[Main Thread] Account information missing

I logged onto my PS4 just to find all my skins and hard work missing, my PC account is the one that transferred. Hopefully, there’ll be some solution to this soon, to get our skins back.

1 Like

I think they are slowly but surely fixing everything. All of my stuff was gone, and it was like I was a new player, but luckily after logging in and spamming the queue to merge they finally did it, I restarted my game and all of my progress and cosmetics are back.

1 Like

blizzard finally addressed this!

3 Likes

Did u have anything before getting your stuff back, like any skins or even just stats and levels because I know some people were only missing some skins but I had my account completely wiped, like everything gone, stats, skins, everything?

1 Like

(Reposting my own post here so it’s more likely to be seen)
I had a similar (if not the same) issue, I’m a console player and I wasn’t made aware about needing to set up transfer for my stuff before Overwatch 2 came out since I couldn’t bring myself to play much near the end so I lost all of my stuff… I put hours and a bunch of money into the game.
I don’t even care I lost everything, I just want my special skins & emotes (Pink Mercy, my Overwatch League skins, Lucio’s dj emote etc.) and my golden guns for Mercy back.

1 Like

You didn’t have to do anything previously, since SUPPOSEDLY the game (OW2) has to show you a prompt to merge your stuff.

You could do stuff before, but it was not necessary.

1 Like

I also am having this same exact issue. I couldn’t even play the first day and when I finally get in I’m rewarded with seeing all of event skins and golden guns are gone. 10/10 game!

1 Like

My account was completely wiped. I had none of my player cosmetics, none of my stats, none of my progress at all. It was like I was a brand new player. Thankfully after queuing into OW2 and clicking the merge over and over it finally prompted me to close my game, I waited like five minutes before reopening my game, and now I have EVERYTHING back from OW1. Things are slowly being fixed :blush:.

6 Likes

Linking our accounts back when crossplay released was all we needed to do to have our stuff transferred to OW2.

…. Right?

Are you on console?? If so, this is reassuring. May just have to spam the merge button next time I get in.

1 Like

I try still all Lost but it load My settings in Game and thats it

1 Like

I’m glad that at the very least they addressed this situation but blaming us for not merging when they didn’t even try to get the information out to players is really disrespectful.
I just want to play the game, but only being able to play as ten heroes makes this game really boring.
Hope they solve this soon and not in a week like their post implies

2 Likes

I have the same exact account as before nothing different. I even had my phone number linked before anything and my account got wiped. I still have the same nick name and still have the same battle net friends added and my call of duty account has been linked to the same account as well.

1 Like

If I didn’t merge my account in overwatch 1, does that mean I lost all my progress in overwatch 2?

Just an update on mine. My merge option is now gone and i have relogged in. No change. Still missing all progress, items, and characters are still locked. Reopened my ticket as they marked it answered 15 hours ago with the same canned reply we all got.

Never have i ever wanted a refund from a purchase i made over a few years ago until now

1 Like

We have an update if folks have seen it. It appears that things are not lost, but it may take a bit to get them back.

Also the SMS phone thing has been removed for past players who purchased OW1. It is in that link.

Problems with Account Merge (Missing Player Items/Data)

Tl;dr: You have not lost any items or progress, though some players are logging in and seeing some/all elements missing from their collection.

2 Likes

Same like I have none of my skins nor my account level!

1 Like

No one’s account is truly wiped/deleted/lost. Please check the announcement forum for an update.

6 Likes

The weird part for me is my console account got wiped and replaced with my PC progress (which is nowhere near my Console progress and cosmetics) so I’m still hoping ill get my console progress and that my PC account that was originally linked to Battle.net didn’t just replace it completely. Also FYI I never/haven’t account merged yet.