more inconsistent when it didnt need to be the falloff damage needs to be risen or it needs to have a set damage to lower his inconsistency.

3 Likes

That we can agree on, falloff rewards good play but at the same time it should be reasonable.

1 Like

i think that should be the rule with every hero, it needs to be reasonable

bump :slight_smile:.