Mass Rez Never Returned

Oh, we’re starting with the whole cult nonsense again? So 2017, but I’ll play along because I’m a sucker for nostalgia.

Now, where can I find a Genji main to sacrifice to our goddess angel?

Listens intently for cries for healing

You didn’t have to play that way, you chose to.

1 Like

Its coming back as a pve talent. I know shocking but at least in pve it will be fine to use.

1 Like

Jeez. I’ve seen a lot of posts about mass Rez recently. What’s that about? We’re sort of pumping a dry well here.

If op is genuinely just talking about mass rez: I wonder why it’s in the popular conscious again? If you’re just looking to troll the mercy mains: might I suggest complaining about super jump? THAT discussion will really put us in a frenzy.

1 Like

it started when the rework occurred many years ago, and it has continued ever since…sometimes a bit more actively, sometimes less, but never really stopping

Ohhh I remember those people who got me suspended twice from the forums for disagreeing with them, including that infamous youtuber who went into adult content…yikes.

1 Like

Complete bull. You won’t be able to find a player who mained Mercy in GM who didn’t hide for mass res. It was the optimal strategy

What?? Never heard about that.

yikes is that what happened to them

I’m still baffled at people who don’t understand why mass rez was broken as all hell, single rez NEEDED a casting time to gate its power, just imagine it being unhinged and AoE

not to mention people saying that hide and rez wasn’t the most optimal way to use it, you’d be healing all or most of your team to 100% hp in less than a second, no wonder they didn’t care if the team lost a healer for a couple seconds, the enemy would burn their ults and then your team was back in full force

again, high ranks didn’t really incur as much in hide and rez because of tempo rezzing but they still did it quite a bit and trying to deny the fact that it was the best strategy is honestly preposterous

Because it literally WASN’T useful. The devs had to buff it several times and even then the only time it was good WAS for the SR exploit.

Mercy’s picks are nowhere as to where they are now when she had Mass Rez. That shows how bad it really was.

I’m glad it’s gone because she’s in a much healthier state-though I will never take back saying the rework itself was handled so INCREDIBLY poorly.

I swear people mix up her 4 rezzes from Valk 1.0 and claim that’s how MR was. And people seeing how easy it was to just farm up POTGS-those who actually cared about that.

It created an influx of bad Mercy players-while Mercys who played since beta never needed to do this tactic (instead mostly being yelled at by teammates to hide and threatened to be reported if they died with MR-love how nobody EVER brings that up…)

MR was negligible because the “big rez” could be avoided with basic staggering.

Painting it as the OP thing that ruined the game is hilarious because we’ve seen how lackluster and weak it was.

The only time it was optimal for a gameplay standard WAS in PVE where there were no spawn points. So again very likely it (or an iteration) will be back as part of her talent tree.

5 Likes

I remember watching a certain streamer named after a seabird ranting about a Mercy hiding and rezzing. When she actually died during the beginning of the team fight and respawned then walked back to point and rezzed by the time the fight was over. I stopped watching him after that because his whining about Mercy got really annoying to listen to. Many people blamed him for the Mercy rework since he had tons of mindless viewers/followers parroting him. Given the whole private discord thing I don’t doubt they influenced the rework becoming a reality. Especially since said streamer talked lots with devs on stream about the rework.

From what I’ve seen on the forums since the rework happened. It’s most definitely the latter the topics always seem to be the same format as well. I’ve seen so many topics like this that basically say the exact same stuff. It’s either trolls or people with issues who just can’t let go of their hate over mass rez even though it’s long gone.

6 Likes

What I don’t get is its like everyone has collective amnesia and forget this, all I can think is gas lighting convinced people that it was a thing. MR was never good at ANY point, it was annoying sure, but it was never good and you were better off as ANY other healer.

I just wish people were honest about it just being annoying, it was changed because it was annoying, you know what they do with OP things? They nerf it, MR was changed because it was annoying not OP, why is this so hard for people to figure out?

6 Likes

Case and point, I don’t think Mercy was meta from the time Ana was introduced until her rework, except maybe VERY briefly right before her rework when the whole SR exploit was an issue. In fact, before her rework, I think she was only really meta right at the very beginning with double Mercy/Tracer/Winston.

Annoying? Sure. There were times where I got annoyed by people trying to Mass Rez. I wasn’t out demanding it be eradicated from the game, though. As I said before, there were far simpler solutions to fix that, if that were Blizzard’s intent. I don’t believe they wanted to fix it. I think they just wanted to get rid of it, and were waiting for a convenient excuse.

7 Likes

Again I think it’s people who saw how 4 Rez Valk was and assumed that MR HAD to be like that but somehow worse?

If anything 4 Rez Valk showed that Tempo Rezzing was most efficient and effective than MR could ever be with its flexibility.

People who didn’t play the game when MR was around just thinking it was worse thanks to Mercy “big rez” complications or “hiding spots” videos on YT. And then that with broken Valk kinda create this idealized version of MR.

While those who hated it from the start will never admit that they probably also yelled at their Mercy to hide if they had Rez-or reported them for dying with it.

3 Likes

No, thats the forum discord

The mercy discord is another one

1 Like

Theyabused to to gain sr,hide and rez was not a good strategy for the reasons i states above

1 Like

I mean we can clearly see from Season 2 and 3 to Season 4 how her picked spiked from 15/20% to upwards of 40-70% after the invulnerability buff was given and that exploit found (especially since she was sitting at like a 15% at the end of season 3)

And now you still have to hide or die, since you still got nothing for your team to withstand burst damage.

Which I enjoy. When you got nothing to use against burst damage, let alone ults, you hide, when enemy team uses it. Not die like a fool.

And for me it’s way more fun, than evading enemy bullets, knowing, that it’s for nothing and teammates are dropping dead anyway.

If there is anything new Mercy gave me, it’s sense of hopelessness. She still got nothing to counter bursts with, and she can’t even counter ults anymore.

I wish said “tempo rez” worked for me, but it never did - resurrecting few teammates always ended with rest of them being killed and team getting overwhelmed by numbers. As it was only thing preventing enemy team from spending their ults, if they start losing.

Yeah not like having the enemy waste multiple ults was valuable or anything !! /s

1 Like