Matching isn't "better", it's WAAAYYY worse

Blizz, you said you “already” implemented some changes? Wrong direction… somehow you made matching waaaaaaaayyyyyyy worse… and it was already HORRIBLE. Comp is a truly, truly miserable experience

26 Likes

Every single match is like this

https://i.imgur.com/rLTBJBy.jpg

After taking this screen shot I had three more where our team had 3 to 5 kills max and enemy 50 to 60 (I always manually count)

so soon matchmaker will flip and it’ll be my turn to hard-stomp a lot of times

15 Likes

Same. For me, this season, it’s been nothing but me being the worst player on my team by far, almost every match and everyone hates me, tells me to kill myself, give up, uninstall, find a roof and walk off, stop purposely throwing, there’ no way you could possible be this bad, if god had to get rid of one person it would be you, you’re easily the worst overwatch player I’ve ever seen. Yet last season, it was great, I won 59% of my matches and hit Gold for the first time. This season, I’m Silver 4 and every person I play with truly wishes I would literally die on the spot.

Thanks Blizzard.

10 Likes

Just go play quickplay until it’s fixed. I may hate saying that because it makes it more competitive. But honestly if it’s so bad go to a place where it’s not as big of a deal.

1 Like

For every one-side game that gives me braindead players I’m reporting both sides. If I can’t have good normal games then nobody will. The absolute WORST POSSIBLE PLAYERS EVER AND I KNOW IT’S POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO GIVE ME PLAYERS AT MY SKILL LEVEL. ENOUGH OF THIS 1 VS 5 NONSENSE FIX YOUR GARBAGE GAME ALREADY INSTEAD OF TELLING LIES

4 Likes

Its literally the same thing in quickplay!

get hard stomped 4x in a row
hard stomp 4x in a row
get hard stomped 4x in a row
hard stomp 4x in a row

Your personal performance doesn’t matter.

It’s just matchmaker taking turns and saying “it’s your turn to win/lose”

14 Likes

Except without the weight of caring about a rank. A loss isn’t a big deal when you can just queue up for a new one right after.

When literally 80% of daily and weekly challenges revolve around getting wins in casual modes to progress the limited fomo battlepass, it does matter

Id argue ranked doesn’t matter as much anymore because the freakin ranks aren’t even visible in matches anymore

2 Likes

I got all three of my daily’s yesterday in one game. One quickplay game. I’m roughly low plat.

In what way, without feedback saying the problem, it is hard for them to fix it.

It is more games with people outside of ranks, is it worse queue times?

The devs need more to work on here.

Could it be that many in here aren’t as good as they think they are too?

3 Likes

The stompyness isn’t a “thinking as good as they are” thing.

If they are complaining about that, it isn’t them. After all if they are stomping as much as being stomped, then it isn’t a skill problem.

I think there is problems in the game itself, which makes it more stompy than it should be.

But they are hard to fix ones.

It was why when DPS had speedup on a elim, I was arguing it should be on an elim on their own team, rather than making it so a pick was MUCH more likely to lead to more picks.

The issue we have is once you start winning, you get SO much in favour of keeping on winning.

The next fight, you have ult, positioning, and tilt advantage, and typically less of your team trickling to deal with depending on rank.

This makes the game more likely to produce a stomp even if the teams are even.

1 Like

You’re reporting people because they are being forced into matches where everyone is a higher skill level? You think it’s fun being the worst player on the team? You think you have it bad??? But you’re punishing the people who have it worse than you do. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve read this week.

Yeah, that’s what I did for 1.5 years… I guess I’ll just go back to it.

For me, I’m just getting put on team after team where I’m the worst player on the team by far and everyone tells me to kill myself every match. Last season was normal and fun, and I won 59% of my matches and hit Gold for first time. This season, I’m on teams with all alt accounts and they are shocked a (now) Silver player is in their lobby and they pray for my death continuously via text chat. All I do is apologize, ask them who they want me to swap to and promise I’m trying my best… But of course, unless I actually kill myself, nothing I offer is gonna make them happy.

Not sure what that means, I don’t remember every saying or thinking I was good. I did enjoy last season though, I was “good” in the matches I played in at my skill level.

If that was the case then I’d get some of them on my side.

Yeah I was gonna say, quick play matchmaking is broken as well.

4 Likes

It’s impossible for anyone to prove, but almost every game my team has one player that the rest of the team is supposed to “carry”. I know the scoreboard doesn’t tell the full story of the game, but it seems every game there’s one teammate finishing the game at like 4-18 with 3k dmg. This typa stuff rarely happened in OW1 ranked

5 Likes

It sounds like you have had the influx of new players, and you have improved.

The problem is of course, you are now playing against people who are better than before especially if the matchmaker is working, so your win rate of 59% wasn’t going to keep going.

The game put you into harder and harder games until you hit 50%, but also, your MMR and SR will keep going up until you reach that point.

Welcome to higher ranks, sadly. In lower ranks people know they are not amazing, so they tend to be more “chill”

As you get close to plat, people start taking the game more seriously, and they tend to be more toxic.

Once you get into Diamond, the toxicity starts going down again (at least it was for me) - because actually remaining chill is a skill which helps people win games.

I REALLY wish they could fix this, but it is hard to make your community chill. It CAN be done though. (See FFXIV for an example of people doing exactly this - it is chill even for MMORPGs).

I wish I could give better advice there, but the problem isn’t you, and honestly, while the matchmaker isn’t great, it isn’t the matchmaker trying to put you in with bad people.

2 Likes

Oh god, no one wants to play with me… I wouldn’t wanna ask anyone to do that, it’d just be horrible for them. I just wanna be able to play with and against people at my level like it was literally all of last season. This whole “being the reason we lost” thing is about as unfun as it gets… I’ll just play QP until things get better. In those matches, if I suck, no one cares, and I still end up in plenty of matches with people at my level, too, where I tend to actually shine a lot of matches.

Why? You seem nice. If you are in the OCE, I’d be happy to duo.

By the way, that is the real answer to all of this, teaming up… since, in many ways it ties the matchmakers hands :wink:

It can’t team you with bad players if you pick your team right?

2 Likes

I truly appreciate your encouragement and kind words, and everything your wrote.

2 Likes