Matchmaker is RIGGED

That’s obviously an option, as I stated before.

It doesn’t matter if gold or plat is not a “high tier” for you. There are people that don’t have a place in anything within or above the bell curve. You don’t want any golds in your diamond or masters match, so it should be understandable that we don’t want bronzes in OUR elo as well.

I really don’t want to mock bronze players, but if you can only shoot while standing, don’t know the map, the meta or the hero roster, even silver is not the right place for your gameplay.

Its not about me
Plat is simply not higher tier. You have low ranks, ranks in the middle and high ranks. Plat is definitely not considered as high rank.

2 Likes

Don’t try to strawman here.

Edit: I literally didn’t say “high tier”. I said “higher tier” in relation to bronze players. You know, because Gold >> Bronze.

Smurfs climb by buying fresh accounts where you gain a lot more SR and MMR varies a lot. Once they lose their winstreak it becomes much harder for them to climb. Even GM smurfs get unwinnable games. The difference is that when you have a fresh account and you do very well, both your SR and MMR rises a lot. When you don’t have a fresh account and you do really well, your SR only goes up by 20~30 SR but the MMR goes up significantly making it unnecessarily hard to get out of a given rank.

1 Like

Of course not, i had only issue with you saying plat is high rank. If anyone would read it, easy conclusion from it can be bronze in masters. Which is not the case. Bronze skilled player can get lucky on new placement and be plat for a while. Because placement system on new account is like 50% skill 50% luck. But bronze skilled will never be on Masters or Diamond account for example unless boosted which is rare. I just wanted to clarify this.

I blame placement on new accounts mostly. But it is still not do common, usualy i see like 500 less skilled players in their ranked accounts. Anything higher is more rare.

Smurfs often derank first so they stop gaining a lot sr, they will be stopped by using your logic playing better=harder games. Smurfs climb easy even on old accounts so your logic fails again.

Yes they do, so what? It doesnt mean they are not climbing. I can lose half games in silver or gold and i will still climb with high plat skill.

No it wont, your MMR goes up significantly only if you are performing consistently super well and then you will be gaining a lot of sr because SR is trying to catch your MMR.

If you play well, you will climb. If you are not, you only think you play well. But you dont.

Btw, is this your only account? Which rank? Are you stuck?

2 Likes

Do take a break, MMR can misalign which results in usually unfair matchmaking or other issues related to the MM.

A few days off the game will do you good mentally anyways plus it’ll fix the misalignment.

1 Like

It’s not rigged just manipulated and broken.not the same thing.

2 Likes

Honestly most GM players I know will tell you that no game is unwinnable…

You definitely have 00.00 proof as to how much MMR increases per win.

2 Likes

Because Blizzard refuses to release their formula for their MMR.

1 Like

Correct…

Why should they make their intellectual property public?

This isn’t Tesla…

2 Likes

… it’s always sad to see people defend something so vehemently and ignore anything that doesn’t fit into their opinion.

Making the MMR formula public wouldn’t make their intellectual property public.

Nice strawman.

1 Like

im endorsement 1or 2 but i made it from bronze to diamond

You mean like how the people who think it’s rigged do the exact same? They defend their theory no matter what and ignore anyone who dares disagree as either trolling or paid off by blizzard.

2 Likes

What benefit besides exploitation of the ranking system would come from reveling the algorithm?

Do you understand there is a legitimate difference in how players play between gold-plat, plat-Diamond, Diamond-masters, masters-GM, GM-T500?

Please bare in mind that the exponential growth curve doesn’t even start until GM.

1 Like

Another strawman. Contrary to your claim, there’s plenty of evidence that shows the hidden MMR is extremely flawed, highly unfair and purposefully pushes one towards a 50/50 win/loss rate. It punishes actual players who develop their skills over time, as the MMR will continually create matches to ‘keep’ a player in a specific rank that it believes that player should be in, regardless of their current skill. In essence, calling it “rigged” is, while not exactly accurate, does still describe it.

Also, just an FYI, you attack that theory regardless of what others say, so how are you any different?

Can you actually prove that it can be exploited? Because unless you can prove wiithout a doubt that Blizzard releasing their hidden MMR can be exploited, this is mere speculation that you must prove.

Strawman argument. Do you understand that people can legitimately get better at a game and play at higher levels than when they initially started at?

Please bare in mind that is your opinion that doesn’t affect what is being discussed here.

1 Like

You are not entitled to climbing, unless you are actually better than your rank.

1 Like

It’s true, matchmaking is rigged with MMR

So if you are barely below your “true rank” then you won’t hard carry. But if you truly are better than your rank, and you play a lot, it will even out and you will rank up. And trust me, the people who complain about rigged matchmaking are high enough level that even if they were only 200 sr better than their rank, it would’ve evened out through through the 20% of games that their skill difference shows. There are level 800+ people complaining about this, with countless hours in comp, and they expect people to believe that they are better than their rank despite them clearly not taking advantage if the winnable games because of their supposed “skill difference” from their teammates.

Yeah it’s really not. If anything you’re simply ignoring the flaws of people you agree with simply because they fuel your own confirmation bias.

2 Likes