[MATH INSIDE] Mercy is statistically IRRELEVANT. HELP MERCY! She's not doing okay AT ALL!

How do you like the idea of improving Valkyrie by making the direct beam target take more healing/damage boost? That’s kind of a burst heal ability.

I get the vibe that they could probably be convinced to kick Valk back up to 60hps.

But the whole point of the chain beams it seems is they don’t want to concentrate the power.

That’s why I came up with that spear idea, which doesn’t really add much power to Valk, but would just be a lot of Fun.

🍢 [Mercy] Spear of the Valkyrie

Realistically, I think there still could be arguments to make Mercy more Fun.

But I think the devs completely ignore multi-rez and removing-rez posts already. And they will continue to do so.

1 Like

I don’t think Mercy mains want an offensive ult, nor does it really fit into her use as a hero.

I don’t think Dva mains wanted missiles, and a big shield nerf. But they seem happy enough with it now.

1 Like

Battle Mercies like myself wouldn’t say no to an offensive ult.

I’d love to spear the genji >_>

1 Like

I think they were already kinda heading in the battle mercy direction with the original implementation of Valk. So I don’t think this would be that difficult to sell them on it.

The problem is that everyone hates healers who take battle vacations and let teammates die, and Mercy mains mostly don’t actually want offensive capacity, or to aim.

That is never going happen.

There are the characters who have have been it worse spots for far long (genji,sym,reaper,soldier) shes not meta for 1 season. Get over it

That’s why you allow Mercy to throw down her staff, and let it provide chain heals to teammates.

Mercy

Caduceus Staff

• Healing increased to 55hps.

Caduceus Spear

• During Valk, Mercy can throw her staff as a spear, dealing damage, and deploying the staff to give heals by itself, freeing Mercy up to go fight.

Ultimate: Valkyrie

• Chain Healing increased to 60hps.

sees [MATH INSIDE]
“UGH BUT SCHOOL WAS YESTERDAY”

6 Likes

Also, Valkyrie already kind of does a dozen different things and just adding more stuff to it makes it kind of confusing.

Mercy was the 6th most picked hero in the last week (more than she should be picked), and still had a 49.98% win rate. She is as balanced as she has ever been. Once lower ranks figure out WHEN to pick her (See GM with her much lower pick rate but 55.95% win rate), she will rise back to the 50.5-51% win rate area where the average hero lies.

Do you know why you were so bad at your “statistical” analysis? You forgot the fact that Mercy has the SINGLE MOST POWERFUL ABILITY IN THE GAME, so she HAS TO HEAL AND DAMAGE LESS THAN OTHER HEALERS TO BE BALANCED.

But alas, you guys will never be happy unless she’s the most powerful, easiest hero in the game because she was for so long. Keep those blinders on though, calling her “F tier” and a “throw pick” when she’s finally in line with the average hero.

5 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4 Likes

Genji…? sis… what
Literally, all those heroes are good in the hands of people who are skilled at them… Dear lort
None of those heroes are dumbed down to not even requiring any skill to pull them off at their most effective… Please put your lack of knowledge aside and learn about how Mercy is legitimately a hero whos value does not go up when your skill goes up… Learn from the other side before saying things as asinine as this, hundreds of people are saying she is in a horrible spot, many not even being Mercy mains, does that mean nothing? (it means something btw)

2 Likes

Problem: Range and mobility was not included at all and that is sort of important.

Mercy is not suppose to have the best raw numbers. She is suppose to be the best at getting Guaranteed healing to different parts of the map quickly which allows her to do more healing in the long run.

While Moira is busy walking across the map Mercy is already there healing away.

If mercy has the best numbers for raw output there is little reason to pick Moria or Ana.

Now mercy may need a slight numbers boost but her raw output is not suppose to be the best compared to Moira or Ana because Moira has low range and low Mobility and Ana can miss

3 Likes

You’re comparing stats for something a hero based 100% around healing and supporting team mates as if they’re a DPS. Every other support is mean to provide support while equally providing offensive capabilities. Even according to your own math, Moira is the only one getting more healing output $and even then just barely$. You fail to consider Moira’s ability to toss out a damage orb, and that dealing a bit of damage and someone else getting the elimination gives Moira the eliminations because of the BS way the elim system functions. $Let’s not forget Moira HAS to deal (primary attack) damage to people in order for her to heal (except her orb which makes 0 sense).$

edits: located between $

2 Likes

No one is saying it’s bad for other healers to be meta. People are saying it is bad for a character to be left in a state where they are bad.

8 Likes

You’re very very smart. I could never do this yet alone have the dedication for it.

I’m impressed, very impressed.

1 Like