[Main Thread] Account information missing

yup same thing here wiped everything bruh rip

1 Like

This is disgusting. I have been playing since a month after launch and linked my accounts for the extra “goodies” from way back when. I have had it linked for the longest time but when I linked it on the first day of OW2, everything is wiped and it is as if I am a brand new players when I have over 1500 hours and so much money put into league skins. For Doomfist, I think I have all of the league skins in their entirety as well as league skins for other characters too. That means, if I don’t get my stuff back, that’s about 200 dollars down the drain. Wow Blizzard, thanks.

I also have my account merged correctly because, when I log into my Battlenet account, the one I have been using ever since I had to log into OW1 with your Battlenet account, it quite actually says it is linked to my Xbox Live account. I’ve even bought merch through this account. It is not brand new, nor did I forget to merge the accounts because I know, factually, that I’ve had my account linked in OW1 for god knows how long.

Yesterday, however, my game client didn’t have the “merge account” button. It has it today, when I was able to get through the queue after waiting an hour. So I press it and nothing happens. Like, dude. I cannot imagine how pissed I would be if I’ve lost 6 years of gameplay, money, stats, and effort.

Someone above me had said that they are afraid that, since Blizzard hasn’t said anything, that this might be something they can’t fix. I.E. there would be no reason for them to say there’s going to be a change because there is no change to be made. I am afraid of the idea that so many people, including me, are just losing all of their progress and there’s nothing to be done. Which also brings up the possibility that the DDos attack ran over a lot of data on accounts and so Blizzard hasn’t said anything because they know they’ve messed up.

I know there are people who have their items from OW1 because I’ve seen them in game. And you cannot tell me and thousands of people have merged their accounts incorrectly. If there were a couple hundreds, maybe, but the amount of people I’ve read who have claimed they’ve done everything correctly and still have their stuff wiped is insane. I thought at this point it would be fixed or even addressed but instead, Blizzard is just silent. They are saying nothing. That is alarming. It’s scary. I’m afraid that Blizzard might just say “sorry” and that’s all. No profiles returned. Just time lost. That’s just sad.

I hope everyone’s stuff gets fixed. It’s just absurd now. This launch has been disastrous for a game the devs have had ample time to prepare their game. Jesus Christ. What a diabolical launch.

18 Likes

I’m so desperate for my stuff right now that i am re-installing the game, there’s any news from blizzard?

1 Like

What if I don’t need to merge but all my stuff is still gone? I’m a day one ps4/ps5 player I haven’t merged because I didn’t need to but now all my stuff is gone

Yep all my stuff gone progress, skins, level, career history, gold skins, ect… Even though I’m using the same battle.net and Xbox account I’ve always used.

exactly what this guy said

13 Likes

This is the first I’ve seen Blizzard address the issue.

2 Likes

Its frustrating that they wont give any info for the people that have completely had their accounts wiped of all progress. (even my battle.net has the default icon now) i wish i knew if it was even safe to play on my wiped account without damaging my real progress they have lost.

7 Likes

I realize that. I 1000% agree that the lack of info is frustrating.

I have not seen an updated Blue post yet anywhere about the blank account issue. Thousands of folks have posted about it and are rather worried.

I really don’t know. I tend to err on the side of caution on these things and if I play - I expect that any progress might vanish when they restore data. Assuming the can restore data.

I have all my digits crossed for players in this circumstance!!!

1 Like

bruh are you serious

Just boosting the message, my ps4 account was wiped after merging.

4 Likes

Same here. It sucks that I lost all my progress and settings. Completely blank account, but I have my achievements on my Xbox and the correct account name. I only ever played Xbox, so there was no merge button.

2 Likes

Thousands of hours, stats, who knows how much $ spent on OW 1 cosmetics, limited time skins earned, player icons, player borders…literally everything… I don’t even want to play this bullsh!t to be 100% honest until I get my stuff back. OG players been waiting faithfully for this just to get all our time and effort wiped?? A big “f you” to us honestly.

11 Likes

Just wondering if anyone got any items that were missing them before now. I gotta know if there’s a possibility before I waste my time trying to log in again

I just managed to get into the game again and still have everything missing. If that helps

6 Likes

Im in the same boat, nothing transferred and no watchpoint pack

I am same here golden gun gone all skins gone and no Watchpoint pack is gone to. I want my skin I work hard for back on my account on PS4.

I have like 5 years worth of stuff and all of it is gone, i will not be motivated to play at all if i dont have my stuff, i literally had almost everything. I hope this gets fixed

1 Like

I’m on series s and it goes to connect me then I get disconnected then it sends me into a 2000 queue that’s just basically limbo. Please help!

same here bro and I though I was the only one