[Main Thread] Console LC-208

My account was merging from playstation 5 to pc and now I just can’t login on both platforms. On pc it says nothing and makes me re login but when I do it just does the same thing, and on playstation it says error LC-208 login error. Just earlier it was working fine and I’ve renewed my ip and everything. It’s not an internet issue because I reset my router and I’m able to login on a different account. Crazy how I can’t play a game I got. Any help?

3 Likes

They finally replied to my ticket after 4 days of waiting and told me that I would have to contact Playstation for a refund and then gave me a copy paste answer about checking my router, ps4 (im on a ps5), and isp… I responded thats its an obvious ACCOUNT issue on their end and NOT a hardware issue…. Now waiting on another response (wonder if it will be another copy paste response?)

Going on 11 or more days of not being able to play the game on my account that I have had and built up since Overwatch 1 launch in 2016… Shameful…

2 Likes

They could care less at this point. There’s too little noise coming from the few still dealing with this issue. They clearly just want to sweep it under the rug. Anyone who still hasn’t been able to log in, I can almost guarantee at this point that your account was somehow lost in the merging process. If the latest update proved anything, it’s that Blizz has moved on from us. Time to move on from them.

1 Like

Does anyone feel like Blizzard is forcing us to make new accounts in order to play the game? Maybe that’s why they are ignoring LC-208 and making excuses such as calling it a “symptom”. I think they are blatantly ignoring this problem and that the only way we can play the game is if we make new accounts from scratch…

1 Like

Just did a refund request through the Xbox support site. Took a little digging but the form said they’ll let me know if it is refunded within 72 hours!

2 Likes

Day 12. LC-208 still. I just wanna play this game with my progress and skins from OW1! Please Blizzard! Help Us!

4 Likes

This is my third day of this stupid blizzard end bug (and its there end not ours like they seem to keep making out) I’ve been able to play up till then so this will keep happening to people until they fix the bloody thing. I feel sorry for them that have had this from the start, its a disgrace from this company, sort you self’s out!

2 Likes

same issue here, can’t connect on ps5 with LC-208 error
I tried on Pc and it’s the same
Everithing work with my dad account on PS5 and PC
It’s seem my account is “blocked” and i don’t know why…

Been getting lc208 on my ps5 for about 10 days now. I’ve since gone on holidays and in the air bnb was an old Xbox. I logged into my old Xbox account which I’ve tried to merge with my ps account and I was able to get in. It had successfully merged my ps and Xbox accounts and I’ve been able to play for 2 days now. Idk how or why this has happened by I just hope I’m able to log in on my PlayStation at home.

Keep us posted be interested to see

It took less than 10 hours for Xbox to approve my refund. Watchpoint pack was purchased by me back in June so I’m thankful Xbox did it anyways.

Hopefully I’ll get to play in the future but for now I’m saying bye. Good luck all! Hope your LC-208 errors go away

4 Likes

almost 2 weeks now… i hate them

2 Likes

My sons are on day 12 of LC-208 and can’t play OW2 with me and the refuse to acknowledge that and address so I can play with my sons! Not only that but they are going on 2 weeks of premium currency lost due to this error, and the only sorry they post they’re going to give is a free skin and charm no one really wants and 2x Battlepass XP weekends which EVERYONE who has a battlepass already GIVES, WE NEED ANSWER BLIZZ… how can I not play with MY FAMILY?

1 Like

Day… uh… lost count honestly. Every day I’ll do a few attempts and always get LC-208’d on PS5. Randomly today decided to download it on my PC and see what happens. Get put into an infinite log in loop where I’ll log in, it’ll tell me it’s connecting and then entering me into a game, and than ask me to log in again. No errors, no crashes just… forever logging in.

If I had one criticism of the game so far, I’d say it’s that the music is so quite when trying to log in. It’s they could turn it up a little bit maybe. I think that would help fend off the nihilistic dread that, while all my friends are playing OW2, I can’t, and I know when I can finally get logged in, they will have moved on to other games and I’ll once again be stuck playing a game solo.

5 Likes

This is in response to my ticket

Your ticket has received the following response:

Greetings

Thank you for contacting us about the error “LC-208” in Overwatch 2.

We are aware of an issue where some players are facing this error, especially on console. Our teams are working relentlessly to resolve this, and we have already deployed multiple fixes.

Rest assured this is one of our top priorities, and we hope to have more news to share soon on our forums below:

well i hope they’ll fix it soon…

Exact same thing has been happening to me. I was able to play on launch day on PS5 but now I’ve been getting LC-208 on PS5 and the login loop on PC :frowning:

I’m trying to get a refund on the Watchpoint Pack but MS are saying it’s been too long since I ordered it to process a self-serve digital refund.

That’s because I’ve been waiting for Blizzard to sort this ****ing issue!!

So now I’m having to try and get hold of an actual human being who can understand the context of the refund request. This whole experience has been absolute **** and has really soured the game for me.

That’s gotta be cap, coming from them.

Yeah, I got the same response :confused: Word for word. I wish I could rest assured that it’s a priority of theirs, but my pessimism wins out. My hope is for a maintenance tomorrow that gets all of us in with our old skins and what not. Unfortunately, I doubt it. Then, of course, the further it gets from launch the more likely they don’t address it. We just have to accept that OW2 is a gym for the jocks and we’re just a bunch of fat kids :joy:

1 Like