[Main Thread] AUS players on High Latency Servers - May 2023

Australia/NZ clients being put into Singapore servers perhaps once every two or three games. Is this intentional?

If i wnat to play with 120 ping I would force myself onto US west

14 Likes

Yep - aus servers must be broken again. Blizzard, can you please put a notification up that says the servers are down so we don’t queue. We don’t want to play with 120 ping. Ever. Why create games where everyone is just leaving and joining over and over.

Do something intelligent about this issue. It’s always been an issue since overwatch started. That’s how old this issue is and how nothing is being done about it.

3 Likes

This seems to happen every second update at this point. I remember S1 we were also being put in Tokyo based servers.

2 Likes

inb4 Blizzard tries to blame us for this like they usually do.

2 Likes

Happening again. What a joke.

3 Likes

They broke it when moving to Google servers in OW1 then after people complained it was fixed until this week.

Probably some “smart” engineer didn’t realise why it was configured that way and undid the fix.

3 Likes

It is pretty bad.

I’m curious to know how they keep breaking it and then apparently not doing anything to fix it.

2 Likes

four days later and people are still being put into singapore servers. affecting both QP and Comp. Quite disappointing that this was happening on launch and has come back

2 Likes

Yeah just happened to me.

Yesterday I went into practice range and was actually connected to a European server.

2 Likes

Yep, same. It was initially every second game or so, now every game I join has 120-130png. I play in south-east Queensland.

2 Likes

I kept getting put into the British server in practice range all yesterday as well! Additionally, all custom games that were rated as having ‘good ping’ were the Singapore servers - if I selected games with worse ping, I could eventually find the Australian server hosted custom games. A weird problem.

1 Like

Any update on this? its still happening

1 Like

The fact that this issue, which is not unprecedented, has been going on for over a WEEK without Blizzard even acknowledging it, let alone fixing it, is pathetic. They need to do better if they want me to open my wallet, because right now all I feel is disgust . I don’t think there’s any cosmetic they could release that could convince me to overlook my hostility towards a company that takes this poor approach towards an entire continent. And the enlightened middle-manager who likely gave tech support reps the directive not to acknowledge this issue at all should probably book in to the hospital for a cephalanalectomy.

2 Likes

I was in an Aus game, got a message that said lost connection to game server and then it put my into a singapore server

What’s the point in even trying to play competitive if this keeps happening. Let us know you’re looking into it at least, like 50% of my games seem to be on servers that aren’t Aus.

1 Like

Blizz fix this, it makes the game completely unplayable.

1 Like

Still happening, unacceptable for a competitive game

1 Like

Not even a blue response should tell you how much they don’t give a flying

1 Like

Bump as this is still happening today

1 Like

Still happening, still getting penalties for leaving, dgaf. Fix it blizzard.

2 Likes