Matchmaking? Small player pool?

1. You aren’t.
  2. Seeing a lot of people saying “oh a Master” because of the name tag thing… Doesn’t mean they are that rank on the role they are playing.
1 Like

But they’re definitely going to have better positioning, gamesense, and aim than me.

There will be a reason they are lower on other roles… Usually because on that role, 1 or more of them is lacking.

1 Like

it wont happen in comp but it does happen in qp so maybe thats what he means. If u watch some top 500 streamers play qp it happens. Or if your high elo try it yourself you can even get new players lol.

That will be more down to people stacking. So still not really a match maker issue.

If they let you stack with anyone, you will get anyone. Teams will still be similar average MMR

1 Like

Are you ever going to back up any of your theories about the magic of MMR?

Seems like you got insider info.

Or you just want to appear smarter than everyone else / be edgy.

2 Likes

Back up? It is literally how it works and they’ve explained it before. Even said they are moving to role matching MMR to soften some of the odd things the highest and lowest ranks were seeing.

2 Likes

dont want to be rude but this is the dumbest thing ive read here in forever. If they matchmaking cant balance premades its a matchmaking issue.

I agree with you in that they’re not going to be the same skill level… but it still feels really unfair. In those games I’m just canon fodder

1 Like

I don’t see Widow or Sojourn OR Mercy on the enemy team so you couldn’t have been having that bad of a time

i never blamed the matchmaker for any losses or wins, it’s just a bad matchmaker. im not 12 like you bro, i don’t base good or bad off of my success rate.

It’s not just matchmaking. They’re rigging in-game parameters like hitreg prio, re-scaling hitbox sizes and throttling the i/o to smooth out teamfight results so everything feels inclusive and engagement. Except it’s backfiring, and engagements just feel like total stomps one way or the other because the DDA code is terrible for gamers and gaming.

People see it as just matchmaking that’s broken, but there is more than meets the eye. Behind the scenes they’re putting in new kinds of rigging, so it’s not just SBMM but EOMM and DDA, as well.

1 Like

Can you share a replay code? This is usually a sign of major staggering or a tank problem.

And yes, the match making has been horrible in OW2.

I’ve been seeing alot of the same names playing QP on the PS5. It makes me wonder if anyone on playstation even bothers to play Overwatch anymore.

90% of the time that it’s either stomped or stomping. Very rarely it’s both teams doing extremely well.

I left my name in to show who I was on the team. Not sure where the issue is. And how is it healbotting? I was Mercy until round two. And Moira clearly out to do other things.

Matchmaker is awful.
Im literally an unranked player and Im getting matched with Grandmaster and T500 challengers enough times to be noticeable.

this is all the player base wants ,

6 Likes

Used to see that all the time in OW1. In OW2 most games seem to be over within the first 5 mins. The rest of the match is just going through the motions.

Combination of both. There’s not enough players and the MM now takes the first 10 players regardless of MMR/elo to speed up queue times which leads to 9 out of every 10 matches being stomps that are clearly over after the first fight.

Because you barely did any damage. You’re support, you’re not a heal robot. And yet, that’s exactly what you did. Support, SUPPORTS, does damage, heals when necessary. Not stand on your team, and do nothing but heal. Which is what heal botting is. Just doing healing not helping out in any other way.

1 Like