[MATH INSIDE] Mercy is statistically IRRELEVANT. HELP MERCY! She's not doing okay AT ALL!

assuming she has teammates giving her a taxi ride, or she uses her ult otherwise moira gets there faster

5 Likes

No, she isn’t/wasn’t, her problem is rez in a cooldown, her healing output didn’t make her a must pick, never did… She had 60HP/s during season 3 (pre-invulnerabiliy mass rez) and she was basically a troll-pick.

TL;DR: Mercy needs 60HP/s.

14 Likes

Look, it’s just a matter of all of her strengths together. Rez can’t be weakened without making it non-existent, Valk is weak enough, and everyone SCREAMS if you touch her movement. Therefore, it’s the healing that has to go.

Right now the meta is Tank/GOAT Meta. Moving around in a giant blob of doom.

Ana and Moira kits are perfect for this meta. They power heal clusters grouped together that is their job. They are not as good at healing mobile DPS jumping all over the map but that is not the meta which is bad for Mercy.

If mercy was doing better than Ana and Moria in this meta there would be problem

I think what still bothers me about her healing nerf was that it was all that she had left.

She was designed to be a pure healer in essence, she does not have any DPS output nor much utility and cant perform much outside of healing, yet they nerfed her. Even then, they made Rez really clunky and hated to be used. They gave a slow reduction to a mobile healer which just interrupts the flow of her gameplay.

6 Likes

I agree with this. Which is why I’ve been advocating some kind of rework for awhile. Rez as part of her baseline kit screams the design is flawed from the get go. I really think the rez is a major reason why Mercy will never be balanced in her current state. If we beef her heals back up, I’m under the assumption she’ll just become meta again. But I don’t think leaving her where she is is good either, you shouldn’t have to break someone’s kit to keep one ability functional.

1 Like

Well, would you prefer if Single Rez was a seperate secondary ultimate with almost no cast time, no slow, but a relatively high Ult charge requirement?

Ana has a lot of utility and cc and can potentially heal more than a Mercy.

Moira has a lot of Burst healing along with damage.

22 Likes

ok thats great, sorry about my comment from the way you worded it it made it seem like it was a coming back from spawn scenario not spread out teammates scenario

Id prefer if I was allowed to Mass Rez with a short cast time (0.8s), no slow and a higher ult requirement.

1 Like

The best part about mercy is that whatever you do well, you still rely on your teammates to do everything better. Other supports aren’t even half as team reliant, neither are their skills like discord, boop, nade and moira orbs.

Almost 800 damage amplified, which is big number for only 1 round of qp and 10minute match but… where are my offensive assist stats? Did my teammates just do bunch of trash damage without securing any kills? (also note how I got outhealed by the Moira on our team, even when I only died 3 times. I even got on fire, near impossible for mercy).

You don’t have this problem with Ana, Zen or the rest. Ana setups the kills and her ultimate is the greatest combination teamwipe machine this game has. Discorded targets will still be slammed hard by Zen himself and take 30% from all sources, even if one teammate is a derp who can’t hit barn door others most likely aren’t.

What does Mercy bring if her ultimate sucks, she gets outhealed by other healers, her damageboost utility is worse than multiple other utilities like anti-nade and she can’t ress often or safely enough to make up for all this? Just pure mobility won’t do it when she can no longer keep up any dive composition, as they take too much damage for her to deal with.

16 Likes

over the course of a match is the key part.

This is because she is able to fly all over the map to make up for the fact that she doesn’t have the raw numbers that Ana and Moria have.

However in the Current meta of being in a grouped blob of big tanks mercy can’t use this strength of her kit while Moria and Ana can use the strength of their AoE healing.

So Again. The current meta favors Moria and Ana’s kits which is why they have better numbers.

In a normal meta when people are spread and more DPS are played Mercy’s value goes up and Ana and Moria goes down

IMO, Mercy wasn’t OP before the last nerf, the other healers were UP and they recived their necessary buffs, they should nerf Mercy only if, even with these buffs, the other healers couldn’t compete with her…

5 Likes

Whatever that dev said, Mercy cannot be the healer with the best numbers. She has utility and Moira doesn’t. If she has better healing too, Moira has no reason to exist.

2 Likes

That’s not fair or true though. Moira weaves in damage and healing and also has all of her healing as AOE healing.

Covalescence is AOE damage + heals.

Her secondary fire is AOE heal.

Her healing Orb is an additional (stackable with her secondary fire) aoe heal which combined together with her secondary fire makes her team VERY hard to kill).

Moira absolutely would have a niche. She is by design AOE through all of her heals in her kit, Mercy is single target.

Edit:

Let me bring up this point of how much Moira heals on even a SINGLE target (way way way way more than Mercy does!)

Moira’s healing (secondary fire) does:

Healing
80 health per second
50 health over 3 seconds (remainder)

80 > 50.

Mercy has no equivalent to that HoT.

11 Likes

If this is about the support patch then I think it’s a lot more meaningful to analyze the change in the comparison between supports than just comparing supports …

1 Like

Right and that niche is Tank and Goat which happens to be the current meta

Even if the meta does shift, people tend to group together which any time more than 1 person is standing in any position Moira’s AOE heal is more effective than Mercy’s beam.

In fact tbqh given Moira has a HoT after her secondary fire AND it’s base healing is higher than Mercy’s makes her dominate Mercy even in single target healing. Multiple target healing is just the icing on the already decadent cake.

Specifically let me bring up the numbers on Moira’s secondary fire:

Healing
80 health per second
50 health over 3 seconds (remainder)

80 > 50.

Mercy has no equivalent to that HoT.

4 Likes

The damage is nearly valueless at the high end. It’s too easy for high level players to completely avoid it or heal it away.

We could argue that the damage is without value on Moira until I pull up statistics on Moira that are real and factual and see:

1395% more elims than Mercy.
1406% more objective elims than Mercy.
1455% more damage than Mercy.
~5.5% more healing than Mercy.

Clearly that damage is NOT trivial. The theoretical Genji/Tracer that cannot be hit by anything probably does exist somewhere, but it’s clearly VERY far out of the norm.

Like these are real stats, and Moira’s damage is non-trivial.

3 Likes