[Main Thread] Console LC-208

What platform are you on?

I also got in. I logged into my original account on my Switch, which worked first time, then tried my PS5 again and…yeah.

I’m glad the PSN bois can get on at least haha

I’ve had no luck on any console yet, tried my account on the PS just in case but still get LC-208

Really sucky bug which now seems obviously linked to account merging?

1 Like

I play on the PS5 homie

This error is most definitely related to account merging. Nothing to do with wifi connectivity.

2 Likes

Yeah I got into the game first time I booted it up, it said something about confirming the account merge and to close the game, so I restarted it and haven’t been able to get in since. That was back on launch day.

Getting this after disconnecting from a game and cant get in. Cant wait for a longer comp ban, thanks blizzard

Yep hour comp ban.

1 Like

Anyone on Xbox getting in? That seems to be what the remaining LC-208 errors have in common. PSN getting in and Xbox not

I’m on PSN (PS5) and haven’t been able to log in all day.

I was under the impression there is a 365 day cooldown to do that…

If you relink the same account there is no cooldown

1 Like

This just started happening to me today, been playing since launch and had minimal issues till now.

The game worked fine for me when it first came out but ever since the first “ maintenance “ i keep getting the error in middle of comp games ( only comp ). After a game on the second one i get disconnected and can’t connect for hours. It’s one thing to tell us to wait but giving me an xp penalty and timed suspensions make no sense, i been playing comp since 2017 quickplay isn’t fun. I’m now on a 10 hour suspension because blizzard can’t keep a stable server, can’t level up my battle pass but they happily took my money. I’m disappointed in blizzard for this one. It happens on both consoles btw xbox series s and ps5.

I was finally able to log in!!

So I’m currently on PS4. I used to have Overwatch on my old Xbox One which was sold away. I only played for a little bit before switching back to PS4. So I disconnected my xbox live account from my blizzard account when OV2 launched.

Today I logged into my friends Xbox One with my xbox live account and it worked!! I can play on my PS4 now!

So what I’m thinking for everyone else still struggling is maybe try logging into every console / PC that you’ve played OV1 on and reconnect everything. Maybe it will work for you as well.

It’s sucks that I had to do so many trial and errors to figure this out with no help from blizzard. But I hope any of these work for everyone else still here!

I have the exact same issue. I’ll be playing fine, and then just up and kicks me with the Error LC-208. It does happen mostly in comp, but I have had it happen in Mystery Heroes as well. It tends to happen 3 or 4 times a night right now, though I can get back to playing usually within a couple minutes, but I can’t rejoin games at that point.

1 Like

I think this is the best solution for everyone here. Everyone should try linking their accounts to every console they have played Overwatch 1 on onto just one account, that way the merge can do its thing properly and will allow players to bypass LC-208. It’s funny how Blizzard is taking so long to figure this out but it only took us to find out the problem. Really says something about this company and its tech support.

I only have PC and Xbox accounts, did some linking process back in OW1. Still using same accounts but I haven’t played on pc in years, going to try to unlink, install and boot up on pc, then relink to see what happens

I’ve only played on Xbox. Installed it on my PC to try and see if I could get in, but couldn’t. Unlinked Xbox, tried again, same result. Never played on PSN before, so I have a feeling there is something between Xbox Series X and the servers that it doesn’t like.

Trying to remain optimistic. Happy y’all could get in :sunglasses: