Matching isn't "better", it's WAAAYYY worse

Yeah I’d say their are two reasons people struggle to rank up. Not teaming up with people. And not communicating in games. If you can team up with others you’ll have a massive advantage so long as you’re both semi focused.

2 Likes

I’d say it is almost a requirement for you to have consistent games at least!

Duoing at the very least is a huge advantage.

Back when I was garbage at the game, (I’m still garbage now, but I was garbage then too). Duoing was how we got out of low ranks into somewhere where we could learn the game.

Low ranks is inconsistent as hell, so learning while there is super hard. Getting out of low ranks is the best way to get the tools to get you out of low ranks (which hopefully people can see is a problem…)

Anyway Duoing for the win (literally).

4 Likes

i noticed that too. there’s always one support or one dps way better than the other one, or you get good dps/supps and a tank who couldn’t tie his shoelaces if his life depended on it…

1 Like

Yup. Every game I play feels like my team is four plats plus one high-bronze player lol. and I mean EVERY game

2 Likes

Honestly, after getting team-killed 3 times in a row, I’m not leaving the spawn. There is no reason to ever have more than 5 deaths in a match. Part of that is just stubborn stupidity for even leaving the spawn in the first place. The stomp matches are less than 10 minutes long anyways, just take damage when you need to and go retreat back to spawn so you don’t get booted.

2 Likes

Big ooof, where do people get off on being that bent out of shape over a videogame?

2 Likes

My toughts exactly. I have a very different experience than those guys.
I feel like I can influence the result of most games. Of course there are those ganes here and there, but usually I have a fair chance of winning if I play to my full potential.

You should see the posts the mods remove :slight_smile: People get REAL angry over video games.

2 Likes

I mean, tilt and being angry at the game itself… that’s one thing. Giving people in-depth descriptions on how to top themselves? Takes a special kind of sociopath to do that.

4 Likes

Yeah, it is weirdly regional. I’ve NEVER seem as much anger as I’ve seen from the states servers. I think there is a very real way you could measure stress withing a society by how people treat each other in games.

Even the OCE is kindness and light compared to them, and we have Australians.

Personally, I think it is just people having things break in other parts of their life, and them bringing that to the games they play.

But that is just the ramblings of an old man I guess :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, despite them saying they fixed it, my match quality has been worse this last week or so.

2 Likes

I’ve found it weirdly better.

I suspect that the problem has moved around rather than been stomped out.

1 Like

Prior to ow2 i noticed a fairly consistent 10-10~ cycle.

Id win most of 10, then id immediately lose most of 10.

Now these streaks seem to go for about 15~ matches. And the degree of how 1 sided they are is notably worse.

https://imgur.com/a/t19QT2P

Matches like this feel far, FAR too common now.

2 Likes

I’ve been seeing a lot more people in my games on either team who are being completely outclassed.

Poor guys barely managing to get a single elim while someone on their or the enemy team has over 20.

5 Likes

That doesn’t sound good.

I wonder what it will look like in a few weeks, once the matchmaker has people settled down.

But that isn’t a good thing to see.

1 Like

I got bad news, this matchmaker thing is not a recent phenomenon. It’s been going on at least 1.5 years. Only recently have more people started to finally notice

Here’s one of dozens of my own topics and posts I made a year ago regarding this:

1 Like

You know you can talk to someone who gambles and they will say the same thing about random outputs right?

Peoples perception of random, and what random actually is, doesn’t match.

2 Likes

The law of averages will bail me out eventually, Robot Wizard. Gambler’s fallacy. Pff. Kids have no idea what they are talking about.

1 Like

The difference is, gambling is pure randomness

This game is not rng, it requires skill and performing and there’s objectives to do. The frustrating part is no matter how good you play, you will still lose if it’s your turn to lose.

And if the cycle is done and it’s your turn to win, you can hard-throw and still win because matchmaker rounded up five bronze/console players for you to crush and put GM players on your team

I was thinking more that runs are MUCH more common in random numbers than people expect.

What is random doesn’t feel random, so you have this weird thing where games have twisted generators to make the game feel more like it should.

This has been happening since Civ (and before, but that is the easiest example)

There is an RNG element with team members. But here is the thing, it is RNG, not “the matchmaker has it out to get me!”

See this is not happening.

1 Like