[MEGATHREAD] [190+ likes] You just lost one of your top 500 players - everything wrong with overwatch in extreme detail

This is kinda what I mean actually.

Be less whiney, little more sincere, less accusatory, less emotion. While everyone loves a good rant post, something that creates emotion in people rather than exudes it for people is a much better route to take.

the most recent nerfs encouraged spam, not what they were going for

RichC has also recently found a full six-stack group to play with that has reportedly renewed his love for the game. Iā€™d support that, just playing with one or two friends who are willing to play support every twelfth game has immensely increased my overall enjoyment.

I canā€™t really talk much about balance or lore. Blizzard is working their butt off and there are so many polarized opinions that it makes sense why things arenā€™t quick.

I donā€™t know if it was already mentioned in this thread, but I also dislike the lack of possibilities to show Blizzard directly your own creative ideas about OW. At least as far as I am concerned, there is no option to do so.

I would like some kind of creative forum here where the lead designers and writers look regularly into to discuss ideas with creative community members. Would be a nice signal to the community: That Blizzard and its community could form this game together, in creative matters at least (skins, maps, lore, heroes, etc.). :slight_smile:

1 Like

i like that idea, added to the thread

none of my friends play at my rank, and i dont find qp fun all the time because 4-6 DPS teams

1 Like

I love it, and I agree.

Overwatch isnā€™t what is used to be, and that makes me sadšŸ˜­

3 Likes

me too jellyā€¦ me too :frowning:

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t go that farā€¦ or half that distance, for that matter. He can admit that he was wrong? Look at Mercy and Bastion. Weā€™re nearly a year into Mercyā€™s nightmare and one and a half years into Bastionā€™s, and Jeff Kaplan (or any developer, for that matter) has yet to even acknowledge the concerns of their respective playerbases.

ā€œClass character and humilityā€? This is the same person who has intentionally ignored valid complaints to target strawman arguments because he doesnā€™t feel like, or doesnā€™t know how to address the actual complaints.

ā€œGood leaderā€? Overwatch is the first videogame that I have abandoned because I feel alienated by the game itself. Every other game that I stopped playing was shelved because a newer game came along.

There was no ā€œother gameā€ that pulled me from Overwatch. I left Overwatch because it was and still is under horrible management.

What does that say about the person who is directing all of it?

One step forward does not compensate for 100 steps back, nor does it improve the image of the individual or help restore trust in them. Especially not when we consider that this step forward was due years ago.

1 Like

everything added up makes it one major problem, and im pretty over it

1 Like

The bulk of the playerbase is in Gold/Plat yeah?
There is no way players down there bothered looking the Mercy before or during a fight, they just blew their ultimates and the Mercy could literally just be standing in the open or behind a thin pillar still in view, and the enemy team wouldnt care.
Rez was fine, Yā€™all were too stupid to look for Mercy in lower ranks but cried that she was hidding to come rez her team.
It was fine, you were just bad :slight_smile:

also thatā€™s toxic

1 Like

the counter to mass res was not being stupid, dont use your ults before she used res or before she died, only use 1 ult if you planned on using any

Itā€™s funny because it was the pro players that made the most noise about wanting to change that ridiculous ult, i guess they need to git gud. You are just wrong and iā€™m glad Blizzard made the right call, enjoy.

https://i.redditmedia.com/ggKj7CVS2ot7mOMRPKxlaJmr-IcCRXjTIm80v9DdMQI.png?w=1000&s=bce76c27baa2f1cb520c2ec1b16b0069

Pd: Micheal seems like a good guy ,im sorry but its true

1 Like

the pros want mass res back now, this mercy is op (so is hanzo)

hmm no they dont, 20 chars

1 Like

Any source for that?

they have openly said and i 100% agree

Honestly they do, if killing mercy was too hard of a concept for their flankers (who counter her) to grasp then i dont know what to tell you.

No, they dont. Some said they want rez removed from the game, some said they want dmg boost removed

Iā€™m just a plat scrub, but Iā€™ve been thinking about leaving too. Iā€™m sick and tired of Blizzard as a company, and regret every dollar Iā€™ve spent on their lootboxes and even my alt account.

Why did I make an alt account? Because I keep getting destroyed in platinum, and with the sheer amount of angry, throwing people combined with the number of absolutely insanely over-skilled/suspicious people residing there throwing me back and forth. I made an alt so I could fall into gold. Those few matches in season 10 of competitive and season 11ā€™s placements were honestly the best matches Iā€™ve had in Overwatch.

Now, though, Iā€™m back in platinum on that account, too, and Iā€™m once again stuck in Overwatch competitiveā€™s black hole in the middle of its galaxy. Highly skilled people fall down into it, and people who are just skilled enough to rise settle there, before each one try to climb out. Iā€™m sick and tired of being placed with over-skilled people, and Iā€™m sick and tired of being teamed with under-skilled people; this isnā€™t a knock against any of them, because I truly believe I am gold myself, and donā€™t belong in platinum, but I just canā€™t get back to it.

Also, if the problem with that infamous Genji main these past few weeks (or over a year or so, if you, like me, believe other peopleā€™s testimonies) has taught us anything, Overwatch can be gamed frankly incredibly easy. Anyone doubting that people can cheat, script, bot, etc. to ridiculous lengths even whilst streaming in front of an audience near the top of the gameā€™s roster need a reality check. People are people; we want to win, and frankly the notion that Blizzard has somehow plugged the hole where cheats come in is hilariously naive. They donā€™t even want to work on their own lore, much less properly fix released-in-2016 bugs that would require literally no effort whatsoever. What makes us seriously believe their claims that they can stop cheaters at high levels, much less in platinum, where itā€™s much easier to get away with it?

To be honest, this game feels like a bad job now. I check in, I get pissed off, but I wanna stay because I have no where else to go. I donā€™t have a very good computer, Team Fortress 2 has lost its luster for me long ago and has since gone off the deep end of unplayability with a governing gaming company that is deliberately going down in flames as slowly as possible, and now I just donā€™t know what to do anymore.

Can no one be held responsible anymore? Is capitalism so far gone that these grown adults, whether theyā€™re Jeff Kaplan or some developer not in front of us feeding us mis-truths and lies half the time, cannot hold themselves responsible for their own actions and inactions because they really want money? Because there is no excuse for their inaction; this is deliberate. These people work hours similar to what other people in the business work, usually 9-5 or sometimes longer. What else can they be doing but nothing but work-shopping bad ideas, ignoring the good things that heavily involved and invested people in the community want done, and patting themselves on the back and feeling indignant that the dogs donā€™t like the dog food, that their cash cows feel the gall to complain about being milked for no return.

tl;dr: ffs. Just the phrase ā€œffsā€.

1 Like