Malavento is underestimated

don’t use emotes that are implying I’m a clown just because I’m defending people who are upset that we get another arcade map

then accuse me of “being unreasonable” bye

4 Likes

Any map would please workshop modes.

Meanwhile people who actually play the MAIN game arent gonna be too thrilled

1 Like

I don’t know what it is about the upside down smiling emote that leads you to think of clowns but okay.

It was intended to represent my current feelings and speaking tone, not my opinion of you. I’m sorry that I made you feel that way :+1:

3 Likes

Halo’s forge mode came out 10 years before OW was even released.

Workshop has brought me a lot of fun times and long may they continue, but until a real map editor is allowed, nothing will top playing Trash Compactor, Jenga & Duck Hunt on Halo 3, or Speed Halo & Fat Boy on Reach.

Oh yeah, isn’t Halo 5 the first to get visual scripting in 2015? That was a mistake on my end.

I feel like even if a map editor actually happens it will be kinda too late for anyone to care.
Majority of the playerbase already plays the game only for the main modes and only what happens there is what matters.

2 Likes

the community would make blizzard sad with how fast they produce stuff. They have a snails pace they need to keep to.

How DARE you insult forge mode like that!

But lets look at it this way, the small portion of Workshop diehards shouldn’t be catered to cause “majority rules”? The motives behind people playing OW is so diverse. Its a massively diverse game with many options. Blizzard shouldn’t shrug off the portion of players that play niche modes.

Deathmatch is quite popular and the maps and layouts are quite distinct from the main modes. So having new deathmatch maps is a great thing for Workshoppers and DM players alike.

1 Like

Blizzard has already catered more than enough with every patch containing workshop additions even when barely anyone plays it. The workshop has gotten more changes than the actual main modes.

It is actually not popular. It is not really played by as many ppl as you may think. Even during the ffa comp mode it was near impossible to find matches.

Laughs in instant queues

7 mins was my shortest q for it.

You’re the one being unrealistic. It’s almost certainly made for fast internal iteration and testing by less technical parts of the dev team. It just happens to be very usable to other people, so they released it to all of us.

That doesn’t change the intend. It is no secret that blizzard was trying to cash on TF2. OW alone is a copy of it.

1 Like

Blizzard once again doing the absolute bare minimum. Nothing innovative or even fun…hope is dwindling.

Workshop still isnt perfect like the main modes. Right now the main modes are balanced well enough and has more content than a lot of current shooters. The main modes are technically complete until OW2.

Workshop is technically still in its infancy. Plenty more things to add to it. Hell, only this month we got an actual custom game browser.

We still need solid objects, platforms, more effects, AI integrated into more heroes.

And main modes have gotten new seasons, over a hundred cosmetics, one hero, 2 entire lore books and short stories, plenty of balance patches throughout its “maintenance mode”.

I think you’re right there, though I’m not an expert of Forge post-Reach. I don’t think either 4 or 5 shipped with it on release (and it looks like Infinite won’t either?), it’s a bit of a letdown how the mode has been sort of side-lined by 343i.

Giving the playerbase the tools to create their own modes within the game should be the ultimate goal for OW (and any other game). It’s one of the easiest ways of maintaining a long-lasting & self-sustaining community. The MOBA genre owes much of it’s existence to Warcraft III’s community editor mode.

Halo’s custom game communities on 3 & Reach were still thriving long after Bungie/343 stopped caring about the two games. OW’s custom game community is doing very well for itself, even with a lack of a map editor and a scripting mode that’s fairly unfriendly to newcomers.

Giving more power to the community in this instance is never a bad thing.

5 Likes

Rockin that tf2 subreddit energy :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Its funny, took me a whole year to learn the ins and outs of Workshop scripting without prior coding experience. Boy was it rewarding when I finally made a complete gamemode.

Buying keys 61 ref | Selling keys 62 ref

1 Like