Matchmaking is rigged

:+1:

4 Likes

Can you explain why this proves the game is rigged?

2 Likes

I wonder if they secretly know exactly who is bad and/or toxic. Then why not seperate them instead of using them as a weapon to ruin matches?

1 Like

Iā€™ve quit as wellā€¦for about 2 months nowā€¦had quit for about a year before the current season. I was wondering if MM might have gotten better, because that was my main complaint. But of course, itā€™s only worse. The devs are just psychopaths running the asylum.

1 Like

There probably is some insidious psychology at work here, having to do specifically with players acquiring new accounts and buying cosmetics for those new accounts. The OG Overwatch accounts already have all of the cosmetics that now cost thousands of dollars to obtain on a new account.

The developers are just normal Joes working for a paycheck. The psychopaths are the producers, of whom are beholden to the board members, of whom are beholden to the shareholders.

Definitely still entertaining, but in more of a ā€œhow can it actually be this badā€ sort of way, lol. I donā€™t even try to carry the potatoes anymore; Iā€™ll fire up a Youtube video on my phone while the pendulum runs itā€™s course. I donā€™t need to watch the trolls ruin matches.

Iā€™ve seen that movie enough times to know how it ends; Iā€™ll have a small fraction of the next lowest teammateā€™s deaths, and the opponents will have 4 times the amount of available ultimate abilities as a result.

1 Like

Win a game. Get a game WHERE EVERYONE ON MY SIDE HAS 0 KILLS THE NEXT.

THIS IS A JOKE AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

WHERE ARE THE 10 AVOIDS BLIZZARD? WE NEED THAT NOW AND WE NEED MORE THAN 10

3 Likes

HEREā€™s a NEW FLASH:
RANK does NOT = SKILL

Well Joe #1-35 or whatever better make my dang game feel good when everything Blizz does tends to make the game less enjoyable for someone. They take one step forward and 5 steps back when it comes to the player experience honestlyā€¦

It can still be flawed and unfair in how it reaches that goal though.

Letā€™s say I put a plat MMR player against 5 masters/GMs one game with bronzes and silvers for teammates, and then I put the masters/GMs on his team the next game with golds and silvers on the enemy team. Thatā€™s 50/50 right there, but is it any kind of fair? Nope.

I think the benefit is in the fact that when a player goes on a losing streak, they feel they need to grind games to try and make up for the losses. I definitely fall into this trap. And for the most part, itā€™s miserable.

The funny thing is that I would play the game regardless of win loss streaks, but it would be much more enjoyable if I didnā€™t have to face horrible forced losing streaks.

Honestly, itā€™s surprising that thereā€™s still people disputing the forced 50% win/loss factor. Understand that the game is different if youā€™re queuing with friends who are competent (as opposed to playing solo), or if playing on Smurf accounts without all the bad stats racked up while learning the game. Personally, I have worked my way into top 500 a few times, but it is ALWAYS followed by the most ridiculously rigged games imaginable (most frequently highlighted by the Genji one trick that racks up 20 deaths while on a mission to be the first person dead every single fight and single handedly forces a loss. Then I avoid him and he is magically replaced by a similarly flawed idiot the next game, and the next, and the nextā€¦).

Yeah, my frustration level is finally maxed out. Lots of promising shooters on the horizon that I am ready to devote my time to. It was fun while it lasted Overwatch, but your lack of respect for my time is finally at a tipping point.

2 Likes

As an OG gamer whose probably been gaming longer than anyone here (I grew up playing Atari, and if you donā€™t know what an Atari is, I win), and I remember a time when this was not the case, and I can tell you that multiplayer was MUCH more enjoyable back then.

1 Like

Also, they used to have the 5 wins thing (or whatever it was) before ranking up as a way to keep players engaged.

Iā€™m not saying they did this, but it would be easy to make sure you lost a game or 2 when you had 4 wins, just to keep players playing to get that last final win to rank up. I definitely would play just ONE more game if I lost, so I could see my rank change. And then maybe just ONE more again if I lost. and maybe ONE more, until I finally win, then see my rank change and log off.

1 Like

do you mind giving codes for a couple of the unwinnable ones? i like watching other gameplay and Iā€™m assuming youā€™re higher rank than me.

but I feel this even in quick play. i had a day where I won like 11 games in a row and I havenā€™t been able to get that back since.

:heart:

2 Likes

based. thank you for the content Iā€™ll eat lunch to when I get home c:

1 Like

yeah, and not only that, but if youā€™re a junkie like me, once I finally win one, I feel like I better see how many I can win in a row to make up for the losses before I turn my Xbox off, lol. The struggle grind is real!

3 Likes

I also share many of my replay codes here:

:smirk_cat:

1 Like

ohh this looks neat! are people from all ranks there?

2 Likes

Yeah right now itā€™s mostly an Open Queue server we have a lot of the highest ranked open queue (EU) players in that serverā€¦

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

awesome!! Iā€™ll probably jump in, Iā€™m always looking to learn and improve where I can, or just find other people to play with. itā€™s hard out here for a lowly bronze :disappointed:

1 Like