Malavento is underestimated

I mean, since I barely play workshop or DM, the new map is kinda underwhelming…

Cause FFA maps don’t need much balance and won’t need to be changed for 5v5

Where the heck are you playing in? Antarctica? My FFA queues are like sub 1 min, maybe 2 min at most.

Lmao I remember that place being a dumpsterfire when OW was first revealed.

2 Likes

Because Main Mode maps (Quick play and Competitive) are being BUILT specifically around Overwatch 2 PvP. But you clearly didn’t pay attention to that detail when it was discussed heavily, several months ago. Multiple times.

Overwatch 2 Maps have SIGNIFICANTLY more natural cover and more flank-routes because of the limited protection teams now have with one Tank.
Enemy plays Widow Pharmercy, you have a Hog or a Ball or a Zarya, congratulations, you are dead.

They cannot add the Overwatch 2 PvP maps into Overwatch 1 PvP for this reason.
However, Deathmatch maps do not care for the balance changes and new heroes in Overwatch 2’s PvP updates. This is because Deathmatch maps are Arcade only, which is 99% of the time non-competitive, and are a Free-for-All typically.

Prett did absolutely nothing in this reply-chain to be blocked. I’ve always respected you, Moira. But you’re the :clown_face: here. The :upside_down_face: is typically used online to refer to a disgruntled smile, similar to typing “smile” in chat. It’s not a genuine show of happiness, rather, it’s the opposite. A sarcastic way to say you support the thing being discussed when you clearly do not.

In this instance, Prett is being snarky, presumably towards the Overwatch Team though I am unsure as to why.

They did not do this in any way, shape, or form.
They even apologized for accidentally upsetting you.

3 Likes

It is a bit unreasonable to get upset about it tho

We already know there’s loads more coming for the main game eventually, why get in a twist over it?

Enjoy what you have now, enjoy whatever else you get, enjoy a different game in the meantime, whatever. If you care that much about the content then you’ll be back when it drops, it’s only a matter of time you know? Be patient

I was just trying to indicate that we had literally gone over why they were doing stuff for FFA and not the main modes in the comments beforehand :confounded:

2 Likes

I am not upset about the map, I was speaking for the others who were being targetted

1 Like

Malavento and workshop are overrated.

Nah Malevento is actually awesome. Looks like a lot of fun.

And the Workshop is one of the best additions to the game. So much creativity and fun modes to be found there.

2 Likes

Not if it brings a Reaper skin :pleading_face:

I will take the reaper skin, get some polish, shine it, make it super sparkly, then walk down the catwalk feeling like 10 million dollars

You two replies didn’t need any smiley because they were serious. Using those is implying you’re taking your interlocutor for a clown.

1 Like

And it is only going to get worse now with the region locks.

Who? Never heard or seen this hero :thinking:

1 Like

Psh… The king of spooky :ghost: and his season is coming very soon

1 Like

I can use emojis in my posts regardless of whether or not I’m being serious :smile:

Gotta add that you have an oddly familiar writing style. Eh, it’s probably nothing…

You can but smileys are as precise as words and their employ is therefore following a “grammar”. Misusing them is like misusing a word.

Uh huh, and I use them as precisely as I can. In this instance the upside down smiley perfectly encapsulated how I was feeling when writing those comments, so I used it! :grin:

So you were being sarcastic and therefore took your interlocutor for an idiot. thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Well, I give them the same sentiments. People around here are ungrateful Neanderthals!

1 Like

I can already hear the reactions if Moira or Reaper get a skin over Doomfist/Widow/Sombra for the new map

though I really hope neither of them do cause if they get a skin for that challenge, I feel like that means less chance of a story challenge for them lol.

No, I would not use the term “sarcasm” to describe my emotion in those comments, nor would I say I was taking them for an idiot. Unreasonable, yes, but not an idiot. You are most welcome for the clarification.