Mass Res Will Return | 10 Reasons Why

This, I think there’s an understandable fear that if Mass rez came back, that it will be exactly how it was back in 1.0. I’m pretty sure that they know well enough not to just release mass rez without any modern tweaks. Either way, it can be done.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that, but hey! Thank you for sharing your views nonetheless. :blush:

If I remember, the old beams were thicker than the new beams… But I’m not certain. Was that the actual reason for the change? This is news to me lol

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Yeah just like flying doesn’t mean the earth isn’t flat amirite?

The new beams are so tacky and horrible… One looks like Spaghetti and the other looks like used rope.

No.

The devs stated that they had no plans to revert her.

They haven’t stated that Mass Rez is off the table.

They are tiptoeing around the idea because they’ve admitted that Rez is core to Mercy’s gameplay.

Developer Comments from September 19, 2017: [While] resurrecting downed allies is a core part of Mercy’s gameplay

Because they mentioned that Rez is a core part of her, they [the devs] keep the idea that Mass Rez coming back alive along with how open-ended the term “revert” is.

Somebody has pointed out that Mercy is now currently reverted to her Alpha stage now-therefore making their original statement moot.

People have also pointed out that after the devs stated that “she was in a good spot” but she still got a nerf. Even though, yes that was months ago and ideas can change; that idea can also hold true to the former of not reverting her since that statement was made long before the “she’s in a good spot”.

The devs contradict, and almost double talk in a way when it comes to heroes.

“Ana’s fine, she’s just a victim of the meta”-and then she gets several changes after people constantly stating that not being meta=/=trash tier.

I’m just waiting for a dev comment to either retract the statement of Rez being core to Mercy’s gameplay; or that a new rework is in store.

This and this:

I’m sure you’ve seen it. Of course, they could change their minds in the future, but I’d estimate it’d take at least another year to get around to it, IF they even want to.

It plays into the OPs patronizing tone.

What do you mean?

I have my own interpretation of the science, it says earth is flat.

Doesn’t matter what the rest say, right?

Wasn’t that quote said a few months before they gave Mercy another change; a nerf?

Easy there man. People like things in a game, and hate things. This person hates them. Just let them say their opinion

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
Almostward

1 Like

Well Jeff said he wanted to put to rest the idea of a revert. And clearly a revert has nothing to do with Mass Rez. Stuff changes right? Why does it matter what they said before she was nerfed? You don’t care about what was said in other situations, so why care about that?

Or… Selectiveness? Just choosing to acknowledge what supports your agenda?

See that seems likely but clearly you’re right, right? We don’t know why, but you’re right. So… I unno.

DM! MASS REZ YAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIII.

That quote you posted is old, and funny thing is that they nerfed Mercy 1 week after that comment

1 Like

But, WoW would have more variety of skills across the board, right?

You have over dozens of skills and access to far more healing skills on one character that effect a huge party of people which means greater chance of survival and less often need for a resurrect compared to Overwatch that is extremely fast paced where you are not as often locked in place for casting abilities.

If Mercy had access to 12 healing spells of different kinds then of course having resurrect be a rare resource would make sense.
Mercy has a gliding to team mate ability, a pistol, a damage boost beam, a healing beam and a resurrect, her ultimate ability is doing her normal stuff but “better”. For the msot part she has a 50hp/s beam for healing and that’s it. So it is kind of tough to compared WoW with Overwatch for resurrect because of

• Pacing
  • Amount of Skill a single character can possess

Resurrect being difficult and really rare to use in Overwatch could only be done on an ultimate where it is earned, especially if they don’t intend to give her a bunch of extra healing skills to make it worthwhile on a E where it needs ult punishments and you could still add a greater cooldown to it and still have it need to have an ult punishment.

1 Like

Ikr. So funny. It’s nice that we can hold them to what they said regarding a nerf prior to that nerf. It’s also nice we can ignore everything else they said if it doesn’t fit our agenda.

I love picking and choosing what the dev’s have said to actually care about. So fun.

Edit: Ooops, my bad, almost forgot.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of Crispy Bacon.
Quest :blue_heart:

1 Like

Me comparing to WoW is supposed to emphasize that comparing to MMORPGs isn’t really viable. People have tried “other video games” and “MOBAs and MMORPGS” as vague instances of mass rezzes.
Not to mention that battle rez isn’t even allowed in PvP content like arenas. It’s mostly a PvE thing.

Hey all you kids. Please.

Give me another game that has a mechanic like Mass Rez. Dm what kind of game. Just list them off. Let’s see what other games, and if they are “FPS” “MOBA” “MMORPG” or whatever they all are.

List em off.

What other games have a Mass Rez type mechanic?

Darth brought up what they did in regards to me asking basically this question. If you gonna respond to what they said on it, at least provide towards what caused them to say that.

Man you need to chill. You are getting a tad bit passive aggressive for a simple chat on some forums

https://steamusercontent-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/865115089902776524/6978BFE5D55F8A2C0D609D700F6F53664B518C50/

Bionic Pulse. Dirty Bomb. FPS game.

(All but one medic can revive, the later can self revive.)

Do i get a cookie?

2 Likes

There’s reasons for why I am expressing myself how I am. Those reasons have been explained at length.

You saying “chill bruh” achieves nothing. This isn’t even me tilted. This is me just memeing on fools. Want me to meme on you?

Nice thank you.

How did that work in Dirty Bomb? I haven’t played it myself, but I have heard about it. Could you expound?

That basically sums up the past hours in this thread.