Mass Rez is never coming back

Current Mercy is more fun than old Mercy.
Doesn’t mean current Mercy is fine though :slight_smile:

I really hope Mass Res stays dead.

8 Likes

It have been along time since the rework are people really still want it to return? Mass rez was broken and will be impossible to balance if they revert it, people need to get over it, the current is more fun.

2 Likes

mass rez game play was terrible.
there is no point to bash out all the issues, they have already been covered 100s of times. I don’t see anyway it’s come back.

Some total Deus ex machina like reset bail out of teams that died. Replaced with rez as an ability that punishes lame 1vs1 life trading tactics and pick off kills with no team work fallow up.

So we moved from bailing out teams who all died to punishing poor team work teams. It’s fine. Hopefully with the reworks on the way for all the other support and Mercy’s healing knocked back a bit we start to see a wider range of supports being played.

1 Like

This forum has a lot of unhappy Mercy mains.

4 Likes

Again not a lot of people use the forums either in regards to everyone stating that Mass Rez wasn’t healthy. So you can’t use that argument to defend your point that it wasn’t healthy either. Same with play style and how “it forced the main healer to hide and use Rez” which is also a false accusation as well because Mercy players have plenty of footage where they don’t do that.

2 Likes

That is a false statement. I can’t count how many times that hapened to me in game as an enemy and as a ally aswell.

You do know that Valkyrie wen’t to the trash bin before the game even came out right? They just revert her back to a state the devs considered as, apparently, so bad that it was removed completely.

Now we also know the reasons for that. It’s more unhealthy to think that old trash is better than something which was proven to be far better for the game health.

5 Likes

Unless you’re a dev, OP, you don’t know that. Maybe if devs communicated more instead of ignoring the 100k+ posts the megathreads have created, the abundance of Mercy threads would slow down.

5 Likes

No he isn’t, there’s a ton of players who prefer the way Mercy is now.

1 Like

Old Mercy was a thousand times better, sorry. All she needed was some tweaks.

That’s true, that’s quite telling. Even the devs thought that Valk was a mess before it was even a thing. They should have stuck with their gut feeling.

5 Likes

(I’m not sure if that’s directed to me. So sorry if not.)

Well… I’m not a dev, but we know that they had Valkyrie in early development and that they removed it is confirmed by the existence of Resurrect Mercy.
And if dev’s remove something that early in development… That can only mean that they saw too many flaws in that design… Flaws which are still very apparent.

But okay, they also had a far more experienced and better dev team at the beginning of Overwatch.

1 Like

Probably, valk is bad.
Mass Res was still bad though.
Plenty of people on both sides, the forum has alot of Mercy mains though.

They need another rework not a revert.

3 Likes

Can we pin this comment permanently on top of all forum posts regarding Mercy? lol

1 Like

Maybe. But we still had a balanced Mercy with Mass Rez once, and we have yet to see that with rez on E.

1 Like

You got me buddy. I really hid.

2 Likes

Circumstantial.

I’ve seen some threads where people have actually thanked the Overwatch team for something, or perhaps are posting suggestions or ideas or perhaps even having a general discussion. Many may come here to complain, but not all do.

Who’s to say that many aren’t that satisfied either but simply never use the forum?

Actually some of us want a rework where mass rez is reworked and brought into a more balanced state than it was prerework.

a plain revert wont fix the issues and if we make valk a watered down e mercy would have a mid fight ability that actually flows well with the rest of her kit.

1 Like

Old mercy was much better than what she was after the reworks nerf. The rework made her incredibly powerful and even more fun to play. And then they nerfed the reason they changed her in the first place, mobility and being a front line healer.
She slowly reverted to a “Stay in the back” hero. Blizzard is really bad at what they do when it comes to nerfing and fixing characters.
I made a post about how they could potential make rez fun again. But as is, she’s boring and unfun to play. And over all my accounts I have a good few hundred, maybe even thousand, of hours as her.

If the old mercys ult was sooooo op, then why didn’t you just nerf the amount of ult charge she got over time? Rather than COMPLETELY CHANGING HER CHARACTER.

3 Likes

hes not the only one i like how she is now too

2 Likes