Man, this experimental is brutal to Mccree lol

MOBAwatch, CC is king now

…is…is this not what y’all wanted…

Y’all pined for this for MONTHS :no_mouth:

1 Like

He was unplayable trash and you lying about people picking him does not change that.

Here are the times when McCree has been non trash: 70 damage fan, 35 meter falloff, .42 fire rate, and 225HP. All four of those changes were huge changes (and 2 of them basically broke him and the game) but those changes are the only times he had viability. You can argue he was D-tier and not F-tier when they temporarily gave him a boosted FTH but that largely only was true for lower ranks and had no real measure on the higher ranks so he low status at higher ranks was a constant.

This is my biggest concern, I’m all for McCree not just holding down fire and eliminating the battle field at practically any range, but I’ve already been seeing Mercy + Pharah/Echo more and more BEFORE this experimental patch.

they dont understand what this nerf means… give it time. they will come crying asking for buffs bcs pharah will take over the game up until masters where you can have a good widow in every team. In 2-2-2, only 2 heroes can swap to widow and diamond or plat barely has any decent widow. Pharmercy will just destroy them.

1 Like

I’d like to point out that fall-off nerf or not, mccree will remain far better than sym will ever be at long range. her orbs are simply that poorly numbered:

please look at the math above to see how bad (inconsistent) orbs are. the rotten cherry on top is that they deal 120/(1s charge up + 0.25s wind down) = 96dps which is lower than a bodyshotting mercy pistol (100dps) let alone comparing to other damage hero weapon fires.

you mean the thing with >2s TTK on people while most other weapon fires have like 1~1.5s TTK on her?

the only mobility in the game with 2s wind up and is 100% telegraphed because of that + how it’s only mobility between 2 static points on top of a guaranteed >=10s down time unlike most mobility abilities that go on cd immediately to tick away in parallel to them making use out of it? :expressionless:

1 Like

I would much rather have 30% damage at far range than 200hp McCree, 45dmg FtH, a flashbang nerf, or his falloff start at 15m

Hey, we finally agree on something :sweat_smile:

It was going to inevitably be one of those. The fall off change is definitely the best for the hero.

2 Likes

What I meant to say is that right now cree is absolutely not a threat at 40m. If instead they went with 20-50 falloff range and 30%. He’d behave nearly the same up to 39m (two tap up to 32m, 3 tap up to 39m) and from then it’s diminishing returns

:laughing:

Hey, in all fairness, this is one thing I didn’t say couldn’t be changed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Do I get a cookie? Are we friends now? :laughing:

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s the point.

2 Likes

I never disliked you though. You’ve always been reasonable which is more than can be said for a lot on here.

Also I do have some cookies…You can have one.

But only one.

2 Likes

Its my time to shine.

LMAO I’m sorry, are you saying he wasn’t banned every other week in OWL?

Are you about to make that claim?

2 Likes

When OWL had bans he had a .42 fire rate which he does not have right now so try again maybe with a more honest claim.

I try to be reasonable. Though, most don’t see me as reasonable when I shoot down most of their nerf suggestions, thinking I want heroes to be OP :laughing:

I just want the right nerfs, that’s all :blush:

You said he wasn’t picked.

He was banned every other week because he was picked as much as he was.

Don’t change your goalposts.

2 Likes

I said the only times he has ever been picked is when of 4 things are true. Having a .42 fire rate is one of those 4 things. He does not have that now (nor does he have a 70 damage fan or 35 range fall off for obvious reasons) so my goalpost has been constant and you did not understand it.

Go back and check my post where I list the 4 things if you doubt it as I have not edited it at all.

I don’t understand where the confusion is.

I said that he was banned every other week in OWL (because he was). You said that he was unplayable trash and I was lying about people picking him.

So then I asked if you were making the claim that he was not banned in OWL when he did not have those things (he did not have 225 HP and I don’t believe he had the higher FtH damage), he was still banned every other week for being so highly picked.

So if having one of those 4 things helped him be viable, then that’s the majority of the game’s lifespan of him being good. He’s almost always had at least one of those things you listed.

It’s changing the goal post because it went from “he was unplayable trash and you’re lying” to “he was viable then”.

3 Likes

Non hitscan players (esp non dps mains) have been complaining about hitscan for a long time. Can guarantee you they’re gonna be wrecked by Pharmercy in matches and then complain that their hitscan aren’t killing them. It’s just a circle with these people. Now that hitscans are done, they’re gonna move to another thing to complain about.