[MEGA-THREAD] Sombra's Base Movement Speed Changes 💜

It’s not about her damage. It’s exactly that what you want.

But even if they make her completely soundless one shout in the VC, and she has to translocate because everyone will focus her.

2 Likes

I don’t really see the point of this buff. Movement is not a weakness of Sombra’s at all…

1 Like

Not necessarily, they could buff her base movement speed but keep invis speed the same.

I don’t play Sombra, and I don’t have a lot of trouble dealing with her, so I’m ambivalent to changing her.

Carry on with the conversation.

1 Like

Then that would mean they’d have to change the speed on her invisibility which is already really damn fast. She has invis and a translocator so she’s designed to go in far and stay there until she is more easily noticed. That’s what her kit is for. Speeding her up would just be…too much.

If they keep invis speed the same she won’t change speed much. She’ll most likely be just a few seconds faster, but not even that much. If they change invis speed she’ll be zooming across maps.

1 Like

It’s not a weakness for her, but it just a general thought process. Nothing more.

Like I said, I am fine with her damage.

True :wink:

I understand where you are coming from.

You will still notice the difference between the two though.

1 Like

Yeah, there will be a difference. But in reality, Sombra’s invis is her getaway or engagement. If your speed is barely different from your original walking speed then there really is no point. It’s like Soldier, his sprinting his for running or engagement. As an example, if they changed his original speed, too, his sprint wouldn’t be of much use.

1 Like

Again, I understand. I just feel like if buff her overall base movement speed from 5.5 to 6.0MPS

then her stealth speed will increase from 10.0MPS to 10.5MPS (possibly) unless they want to cap it only at 10.0MPS

But I do understand where you are coming from.

Same with Tracer’s Blink and Rewind at one point.
The problem with Sombra’s ‘getaway’ is that it can be stopped by a stray push or bullet.

Honestly think this would be a nice buff to trade for her nerf!

2 Likes

Can we please have this???
I always complain how slow she is without her invisibility and yet this would be a great boon to her without rebuffing her hack!
It would literally only help in escaping certain enemies and getting back to the payload!

1 Like

She does feel extremely slow without her stealth.

I know for me, I mainly use her stealth as a way to get from point A to point B much quicker, while having my Translocator just incase I have to get out a sticky situation.

1 Like

I honestly liked Sombra’s nerf. I don’t understand why everyone wants her to not have it, it’s more balancing for her to have it. It’ll force players to think more strategically when hacking somebody instead of doing it in mid fight.

But in later note, Though Soldier’s and Tracer’s can’t necessarily be “stopped”, Orisa and many of the stun heroes are the reason why speed isn’t changed. Orisa and pull a running Soldier back a couple meters and ANY of the stun heroes can stop Tracer from blinking away and recalling. Getting stopped from invisibility because of a shot to Sombra makes sense. She’s been found out, and if she was kept invisible, that would be even harder for her to even be balanced.

I like this argument though, you have a good point.

2 Likes

I love it to, but the one thing I don’t like is the one stray bullet that was not even aim towards you could mess up your whole plan.

Yeah I see, but it’s still a good thing. Count that as a bug and it can be a full fix.

1 Like

Yeah, but with a movement buff she could get away just a bit quicker from sticky scenerios, should a stray bullet interrupt her abilities.

This seems like they least Blizzard could give her.

2 Likes

True. :purple_heart:

Yeah :wink:

I mean, she still has a bunch of the same bugs she has had since launch too. I’m not surprised.

1 Like

Yeah… It doesn’t help that now we can add LoS bug to her list as sometime her hack will randomly interrupt even though your target is within the hack radius and LoS.

2 Likes

My biggest qualm with the nerf they gave her (after her mini-rework only being in affect for like two weeks) is that the nerf only directly affected Tracer. Other heroes have been unaffected by the LoS + 2 second CD nerf, but Tracer can easily just zip by and interrupt the hack without even shooting you. Unless you get the jump on her in a duel its more effective to just outgun her (provided you’re a better shot).

1 Like

Feels bad I guess :sweat_smile: