Main Thread - Agent Went to Sleep

I did what was suggested in this post from 2018:

Stuff like this can frequently be caused by security programs blocking the install / update. I’d suggest disabling or temporarily uninstalling any of that stuff, just to test the install.

We can also try a clean reinstall of the Blizzard app, to make sure no old files are left behind:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app
  2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battle.net and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%
  3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app using a new installer from here . Make sure you run as Admin .

After that I was able to get to the point of updating Overwatch at which point it wouldn’t go past “waiting.” So I figured I would just restart Battlenet and lo and behold it’s back to the “Blizzard Agent asleep” issue. CPU usage is practically at 0% when it’s saying that, so I assume it’s actually doing nothing.

A week ago I was able to install both Battlenet and Overwatch without any issue, but now it’s at this.

17 Likes

I installed the new patch yesterday and everything seemed fine .But now after I log in the following message appears "Blizzard agent went to sleep . Attempting to wake it up… BLZBNTBNA00000005 " and I cant get to the game . A friend has the same issue . We tried re-opening and re- installing battlenet and restarted our computers like the support page hinted but the issue remains .

32 Likes

Same issue here (East Coast).

9 Likes

Something about blizzard’s auth service broke, it’s being reported in WoW forums too.

In the meanwhile, you can launch Overwatch by going to

[OVERWATCH_FOLDER]\_retail_\Overwatch.exe

And launching that, you’ll skip battle.net altogether.

“Program Files (x86)\Overwatch” Is the default install location, if you haven’t changed it and aren’t sure where to look.

21 Likes

The Blizzard Application just needs another hour in bed…

Try this as a temporary solution until Blizzard figures things out.
Go to Program Files (x86) > Overwatch > _ Retail _ Click on Overwatch.exe

These steps will bypass the Blizzard App and will directly launch the game.
This should work for most, if not everyone here.

14 Likes

Same issue in NA. Extremely annoying. Reinstalling won’t work, it gets stuck mid-way.

4 Likes

there’s a problem.

3 Likes

Me and 2 of my friends are having this problem, 1 of which was playing only a couple hours ago. Any idea how to fix it?

3 Likes

I’m getting this too after my computer restarted (well, power went out but still).

1 Like

Someone broked sumpin.

2 Likes

Hey all!

Our Engineers are already on the case! We are currently investigating and posting updates regarding this here.

11 Likes

someone said to launch the game from the exe instead but then i get no compatible graphics hardware found error. Weird been playing on the same since launch

1 Like

Yeah, that caused me to be unable to connect to the server in the first place. Guess I’ll just wait for the codemonkeys to fix this.

I am having the same exact issue, any help?

Having the same issue too, Glad it’s not just me. PepeHands

1 Like

Anyone from USA have this problem too ? im from eu

1 Like

go to program files (mine was in x86)
search for overwatch
click the overwatch file
go to retail
and open “Overwatch”
then put email and password, and you’re in

2 Likes

Won’t work if you’re required to use the authenticator. At least didn’t for me.

2 Likes

It would be fine to open the retail app, but the authenticator is broke , and I haven’t updated the game either

thank you this worked for me it is installing now