Make the d.va bomb hackable

i tried to boop that thing with lucio, bad mistake mate

So, what would hacking a detonating D.Va bomb do?

D.va bombs are avoidable, the only time they can get a lot of kills is when it punishes bad positioning, or a charging rein getting cocky leaving their team exposed.

Yeah, just steal someones ult seems fair.

Backwards thinking right here is unreal, how about i hijack snowball too? Or Pharas barrage and send it in the other direction.

Sounds fun? Not only deny someones ult but using it against them and there team is a disgusting concept btw.

that would be pretty dumb

its a projectile utlimate, its like hacking tracers pulsebomb or meis blizzard

1 Like

People like you are why sombra doesn’t get buffed.

1 Like

If you think the right way to go about buffing Sombra is to allow her to steal somebody’s ult then that’s far from correct.

She needs her kit and damage buffed, not having her become actively oppressive like this.

Take no notice of OP btw.

I saw them act up like a 12 year old in responce to you, have every right to your opinion.

D.Va gets already countered enough by hack.
It turns her into a big and helpless pile of juicy ult charge for 6 seconds.

Also it would be way to easy to hack the ultimate in most of the cases and it is already one of the weaker ultimates in the game because it is very easy to avoid.

Just think of it this way:
D.Vas Self Destruct is a result of overloading the reactor of the MEKA and as soon as it is triggered, there is no way of stopping it from blowing up because the chemical chain reaction in the reactor is already happening.

1 Like

That makes sense, I mean, if Sombra hacks it while it’s thrown in air, then it should just not blow up right? Then again, it will be easy to get every time due to how long it takes to explode so they would have to make it blow a bit faster to even it out maybe.

1 Like

No problem if you make it controllable in flight like a rip tire

Nightmare fuel…

1 Like

Though I like to think of D.Va’s self destruct as being a nuclear chain reaction, given the laughable explosion characteristics of the bomb (tiny radius and easily avoided by hiding behind light poles and palm trees), perhaps even calling it a chemical chain reaction is probably being a bit generous. Maybe that is why OP thinks hacking it should magically shut it down, if not change its colors (“for the lulz”, no doubt) and kill D.Va herself and her team. :unamused:

1 Like

Theory: If there are a lot more of possible choices for sombra to use hack on, then heroes like Doomfist and Hammond have less to worry about it ruining them.

1 Like

D.va bomb is the easiest ult to avoid in the entire game. If you can’t move out of the way or get behind a shield, you deserve to be killed by it. That’s my opinion. And yes D.va is my most played hero overall so I may be biased, but I stand by my opinion.

2 Likes

Great idea /s, lets make one of the easiest ultis to avoid and one of the fewest ultimate kills per game into useless pile of garbage if enemy team happens to pick sombra. Because nerf detonation is 3 seconds and sombra hacks in 0.65 seconds, it means a dva bomb could never be used as long as sombra is in the game.

How about no? Dumb nerf idea is dumb.

1 Like

If people get worried sombra will hack their bomb, then use teamwork, interrupt her, people expect to do things alone without repercussion in this game?

There are already plenty of counters to D.va bomb. Zarya barrier, any shield, trance, walls for crying out loud.
Sombra already has the strongest ultimate in the game. It’s a little bit like giving a giant a bigger club. Good idea in principle, but it would take an already easy to counter ult and make it a complete joke.
Also, lore-wise, you can’t stop the chain reaction within the reactor in D.va’s mech. That’s why its explosion is so powerful.

Not all maps have poles! #notallmaps

Interesting theory, I like the angle. This would definitely up the situational awareness needed to play Sombra at higher ranks. It could let teams coordinate around Sombra a little more, but it seems like too much of a cost (an ultimate) to counter something relatively trivial (an ability on an 8 second cooldown). Also, D.va bomb is already weak compared to many other ults. If it were hackable it would make it a complete joke if they had a Sombra. As said by Nere below you, bomb takes 3s to go off, Sombra hacks in 0.65s.