Make Brigitte Fun Again

This is less about balance and more to do with the fact that, as a Brigitte main, she feels less fun to play as she used to. I choose to main Brigitte because she was this frontline, brawly support hero that kinda fit a paladin archetype. I love using her flail and barrier.

Now, I feel like a Whipshot/RP bot. Yes, I’m sure there are plenty of people that love this specific version of Brig. But I’m speaking for myself, as a person that has Brigitte as their favorite hero. It doesn’t feel good when I can’t play my hero in that brawly way anymore.

No, I don’t need any advice to “learn to play your hero”. The, “Oh you can’t just mindless attack so you don’t like Brig anymore”. No, please stop typing. I’m a Diamond support that actually likes her old playstyle for the fun factor.

I would love if Blizzard moved Brigitte back to this design instead of fousing on her long range abilities just to get value. I would sacrifice her peel, anti-dive, and Repair pack potential just to be able to be that tanky support she used to be.

40 Likes

Drop :clap:t5: stack :clap:t5: packs! :clap:t5: Bin the whole ability if needed :ok_hand:t5::ok_hand:t5:

11 Likes

the game is less fun since her release so delete

7 Likes

Blizzard REVERTING the problem?
Never, how could they!?

7 Likes

Someone’s still hurt over Brig 1.0 aka Raid Boss Brig, OPAF Brig, Pincer Brig.

I’ll admit, I drank the tears of all the Tracer and Genji mains and it was salty. Put it in my ramen noodles.

16 Likes

I used to think Brigitte should go back to being a frontline character but I always think about it over and go like, she is a support. So how about we need her peeling but in turn make her more able to frontline but not be the frontline like in goats.

In Brawl She Can Frontline More, but in a mirror brawl she has to play further back to not get overwhelmed.

With Dive she shouldn’t be able to frontline. With Double Shield She Can Assist The Frontline and backline.

Other comps just depend

1 Like

Yesssssssssss. This. Repair pack sucks. Either rework the thing again or remove it and replace it with a new ability.

2 Likes

No. Rework.

1 Like

Yep a rework would be nice where she can live in melee range for a bit since she is a melee character.

3 Likes

and yet an entire style of play still isnt viable because of brig.

1 Like

What style? Dive? Because…it was just here a bit ago. Idk where you were

4 Likes

Given that they are in a 100% “Rein or Lose” meta, and Brig being a strong AntiDive force that DoubleBarrier can use, makes Brig a roadblock towards fixing the problem.

I say, they fix Tanks, and give Brig a “solo-queue friendly self reliant brawler” playstyle, and scrap her AntiDive.

If that upsets the 1/1000th of the playerbase that cares about an AntiDive focused Brig. So be it.

Devs can’t afford to be not fixing queue times, and matchmaker quality.

5 Likes

I feel like the fun argument is subjective and very much open to interpretation and personal preference, but I have to wonder if the only way she is “fun” is when she is overtuned and busted like she was when she was released. Fun to play, but not fun to play against.

I’m sure she will be fun to play in OW2 PvE though. I think she is fun as is, but I think other heroes are far more fun to play.

1 Like

i mean lets be honest fun means highly successful and winning. so shes not bad atm. i still win games with her but she isnt as fun as before tho :upside_down_face:

I think you’re completely right.

Brigitte right now feels too dependent on her team (too much even for a moba game) and she can’t even hold her ground against what she was designed to counter… Sure one diver or 2 is fine but against a whole dive team she stands more change.

Every other support got a way to survive and for her it’s her high hp and healing.

I don’t think her old self was balanced either but the current one isn’t the answer as well.

I think they need to do 2 major things.

1. Shift away from healing. The game lacks utility support anyways, and considering her armor was what defined her on release (Sure her survive ability is unique as well but Zen also relias on damage for survive ability, her armor is the most unique part) I think she should be able to use it on normal ability as well and not just ultimate. If she does too much healing that’s fine- reduce her healing for team members while keeping her self healing considering she needs the survive ability and give her some armor back. Like 14 healing per second for team members and repair pack gives +50-75 healing +25 armor.
  2. Try changing her hp a bit. 200 hp+50 armor was too much because stuff like fan the hammer or overall dps had some troubles killing her. 150 hp+50 armor is too little because now Winston can dual her and win. Why not trying the middle ground and going for 100 hp and 100 armor?

I just feel like the devs don’t even try their changes or think about them too much and just nerf/buff without understanding what are they doing…

True fun is subjective but I think there is room for improvement that does not suddenly change her into a raid boss. I think people are jumping the gun thinking that a more brawl reworked Brig will be crazy strong like launch Brig.

1 Like

Dive was just here. Just because it wasn’t the og dive doesn’t mean it wasn’t dive. You add more dive heroes… You get a new dive. You don’t like the old dive heroes (dva), you get a new dive.

Brig isn’t a roadblock to anything or any one . Plus as you said

Aka the only people who play dive or brig consistently

1 Like

Thanks to role lock that’s impossible. Brigitte’s kit must fill the healer’s duty.

…unless you are willing to move Brigitte to dps.

…or tank, in the latter case, you should just play Reinhardt.

1 Like

I think some of the people complaining about Brig not being fun are also the same people who spend a lot of time on the forums and aren’t happy with anything ever. I don’t know that a rework, revert, etc. will even satisfy them at all.

2 Likes

She does. Just like zen or lucio. She doesn’t need stack packs to heal anymore than lucio or zen need mercy beams

3 Likes